• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Has Benitez got the boot yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^^ This. Sorry jexy, Rafa had to go when he did. The fact that we replaced him with an overpromoted dodderer doesn't change that.

As neither of us can foretell the future your 'sorry' opinion is of no more value than mine.

What is sure and what we can both agree on is that Hodgson was a mistake.

What makes me think keeping Benitez was a better option was his ability to win trophies and elevate our status. I think he would've flourished with the new owners.

Just my opinion, I'm pleased after the turmoil that we may just have secured an even better manager who has won trophies and may well do that for us.

As neither of us can foretell the future your 'sorry' opinion is of no more value than mine.

What makes me think keeping Benitez was a better option was his ability to win trophies and elevate our status. I think he would've flourished with the new owners.

Just my opinion, I'm pleased after the turmoil that we may just have secured an even better manager who has won trophies and may well do that for us.

Hodgson was a worse manager than Benitez, and as such replacing Benitez with Hodgson was a gigantic, stupid mistake, which most people thought at the time, and everyone thought after 3 months.

Yes, it is foreign language. Instead of making things up then you should try to read a book that explains in detail how Gillett and Hicks took care of the club.

Try and after you tried then read it. I doubt that you will even try to read it. It is easier to moan.

I had right about what I said about Rafa but some people won't accept it even if it is a big FACT.

Yes, it is foreign language. Instead of making things up then you should try to read a book that explains in detail how Gillett and Hicks took care of the club.

Try and after you tried then read it. I doubt that you will even try to read it. It is easier to moan.

I had right about what I said about Rafa but some people won't accept it even if it is a big FACT.

I think I'll pass. I can't even read your posts.

I will never understand all the Rafa hate. If it wasn't for him leaking stuff about Gillett and Hicks then we would probably done a Leeds. Key player after key player was sold and not replaced. The money we got for them payed the interest on the big loan Gillett and Hicks took when they bought the club. The first couple of years he got most of the CL money to spend on new players but after the first couple years he was even forced to make a profit in the transfer market. We sold players and got all the money in one go and signed players from clubs that owed us money. He couldn't pick a player from any other club.

A good example. Rafa had agreed a deal to sign Ramsey. He had negotiated the deal after one of our owners had said yes you will get the money. Our other owner stopped the deal only hours before Ramseys medical.

The reason? Gillett and Hicks didn't exactly liked each other.

From a headwand candidate

mate, you've come out with some awful stuff on these boards, but it's masqueraded by the fact you've got the background of a sophist.

It's still muck. but just dressed up like caviar.

If you can't respect our best manager in 20 years, you really should go support Chelsea, or some other club where they savage their own.

I will never understand all the Rafa hate. If it wasn't for him leaking stuff about Gillett and Hicks then we would probably done a Leeds. Key player after key player was sold and not replaced. The money we got for them payed the interest on the big loan Gillett and Hicks took when they bought the club. The first couple of years he got most of the CL money to spend on new players but after the first couple years he was even forced to make a profit in the transfer market. We sold players and got all the money in one go and signed players from clubs that owed us money. He couldn't pick a player from any other club.

A good example. Rafa had agreed a deal to sign Ramsey. He had negotiated the deal after one of our owners had said yes you will get the money. Our other owner stopped the deal only hours before Ramseys medical.

Thankyou for this thrilling and insightful glimpse into the calamitous ownership of Hicks and Gilette. Being a Liverpool fan, from Liverpool, I was entirely unaware that things were ever this bad.

you make some good points. Sadly there's a few ingrates on the boards, Just a few.

most of us appreciate the work Rafa did, know he fought for the club with those 2 bastards, and got a little destroyed in the process, losing the plot.

He made some weird decisions, but he also put us back in the top tier of Europe's elite with some great signings and two CL finals.

But some people can't bring themselves to overlook his flaws. Que sera.

Thankyou for this thrilling and insightful glimpse into the calamitous ownership of Hicks and Gilette. Being a Liverpool fan, from Liverpool, I was entirely unaware that things were ever this bad.

Oh stop, the guy's got a point, that many people are forgetting.

Oh stop, the guy's got a point, that many people are forgetting.

I haven't forgotten a thing. Benitez was a great manager for us and I will always appreciate what he did on and off the pitch. But he also did plenty wrong, and even with the extenuating circumstances of the latter part of his reign, that last season was just horrid. That doesn't mean I wanted to see him replaced with Roy Hodgson, though.

Neither of us needs to foretell the future to recognise the fact that Rafa's regime had hit the buffers. The chaos off the field was far from helpful and I was as delighted as everyone else when the Two Stooges were kicked out, but they were a separate issue, as was his replacement by Hodgson. Rafa had lost it anyway and the idea that his fall from grace was down to those clowns doesn't stand up. He made his own mistakes.

I haven't forgotten a thing. Benitez was a great manager for us and I will always appreciate what he did on and off the pitch. But he also did plenty wrong, and even with the extenuating circumstances of the latter part of his reign, that last season was just horrid. That doesn't mean I wanted to see him replaced with Roy Hodgson, though.

Fair enough, others may have. This is why ARN was making the point. Agreed on the other points. The sheer fact of Gillette and Hicks makes me give him a break on the final year though. Very hard to work well in such a toxic political environment.

The reason to why it was right to sack Rafa was that he had no energy left. For years he had...
... He had no real CEO that helped him. Only the joke(Purslow) that when he got Roy he sang, I got Roy, I got Roy I got Rooooooooy, I got Roy, I got Roy, I got Rooooooy..
:D:D

Purslow did sing the Roy thing. It isn't something that is made up.

Rafa made his mistakes but FFS, some of you should show him at least some respect. He deserves that. Say that you don't like him but show some respect. He worked his socks off every day for the club. He tried his very best every day for the club. He respected the fans and did a lot of charity work and donated a lot of money to charity.

Rafa made his mistakes but FFS, some of you should show him at least some respect. He deserves that. Say that you don't like him but show some respect. He worked his socks off every day for the club. He tried his very best every day for the club. He respected the fans and did a lot of charity work and donated a lot of money to charity.
Dude I've been there. Just let it go.

I respect the way he played the media.

He pulled the wool over many people's eyes.

The team that came second in 2009 was done though. I think if Rafa had stayed he would have found it impossible to rebuild the team, especially in that climate under G&H. We had no money and we had to rebuild the whole spine of the team. Stevie and Torres were injury prone and past their best. Carra was past his best. Pepe was fat and past his best. Xabi was in Madrid. Only Mascher was like the player he was in 2009. Plus they were all on big fat salaries and selling them was difficult in that climate as those players were still living on their reputations.

Benitez threads always go this way, people can't let it go. Why? Because what happened was ill thought out and a mistake in hindsight. We've paid a high price for expediency and doing 'something' when it wasn't necessary.

Fortunate for us we seem to have 'lucked out' and got a fine manager with the right base of skill and passion to be a great fit for our club. I'm hopeful he'll win more than Benitez and then past mistakes will be rightly forgotten.

He's never been the same since Paco left his side.
He's been largely rubbish actually.

Cadiz's next opponents have tied up their suspended player ahead of their game this weekend

CVUF8JXXAAAnx_v.jpg

Istanbul was great but let's face facts, Benitez was a fucking mental case by the end. More delusional than when Frank Bruno thought he was actually Frankie Dettori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom