• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha as if Fabinho isn't first XI!

........... Fabinho

... Thiago.............+1

Agree with this - for me Fabs is the first name in the midfield three. So many options - and if it continues to help the whole set of CMs raise the bar then this would be epic as there have been times when we've all felt its been a bit stagnant.

He didn't play at CB to start with though, he did his dues & got his experience at full back.

Almost every young CB at a side at the top level that I can remember gets a year or two at full back for the same reason I gave.

He actually started out at DM and scored in his debut at home.

Our constant moaning and negativity is what filters out into the world, and eventually finds it ways to the counter party of both our ingoing and outgoing transfers, they subsequently believe we are on the brink of liquidation, and we get charged favourable fees as a result. If you non-moaning people had it your way, talking us up and revealing our hand to the entire world, the transfer window would have ended up like the scum's one. A modicum of gratitude would not be out of line.

Lol Dantes.. I'm not sure you really believe that.

But anyways, no one is saying we should be "talked up".

Just that we should give our board and Klopp time to work.

Like I said last week, I had confidence that this was part of a strategy to move late and get the best price.

Like has been said, the Jota deal was probably dependant on us playing like paupers to Bayern to get favourable terms there. Even with Jota, we have favourable terms on that deal with the initial outlay.

Clearly Edwards and the board are being very creative in these Covid times by deferring payments to later when we're likely to have the crowds back.

Was one of the few times I've been lucky enough to be in the Kop. Behind the goal, about 5 rows back, and me and my mate said, imagine if we saw this lad score a goal on debut right in front of us, Kop end and he goes on to become a club legend...

Ha great story.

He actually started out at DM and scored in his debut at home.
I'm reliably informed I was there by all my mates, but I have no memory of it whatsoever. Which is mad, cos around that time I can even remember some bits of the youth sides cup games never mind the first team matches, & I hadn't really discovered drink or weed properly yet.

I'm reliably informed I was there by all my mates, but I have no memory of it whatsoever. Which is mad, cos around that time I can even remember some bits of the youth sides cup games never mind the first team matches, & I hadn't really discovered drink or weed properly yet.

Ha that’s mad. It was a shit game

Was one of the few times I've been lucky enough to be in the Kop. Behind the goal, about 5 rows back, and me and my mate said, imagine if we saw this lad score a goal on debut right in front of us, Kop end and he goes on to become a club legend...
And then I think he only scored once more in his entire career! Mad...

And then I think he only scored once more in his entire career! Mad...
I was in the Anny Road end for his last game against Queens Park Rangers and had the perfect view of his thunderbolt late in the second half attacking the Kop end.
From our view it looked like for all the world that it was going into the top corner only for it's curl make it come back off the post.
We were gutted.

Agree with this - for me Fabs is the first name in the midfield three. So many options - and if it continues to help the whole set of CMs raise the bar then this would be epic as there have been times when we've all felt its been a bit stagnant.

Might be the first time I agree with Ryan that there is not a 1st 11. We have some really unique combinations and possible formations for different types of games.

Sometimes we will need the creativity of Thiago. Sometimes we will need the control of Fabs, when he is not returning from holiday.
Sometimes we will need Hendo's sheer will and leadership.
Sometimes we will need Gini to slow the game down.

And, I think we will see Jota and Minamino start in key games with out the front 3 being injured.

I understand why Koop likes his options. It will be interesting to see, with the packed calendar this yea, how often he uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom