• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gerrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Gerrard said: "I've loved it (being captain). I've loved the responsibility and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've tried my best and gave everything I've got - I gave it my best shot.
"I've had a brief chat with the manager. I am available as long as I'm wanted at this level. The manager has told me he wants me to continue and carry on - and I'm there and available."

It's much preferable to him going to Chelski. He's given LFC a hell of a lot over the years, so if he's desperate to play for England I think he deserves our support, however much we'd like him to rest up.

It's much preferable to him going to Chelski. He's given LFC a hell of a lot over the years, so if he's desperate to play for England I think he deserves our support, however much we'd like him to rest up.

Exactly. He's given enough up for this club that we cannot begrudge him this if its what he wants.

He deserved more glory than we could give. He's given loyalty in a business where there is little. He can do whatever he wants, even move abroad and we wouldn't begrudge him

Nobody should be mad. Gerrard has given us enough to be frank. A league title is all that he needs.

Gerrard's national captaincy will shorten his club career.

I think most of us suspect that will be the case, but he's been a great servant to LFC and if he wants to keep playing for England then so be it. Kenny played on for Scotland until he was 35. Rushie played for ages. It's their right.

I think most of us suspect that will be the case, but he's been a great servant to LFC and if he wants to keep playing for England then so be it. Kenny played on for Scotland until he was 35. Rushie played for ages. It's their right.
Theres no arguing with that.

Aye there may even be some perks for Liverpool in this...

Remember when he was Captain for a briefwhile and basically told the ref "He has to go!" while playing for Liverpool and they listened.

Who knows may be Suarez could even get away with calling some one a "Black Cunt" on tele.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom