• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
I've been thinking this for a while, but recent events have finally compelled me to start a thread.
Now, I've been a Red Sox fan for many years and what's happened both there and at Anfield recently bears scrutiny.

Liverpool ended the season failing to deliver on the many fronts. Especially with the outlay on players fees and wages. The Red Sox ended last season disastrously. From first in the AL East and favourites for the world series, to not even getting a wild card. Cue the sacking of the manager (who had won them their first world series in 86 years) and the sacking of the general manager. There was then a flurry of players kicked out. This culminated at the start of this week with the trade of my favourite player for less than peanuts.

At Liverpool FSG also pulled the trigger on two managers, the DOF, and other staff across the organisation.
So either FSG really know what they're doing, or we are fucked.
Much like the Red Sox.
Breaks my heart that the only teams teams in the world I care about are in similar situations.

I believe they were right to 'pull the trigger' on Hodgson and Daglish, and I think their management appointment is a good one.

So long as they give Rodgers a decent amount of time, i.e 2 years plus, then I'll be happy.

As I know more about Japanese history (about 3 facts) than I do baseball, I'll judge only on the facts I know for sure.

Basically that boils down to this, where these guys know what they're doing or not, they damn sure believe they do & have the balls to back up their believe with tough decisions.

History generally shows those chairmen in football who have that trait do well, whether that transposes onto a company who own a club is another matter, only time will tell, but I admire their trust in themselves to get things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom