• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Garcia still wants Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Lille coach Rudi Garcia has admitted he would love to have Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole back at the club.

Cole
spacer.gif
enjoyed a successful spell on loan at Lille
spacer.gif
last season before returning to Liverpool
spacer.gif
in the summer.

The 30-year-old has struggled to establish himself in Brendan Rodgers' plans this term and was criticised for his performance in last week's Capital One Cup defeat to Swansea.

Cole's long-term future has been the subject of speculation with the transfer window set to reopen in January and his former Lille team-mate Yohan Cabaye suggested over the weekend the former Chelsea
spacer.gif
and West Ham man should consider a return to the French club.

Garcia admits they could not afford to sign Cole on a permanent basis on the summer, but would love to bring him back to Lille.

"Joe is not only a great person, but also a great footballer. But financially it was not possible to save him," Garcia told RMC

"This can be prohibitive for the return of Joe to Lille. Sportingly and humanly, I'd love to see him back."

I can't see him leaving us if he doesn't drop his wages considerably - doubt West Ham, Lille or whoever will pay more than 50% of what he's on now.

Depends on whether he actually still want's to play football or if he's happy to just sit on his arse and collect money for nothing.
I think it would be better for everyone for this to come off.
If we could recoup anything in terms of a transfer fee and get him off the payroll, I'll be chuffed.

Cabaye's advising him to go as well.

Cabaye advises Cole on Lille return

November 5, 2012
By ESPN staff
Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has suggested that Joe Cole should return to Lille, rather than trying to force his way into Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool plans.

After falling out of favour at Anfield during his first season at the club, Cole, 30, was sent out on loan to the French club last season, proving to be a relative success.
However, his aim of trying to regain his place in the Liverpool starting line-up this term has so far proved unsuccessful, with the midfielder having played just 32 minutes of Premier League football.
And Cabaye, 26, who spent 13 years at Lille, believes the former England international would be better off at his old club.
"It is not easy for him because he does not play much," Cabaye told L'Equipe. "It worked well for him at Lille. Maybe it would be a good idea for him to return there. The club, the coach and the fans love him at Lille. I've heard that Rudi Garcia would be interested to have him back."
Cole's Liverpool game-time this season has been limited to just four appearances, while Rodgers recently questioned the club's reported £90,000-a-week investment in the former Chelsea man.

He's a sunk cost so why can't we just pay up his contract and release him on a free?

It all depends on the player TBH. If he insists on seeing his contract out, as strictly speaking he's entitled to, there's stuff all we can do about it.

I think Lille are attempting to get him, and have us continue to pay most of his wages. Probably the best solution - he plays better for them, and we don't have to be constantly reminded of the money we have wasted.

We might as well get paid a couple of mill over the two years than just pay him to sit in the dugout. Choice between a 9 mill and a 7 mill waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom