• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hillsborough - Judgement Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Brown - BBC News reporter - is a big reds fan, I'm amazed he's keeping control of himself so well reporting live on this. I'd have collapsed by now. What a moment this is.

The FA "apologised" for allowing the match to go ahead without a safety certificate on the ground. The fact they did this after the enquiry & some 20 odd years after the event, when clearly they knew what they had done all along did not seem to bother them.

"Only apologise if you get caught" was their motto
It's a wretched gravy train of an organization.
The back patting and brown envelope brigade will be found out in time.

The FA "apologised" for allowing the match to go ahead without a safety certificate on the ground. The fact they did this after the enquiry & some 20 odd years after the event, when clearly they knew what they had done all along did not seem to bother them.

"Only apologise if you get caught" was their motto

And even that apology was a sneaky evasion. They didn't merely allow the match to go ahead, they insisted that it do so in the teeth of safety warnings - not only about the certificate but also about the specific difficulties of a match at that ground between the two sides involved, which had nearly led to disaster at the same stage of the same competition the previous season. Late on in the discussions Manchester United offered to stage the fatal game at Old Trafford, but the FA turned that down on money grounds as they'd still have had to pay Sheffield Wednesday as well as Utd.even if the game had been switched.

I still find it hard to believe they managed to get the inquests reopened. So today never seemed possible to me.

I attended a seminar given by one of the QC's a couple of weeks ago and shortly afterwards I went back and read the transcript of Duckenfields cross examination this morning - it wasnt pretty.

Its a huge, long overdue, victory.

c99e2f95989e02cc7f62faa2cb846126.jpg

It doesn't matter what they print tomorrow. The damage has been done. Effing scum

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to go back 27 years now & find that guy at my work in Edge Lane who claimed, as if it was fact, that the fans were to blame "it was effectively a riot, if they had just just stood still nothing would have happened" based on his educated perusal of the papers, then looked on in astonishment as I lost it with him.

RB - you know who you are, you ugly beardie twat!

I'm so glad for the families. Can't quite believe we've got to this point.
Exactly that... its been so long coming I hadnt even thought about how I might feel about the verdict. I feel stupid to be so shocked and elated at something that should have been a foregone conclusion. Guess thats the kind of skepticism ingrained by so many years of inaction and swerving by those bastards.

calm down.

I'm calm. You're the one suggesting that I've been "quiet" and perhaps should have a one day ban. It's entirely possible you said that for the usual Edgelord shock value, rather than really mean it, but I genuinely couldn't give a fuck either way.

I'm calm. You're the one suggesting that I've been "quiet" and perhaps should have a one day ban. It's entirely possible you said that for the usual Edgelord shock value, rather than really mean it, but I genuinely couldn't give a fuck either way.

you sound like you give a fuck.

Thank Heaven for the fantastic verdict! And thank every 7 of the jury that was brave enough to vote No! I know it should be, but never take such things for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom