• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goals, Goals, Glorious Goals... A Lookback

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstrung_pigeon

Well-Known
Dug up this thread from before the season started:
-- http://sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/goals-goals-glorious-goals.52249/#post-1158075

80 goals would be a very good tally as long as we can shave 12 to 15 goals off the no. we conceded last season. 75 is conservative but realistic. I expect at least half of the goals Suarez contributed to be hard to get back, while I also think Gerrard's goal tally will fall because we may not get as many penalties as we did last season.

Conservative and reasonable targets for the various players and sections could look like this:

Centre forwards = 35 (Sturridge = 20; Borini / Remy + Lambert = 15)
Wide forwards / Attacking mids = 22 (Sterling = 10; Coutinho + Lallana + Markovic + Suso/Ibe/Teixeira = 12)
Centre mids = 12 (Allen + Henderson + Can + Lucas + Gerrard)
Defenders = 6
TOTAL = 75

Top that up with a few own goals and we could hit 80.

Current vs Expectation

Forwards:
-- Sturridge: 2 vs 20 (hey, I expected him to miss games, but not so many...)
-- Borini/Remy (okay Balotelli) + Lambert: 4 vs 15 (bloody hell, I feel like an idiot.. this is criminal from them)

Wide forwards/Attacking mids:
-- Sterling: 6 vs 10 (on track);
-- Coutinho + Lallana + Markovic + Ibe: 10 vs 12 (on track)

Centre mds: 10 vs 12 (on track)

Defenders: 4 vs 6 (on track)

TOTAL (excluding own goals): 36 vs 75 (woefully off track).

To think I had actually set a conservative target of 15 goals from the other 3 strikers combined.

There's still 11 games to go though. All I need is for Sturridge to pull in 18 goals, the 3-headed striker monster to chip in another 11 and the rest to get another 10 goals (doable!) to save my blushes. Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom