• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How Will You Feel About Kenny....

Status
Not open for further replies.

themn

Very Well-Known
....as our manager, if we lose the derby ?

Let me make my position clear.

If we lose against Everton on Saturday, The 1st of October, 2011, I will still believe in Kenny Dalglish as the manager of Liverpool Football Club.

What say youse ?

I wouldn't lose faith in kenny after anything less than two seasons, possibly more. His past record & love the club buys him at least that.

it would be ridiculous to wana see him gone for losing the derby, its always a tough game and we our squad isnt what it could be right now. having said that i dont think kennys status as a legend should get in the way of the job, we dont wana be stuck with an unsackable manager if he keeps losing us points, i think he'll do very well for us given enough time personally, i mean theyre rebuilding the whole structure of the club, of course it will take time to adapt

I won't feel any differently. I think he's great but he shouldn't be allowed to buy players.

This debate is currently being aired on Talksport.

I'd still have faith in Kenny, but bitterly(no pun intended) disappointed if we lose to Everton tomorrow. Kenny's invested a shedload of £ in the team and as a result expectations rise and Kenny has to cope with that.

Haven't agreed with quite a few of his team selections and tactics this season but overall i'm still confident he's the right man for the job.

As i said in the match thread, we should be looking to wipe the floor with these lot tomorrow. Massive game for us. 3 defeats from 4 and questions would need to be asked.

I'm not so sure we'll win. Whatever the result it shouldn't have any bearing on his managerial position, I'm giving him a year at least.
It doesn't mean that I'm happy with how the money has been spent but everyone especially Kenny deserves a chance.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47050.msg1406916#msg1406916 date=1317401941]
no decision should be based on one match.
[/quote]

10 games it is

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47050.msg1406914#msg1406914 date=1317401539]
I'm not so sure we'll win. Whatever the result it shouldn't have any bearing on his managerial position, I'm giving him a year at least.
It doesn't mean that I'm happy with how the money has been spent but everyone especially Kenny deserves a chance.
[/quote]

Not saying the result should have a bearing on his managerial position, but at the same time, doubts can be raised and questions asked. That's fair.

Same for players, we can judge them every time they play.

KCDNW! 7 games played after tomorrow, and we have been away to Spurs, Arse, Stoke and Everton. Correct me if I an wrong, but we don't normally come from those 4 fixtures with a massive haul. In fact hardly anyone does. We need to show some faith and patience.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47050.msg1406916#msg1406916 date=1317401941]
no decision should be based on one match.
[/quote]

Obviously, but there may be some that will point to the amount we've spent, whereas the Blueshite are poor an' ting and if we lose it'll be the 3rd defeat already.

I'm just wondering who is going to get all wound up abaa it.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47050.msg1406911#msg1406911 date=1317401037]
I won't feel any differently. I think he's great but he shouldn't be allowed to buy players.
[/quote]

Or loan them out

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47050.msg1406934#msg1406934 date=1317404987]
[/quote]

Or loan them out
[/quote]

LOL.

The result against Everton doesn't matter, my (slight) worry regarding Kenny is how we have played and his subs.

Edit: ofcourse the result matters, but it probably wont change my worry.

On Kenny - to me it seems like he's trying to put some value / pride back in the shirt. Whereas most recent managers have had a tendency to rotate and swap routinely he's largely kept his team together even when we were playing in the league cup. It looks like he's not giving out games for the sake of it and trying to make people earn a place.

It may not be working just yet, but if it increases motivation amongst those looking for games it might pan out very well down the road.

What Kenny has done is a near miracle and a few losses won't make him a bad manager. While the derby is all about pride and bragging rights, its still only 3 points.

I want all 3 points. A derby win would be good for morale. Long live King Kenny!

March on REDMEN, march on!

Well, this thread is a call for arms isn't it.

I don't like the purchases this summer, but we still have enough to do what we need to do this year, if we get the most out of the players we have. One game won't have anything to do with that.

Plus we'll win anyway.

[/quote]

Or loan them out
[/quote]

Unless they are bald and belong in the Championship.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=47050.msg1406989#msg1406989 date=1317414610]
[/quote]

Or loan them out
[/quote]

Unless they are bald and belong in the Championship.
[/quote]

Oof !

I dont think the derby in isolation would force anybody to rethink their opinion of Kenny, at least not anybody sensible but if we lose then thats 3 defeats from the first 7 games and thats without playing any of the top 3 teams so it would not bode well for the remainder of the season. Either way I think Kenny will get at least this season, his future may depends on where we finish in relation to 4th place because it is absolutely there for the taking this season and the owners have backed him heavily in the summer. If we finish 4th hes fine, 5th there may be questions asked, anything lower than that and he is probably getting his walking papers.

That said Im expecting a win against Everton, they really are a paper thin side this year

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47050.msg1406919#msg1406919 date=1317402278]
i think we'll win this one.
[/quote]

Is right.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=47050.msg1406958#msg1406958 date=1317410605]
Well, this thread is a call for arms isn't it.

I don't like the purchases this summer, but we still have enough to do what we need to do this year, if we get the most out of the players we have. One game won't have anything to do with that.

Plus we'll win anyway.

[/quote]

Is also right.

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47050.msg1406914#msg1406914 date=1317401539]
[/quote]

Is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom