• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hugo Lloris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor 'ol Pep - cast aside!

He could potentially go to A.Madrid - he's always wanted to because of his father - and they will need a keeper when Courtois (who looks really great sadly) returns to Chelsea. They will also have money burning in their pocket from the sale of Falcao who surely won't be there beyond this season.

Good point.

I would feel kind of sorry to see Pepe go, but I think we can all agree he needs a new challenge. I am sure he is trying his best, but the body and the performances don't lie.

For ter Stegen, the big question is his willingness to leave Gladbach in the middle of the season. I am sure he feels some loyalty for the team that gave him the chance at the top level and wants to repay them with a good full season. Of course they also don't want to sell their star player in the middle of the season. Fans will be angry (and in Germany, fans matter). It would be much more realistic to sign an agreement now to sign him in the summer, like Dortmund did with Reus.

Maybe Reina can do an Alonso and have a great last season for us. That would be good for everybody.

I just can't believe a keeper as good as Reina has declined so much he's washed up at such a relatively young age. He ought to have years left in him at the top. Mike Kelly didn't do him any good at all and some bad habits crept into his game once that buffoon arrived, and the weirdly grinning Achterberg doesn't seem to have done much better. With a better coach and a new determination to regain his old form I'd like to think we'd see a big improvement.

Remember how we always used to moan at all the keepers Rafa bought?

If we sold Reina for ~£20m and got Ter Stegen in for <£14m, I wouldn't be too sad.

I dont think we'd get that for Reina either. However I also don't anyone would have to pay that much for ter-stegen either. He's young and german, not british. Ozil, Khedira and Marin moved from Germany for very reasonable prices and their all internationals in one way or another. Ter-stegens only breaking through now.

I just can't believe a keeper as good as Reina has declined so much he's washed up at such a relatively young age. He ought to have years left in him at the top. Mike Kelly didn't do him any good at all and some bad habits crept into his game once that buffoon arrived, and the weirdly grinning Achterberg doesn't seem to have done much better. With a better coach and a new determination to regain his old form I'd like to think we'd see a big improvement.

We are the masters of appointing utterly shit goalkeeping coaches. Really winds me up.

If we sell Reina we'll end up paying something like half his wages for the next four years.

If only somebody had the foresight to see these problems coming ....

You seem to be missing the bit in the middle where a player is really good, relatively young and someone you desperately want to keep hold of.

You seem to be missing the bit in the middle where a player is really good, relatively young and someone you desperately want to keep hold of.

No, I recognised we were probably close to the end of that middle bit when his last contract was being negotiated - and that we might be better served by selling.

But you have to keep your best players no matter what apparently

If we sell Reina we'll end up paying something like half his wages for the next four years.

If only somebody had the foresight to see these problems coming ....

That same "foresight" would have sold the "not clinical" Luis Suarez 6 months ago for half what he's probably currently worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom