• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

" GlenJo is the best right-back in the league at this stage...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the long discussed thing... good going forward, can use both feet, seems to be getting his pace back. but his defence is suspect.

He's pretty, he has that going for him. He'd be prettier if he scored more goals, got more assists and looked more solid defensively.

He was one of Liverpool's best players today against Villa. He's better than Martin Kelly, and I'm thinking that right now he's an integral part of the best back four in the league.
Much love for Johnson here.

to be fair he seems to have improved his defensive side to his game .offensively he is the best in the league no doubt Richards is no way near our glenjo.

He was, and it seems to coincide with a return to, or very close to, match fitness.

There's certainly a case to be made for it, I struggle to think of a better one at the mo, and if he and the back four continue like they have then at the end of the season it could be a definite yes.

Easily one of my favourite players in the team.

So classy and smooth on the ball. Great skill and good range of shooting too. He's not flawless by any means by I wouldn't swap him with any other RB in the League at the moment.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47966.msg1446079#msg1446079 date=1324224940]
Oh, and Richards (from what I've seen, which I admit isn't much) has been much the better right back this season
[/quote]
Haven't seen that much of him either this Season but he was dire against us at Anfield.

We have the paciest back line since i started following our beloved club. Glenjo, Kelly, Enrique, Agger, Skittles.....all are quite nippy.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47966.msg1446079#msg1446079 date=1324224940]
Oh, and Richards (from what I've seen, which I admit isn't much) has been much the better right back this season
[/quote]

I disagree. I've seen most City games this season and he has shone, at times, but has been very ordinary too. He is quality going forward but I still think his defensive game is lacking too. His pace helps him immensely.

Great game from Glenjo today. Could have capped it it if he'd taken advantage after skinning three Villa players.

Happy to admit he was amazing today

Assured when on the ball and off it

If he played like that weekly I'd have no qualms

[quote author=Holle link=topic=47966.msg1446098#msg1446098 date=1324225357]
He was great today but I don't think he's the best right back in the PL.
[/quote]
Who is the best then?

To be fair he wasn't really challenged by their winger, Albrighton or whatever his name is.
But Glen is doing really well. Seems to be fully fit.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47966.msg1446159#msg1446159 date=1324228946]
To be fair he wasn't really challenged by their winger, Albrighton or whatever his name is.
But Glen is doing really well. Seems to be fully fit.
[/quote]

Yep. He played well but Villa were utter shit

[quote author=themn link=topic=47966.msg1446037#msg1446037 date=1324224179]
KHL said that, not, I repeat, NOT me.

Discuss.
[/quote]

Has he changed his name to Glen Johanson and become the new spoksman for Lurpak?

[quote author=themn link=topic=47966.msg1446138#msg1446138 date=1324226922]
Well, this I did not expect.

Huzzah !

*waits for Rosco's GlenJo Haterz*
[/quote]

We've done this before, I'll just say I'm not surprised Johnson looked good when he had no defending to do.

I thought johnson was superb defensively when he was utilised on the left (last season) which makes NO SENSE but it's true.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47966.msg1446194#msg1446194 date=1324232088]
He wasn't superb he just didn't make any fuck ups
[/quote]

ha ha

If Glen Johnson was half as bad at defending as some of you seem to think we wouldn't have the best defensive record in the league.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=47966.msg1446198#msg1446198 date=1324232669]
If Glen Johnson was half as bad at defending as some of you seem to think we wouldn't have the best defensive record in the league.
[/quote]

They don't wanna hear that though !

If he was anyway decent at defending we wouldn't have conceded as many as we have and we wouldn't have been beaten by Fulham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom