• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How not to 'Tap up' a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbo

Active
From Football365:

'ARRY KEEN ON DROGBA
On that subject, and contiuing Harry Redknapp's admirable theme of not discussing players contracted to other clubs, here's what the Spurs manager had to say about the Chelsea striker on Friday:

"Drogba is a top player, a fantastic player, so, who knows? I couldn't sit here and say we wouldn't be interested," he said.

"Anyone would be interested in having Didier Drogba in their team but we have not made any enquiries."

AND CAHILL TOO
We're not sure, but we think Gary Cahill is a Bolton player. However, he can't be, because Harry Redknapp doesn't talk about players from other teams, and here he is talking about Cahill:

"We were dead keen in the last window but couldn't quite get there," he told the Daily Express.

"But he's out of contract in the summer and I'm sure plenty of people will want him again.

"I think he'll be a great signing for anyone. He's young, a good sort with a good character and that is so important.

"I tell that to the chairman here. You can go out and buy superstar players, but you need the Scott Parkers, the good lads who come in every day and get on with it and want to be here.

"They are worth their weight in gold. It's not all about having players with massive egos - if they want to do it, they want to do it. Gary Cahill is that type of good lad."

Haha. There's the Anelka links and comments too last wk from him. Have to hand it to him though. ::)

You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Arry. Personally I find him intolerable. He's a spiv and as dodgy as they come.

He's rather loathesome when he comes out with comments like these, but you can't deny he's a good manager. He does things simply and that's buy good, established players in all positions and plays to their strengths. No faffing about. I for one hope he's the new England manager. Not because he's a good manager and will get England playing well, but because Spurs will have lost the best manager they've had in (my) living memory.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47771.msg1437510#msg1437510 date=1322945346]
Isn't Spurs the only club he hasn't bankrupted (yet)?
[/quote]

He'd take some doing in achieving that. He identifies good players, his boss signs them. It's their fault if they don't have the accumen and foresight to analyse whether or not they can afford them. At least he can identify a good player for an appropriate price most of the time. Rather than making a hash of spending big money, like we tend to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom