• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox

Very Active
Amazingly Hendo played twice in the euro's and did ok, he also ended the season well and was superb in the Chelsea win at Anfield.

But what next for him?

If you assume Brendan will play Lucas and Stevie in the middle for all the matches Stevie is fit enough and we buy a right winger, will Hendo get enough games to keep his England squad spot. Probably not with Lampard, Barry and Wilshere back.

Is he seen directly as a replaement for Stevie or a number two right winger now Dirk has gone

Does he have a 1st team chance this season?

Good questions really and not ones I can answer.

I do believe he has grown as a player and the Euros experience will do him a lot of good why I reckon he'll get his fair share of games at least.

If we are to play a more possession-minded game he'll thrive more on the right as well than last Season where he was more asked to make runs and go to the byline, which really isn't to his strengths.

I like him and hope he can build further on his good development of late.

If - IF - Henderson can start turning some of that potential into reality I reckon he has reasonable prospects both for us and for England. Lucas may not play as many games as some imagine while he recovers his form and full fitness, while Lampard and Barry are probably in the final straight of their respective England careers.

If Henderson shows greater confidence and more conviction, he could blossom. Our lack of a right winger could result in Stevie filling the gap there and getting a free role much like when Rafa played him there. Carroll will benefit the most. Its just an idea.

Stevie on the right is fine is he can drift there and not have to cover RB when Glen raids forward. He is still out best crosser of the ball and as good as any right sided player we have. I would not want him stuck out there but just have a position maybe in a diamond where he can go there if he likes without leaving a whole in the middle.

Carroll will love Stevie's crosses after having to put up with Dirks and Hendo's last season

Henderson works his arse off when trying to win the ball back, is a good passer and has lots of energy. I can see him being a Brendan Rodgers type of player.

Henderson works his arse off when trying to win the ball back, is a good passer and has lots of energy. I can see him being a Brendan Rodgers type of player.

I'd work my arse off trying to win the ball back if i played for Liverpool.

He passes if 5 yards sideways almost every time, i'm yet to see this so-called magical passer.

Loads of energy? I'd like to think ever footballer would have 'loads of energy' and i'm not even sure he has, he looks knackered after 20 minutes in games.

Henderson has to improve tenfold next season, doesn't need me to tell him that but some of the comments trying to defend him are just daft.

I know he's young and has a lot to learn etc....but I don't think Henderson has a future at Liverpool. Sure, he can make a simple pass, but when does he ever play a killer ball that splits a defence, or a through ball to launch an attack?

I really hope he proves me wrong, but I just can't see him in a Liverpool shirt for much longer. And with Lucas set to return, it's gonna be much more difficult for the lad.

Henderson will be fighting Charlie Adam for a central midfield berth if Stevie goes right. Let's see who Rodgers settles on. It may be neither. Don't count Jonjo out just yet. Maybe we'll get a hotshot RW/RM and Stevie will revert to the middle again.

Pre-season should be pretty interesting to see the formation we play.

Henderson will be fighting Charlie Adam for a central midfield berth if Stevie goes right. Let's see who Rodgers settles on. It may be neither. Don't count Jonjo out just yet. Maybe we'll get a hotshot RW/RM and Stevie will revert to the middle again.

Pre-season should be pretty interesting to see the formation we play.

shit forgot about Jonjo, 6 central midfielders then - someone has got to be sold surely

shit forgot about Jonjo, 6 central midfielders then - someone has got to be sold surely
It was likely to be Aquilani but the Milan deal is all but dead. Fiorentina may be an option. Here's to hoping for a quick resolution that suitable to all.

I'd work my arse off trying to win the ball back if i played for Liverpool.

He passes if 5 yards sideways almost every time, i'm yet to see this so-called magical passer.

Loads of energy? I'd like to think ever footballer would have 'loads of energy' and i'm not even sure he has, he looks knackered after 20 minutes in games.

Henderson has to improve tenfold next season, doesn't need me to tell him that but some of the comments trying to defend him are just daft.

Gary i'm not defending him. He wasnt good enough last year and needs to improve a lot.

On your points:
He works a lot harder than a lot of players we have.
He is far more energetic than most, e.g. Adam. He might "look" knackered but he has played a lot of 90 minute matches so his stamina is obviously good.
And he is a good passer. I.e. he can pass it to teammates. Rodgers isnt in to long diagonal hollywood passing so his short passing game will suit.

I think Rodgers will use him a lot based on this.

I've no doubt he'll become a good player for us, and do well under Rodgers

He won't be an important player next year though. It'll be the season after

Gary i'm not defending him. He wasnt good enough last year and needs to improve a lot.

On your points:
He works a lot harder than a lot of players we have.
He is far more energetic than most, e.g. Adam. He might "look" knackered but he has played a lot of 90 minute matches so his stamina is obviously good.
And he is a good passer. I.e. he can pass it to teammates. Rodgers isnt in to long diagonal hollywood passing so his short passing game will suit.

I think Rodgers will use him a lot based on this.

I'm really not sure about all that tbh mate.

Works a lot harder than alot of our players? He goes on the odd lung bursting run here and there but i wouldn't say he goes all out in every game. He seems to pick his moments, there was many games last season where i thought he should be busting a gut to get up and support our forwards instead an get himself involved.

He's a different player to Adam, i'd still rather Adam in the team as he's more likely to be productive by way of assists and goals. Appreciate players can contribute in other ways but still, you'd like to think a midfielder could chip in with a decent number of assists/goals, esp an attacking one which Henderson appears to be.

Agree his short passing game might appeal to Rodgers but he'll need to take more responsibility and show that he'll take the ball when under pressure and look after it. Rodgers won't have passengers and Henderson was guilty of being one last season(not the only one).
He's not really the kid some say either - he's 22, he now has a major international championship under his belt and this'll be his 4th season in the Premier League. Next season he needs to deliver.

Lets see what next season brings. I have found Henderson quite a neat little player, he does not do a lot wrong, but he just does not seem to do a lot or bring much to the party, but I think there is more in him than we have seen. I have some hope for him to be honest.
Like Carroll he is a young lad with a big price tag uplifted from his roots and parachuted in to a new club and new city, time will tell.

regards

Always get the feeling that he must be an awesome trainer, and a good lad, but he tries to hard and sometimes games pass him by. also seems to be very nervous at times. Not sure what he offers a lot of the time but can see him developing in time into a decent defensive midfielder. Whether it's with us or elsewhere remains to be seen.

Rogers Swansea team played with three central midfielders. A holder Brittan, A passer Allen and a box breaking AM Sigurdsson.
At this stage (with months of the transfer window remaining) its hard to say, but quite honestly bust guess given the midfielders we have RIGHT NOW, I would suggest that
A)Will be Lucas
B)Will be Gerrard
and
C)Will be Henderson

All of this falls apart however if we dont have the attacking players (or width) to support the lone forward.

I would think that Suarez will be first choice through the middle rather than one of the wider berths, so Carroll would start from the bench. That means we have a shortage of LW and RW players to support.
I dont think maxi will be here in September. I dont think Downing is good enough. So basically we need to sign minimum ONE wide man (Raheem for the other role if he has the balls) and then we have the basis of our team.
Obviously we have Joe and Alberto too but fuck knows if they will be here.
Upshot of all this?
Henderson will play. Hes better than Adam at getting into the box and I doubt Gerrard has the legs for it. Gerrard and Adam will share that middle berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom