• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friends and Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
Just a little aside from the Mignolet thread - It seems that LFC is quite hated amongst other PL fans. I was quite surprised that while looking at a Sunderland forum they seem to genuinely despise us. I mean it's bloody Sunderland! What the fuck have they got to be annoyed about? Anyone know of any other random haters? (Other than the obvious) And why? I might be missing something but I just put it down to 18 league titles and 5 European cups and figured jealousy was the reason.

On the flip side I feel there are some friends out there too. Olympiacos, Benfica, Barcalona and Celtic have all been pretty sound - Strangely West Ham fans have always been pretty complimentary as well.

204qp.jpg

I'm puzzled by Sunderland's attitude. We beat them in a cup final, that's about it, isn't it? I think it's jealousy.

Is there? Whenever I've been at matches against them they've launched into that witless 'sign on' chant from the kick off and then alternated with the 'hoof ball' chant. Ever since the Carra magic coin incident they've been some of the most irritating fans around. I hate those bell ends with a passion.

Friends = celtic, brossia dortmand, crew, wrexham, ireland

Enemies = Spurs, everscum, scum original, chelshit, stoke, crystal palace, juventus, ireland

Yeah, I generally hate Arsenal fans aswell. That hoof chant did my head in. Still laugh at how the chants died down after Keanes goal from Aggers clearance at the Emirates.

West Ham fans seem to be alright.
We've got a very good relationship with Borussia Monchengladbach

A lot of it, I think, stems from how a lot of fans prattle on about the glory days, and how they feel entitled to success. Quite a few seem to also have a persecution complex of sorts: the FA, god, referees, etc are all working against us on matchdays in the eyes of some, and they are very vocal about this.

A lot of our own supporters tend to piss me off to those regards...

A lot of it, I think, stems from how a lot of fans prattle on about the glory days, and how they feel entitled to success. Quite a few seem to also have a persecution complex of sorts: the FA, god, referees, etc are all working against us on matchdays in the eyes of some, and they are very vocal about this.

A lot of our own supporters tend to piss me off to those regards...
Christ almighty, this is spot on.

I hate the talk of out glory days. 18 leagues is an achievement, but less so when the last was won before some of the players who now start for us were born

We've still won a fair few cups in that time though.

A lot of other clubs supporters do dislike us for supposedly being up ourselves, delusional about still be relevant and the rest of it.

Fuck 'em.

I don't know about 'prattling on' but I get your point. I think our past was always something to proud about then in 2005 completely out of the blue we went and won the Champions League - Suddenly all those rival fans that could find some comfort in a dry LFC trophy cabinet saw their arses - Much to the delight of all of us I might add :cool:

This picture rather sums it up.

images

I hate some of our 'supporters' never mind other clubs fans disliking them.
LOL! I know exactly what you mean. I remember going to an away match at West Brom a couple of seasons ago and cringing at some of the LFC fans there. Bellends everywhere though mate - Every team has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom