1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Gini's got the shits

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by rurikbird, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

Georginio Wijnaldum has said Liverpool’s title fortunes rest on sustaining the form that dismantled Bournemouth on Saturday, when he shone throughout the 3-0 victory despite suffering illness.
    The midfielder capped a man-of-the-match display with a delightful goal, his first at Anfield since October 2017, as Jürgen Klopp’s side reacted impressively to Manchester City overtaking them in the title race. Wijnaldum was named in the lineup only on the morning of the game, having missed training, through illness and he disclosed in graphic detail that he played while suffering with a stomach complaint.

“On Thursday night I had a tablet from the doctor for my knee,” said the 28-year-old, who missed the draw at West Ham with an ongoing knee problem. “It was a tablet that could induce stomach pains. I took it and I had a pain and thought it was from the tablet. In the end I was vomiting and everyone was a little bit scared. I didn’t train on Friday and I didn’t sleep at the hotel either because they thought I might infect other players.
    “The manager called me and asked if I could play. I said I was as positive as I can be. In the morning I was still weak and had diarrhoea. The tablets helped a lot but even at half-time I had to run off quickly to get to the toilet. At half-time I thought: ‘Oh no’ but I ran inside and managed to control it!”

Wijnaldum is confident he will recover from the illness and the knee condition during the 10-day break before Liverpool’s next game, against Bayern Munich. Klopp is taking his squad to a training camp in Spain. The Netherlands international said the Bournemouth victory was the perfect response to dropping points against West Ham and Leicester, and re-set the benchmark for the performance level required to win the Premier League.
    He added: “It is always a good response when you win. Three goals and a clean sheet makes it even better. We must make sure we respond every game, not just one game. It is difficult [competing with City] but we already knew from the beginning that it would be difficult. We have to control our results and performances. We have to give everything in every game and in the end see where we are. You could see at the beginning of the season we have improved. We just have to keep it going.”

SummerOnions likes this.
  2. juniormember

juniormember Well-Known Member

Yeah. Now we understand Gini’s Somewhat subdued celebration after his goal. All his energy was concentrated in keeping his shit from spraying out.

Frogfish likes this.
  3. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

[​IMG]

Great goal, brothe... what's that smell?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

He did look gaunt in the game. Here I was thinking his choice of lob was genius when really he was just holding back from shitting on the follow through

5. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

He should not be so restrained anyway. The oposite can be good entertainment. Over here the singer of a rockband struggled with the same but insisted to run his normal show which at the time included entre the stage in a string like the bodybuilders use... during one of the more intense parts of the show the drummer left the drumset and started chasing the Singer around the stage. The audiens thought it was part of the show and cheered on but it was later discovered that the singer har actually sprayed shit on the drummer....

6. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

Am I the only one who sang that title to Janie's Got a Gun?

7. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

A shitspreading one for sure....

8. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

During his playing days that sarky bluenose t!t Lineker once had to rush off the pitch to deal with a similar problem.

Pity he's now spouting it from the other end.

gkmacca likes this.
  9. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

Didn't he actually drop one on the pitch in the world cup, just before taking a penalty?

Edit - not when he was taking a penalty (was getting confused with someone who threw up just before taking one), but he did shit himself. Then again it was against Jackie Charlton's hoofers, so he was just adding to the shit already on the pitch

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  10. Judge Jules

Yes indeed - well remembered Tom.  It was just shy of 30 years ago and I must have sold myself an altered memory of the nasty details in the meantime, just to try and escape the horrible mental image.

11. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

Not you too!

Judge Jules likes this.
  12. Judge Jules

I've never been so insulted in all my days.  How dare you confuse me with that jug-eared dingbat?

13. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Is it just me who doesn't hate Linkear?

Fabio likes this.
  14. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

I don't mind him either...

15. Judge Jules

He's a snide, vastly overrated (as a broadcaster) Evertonian tw@t who's waaaayyy too pleased with himself.  And I say that not just because of his blueslime past - a "Big Issue" seller I used to know told me the most unpopular one he had ever tried to sell was when Lineker was on the cover one time.  Quite right too IMHO.

gkmacca and Grjt2 like this.
  16. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

He's a very excellent broadcaster, but he's several years into his vaguely sneery "I know I'm good" BBC comfort zone, and that makes him get more annoying and smug as time goes on......and he was an annoying, smug cunt in the first place.

17. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez I Moustache You a Question Member

Yeh - he's smug because he's pretty good though. He says the odd thing that pisses me off, but on the whole he's eminently watchable.

Mystic likes this.
  18. gkmacca

gkmacca SCM Addict Member

Lineker also appears to have hands made of wood. Or porcelain. Someone must have said a few years ago, 'Gary, love, be more expressive with your hands, it's good on TV,' so then he started trying but he moves them like they're puppet hands. I find it so distracting that, thankfully, I never have any idea what he's chuntering on about.

19. Halmeister

Halmeister Some sort of pun about having a well known member Member

I don't mind him either. In fact, I actually quite like him.

Mystic likes this.
  20. gkmacca

gkmacca SCM Addict Member

He's got a really poor reputation in the broadcasting world among those who've worked with him. And even Evertonians, generally, don't have anything good to say about him. And in this fevered MeToo world, it's quite a surprise he's not yet been dragged into the controversy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.