• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If we win tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woland

6CM Addict
We still all die in the end. It doesn't really matter.

RcwNn.jpg

but we will be four points off fourth, which considering everything - top teams in first few games, new style and formation, and everyone against us is not a bad position.
Spurs and Arse are struggling, with a couple of decent strikers come Jan, and Suarez staying fit and or on the pitch, we might yet have a better season than was required.

fuck it while were on the matter....

IF we win tomorrow the loads of Geordies get 4 hours travelling home to go to bed for a wank.... fuck em....
IF we win tomorrow my week off is crowned rather nicely before i head back to work 5 hours laters...
IF we win tomorrow i get a good gloat in the face of 2 pals here in Laos.... and i'm an absolutely intolerable gloaty cunt...jejeje
IF we win tomorrow i'm gonna spend at least an hour reading newspapers and studying the league table and upcomng fixtures with a sneaky grin
IF we win tomorrow i will spend ten minutes admiring the fucking annoying and ridiculous tache theyve got me growing for movember

but we will be four points off fourth, which considering everything - top teams in first few games, new style and formation, and everyone against us is not a bad position.
Spurs and Arse are struggling, with a couple of decent strikers come Jan, and Suarez staying fit and or on the pitch, we might yet have a better season than was required.

Required or expected ? :)

oh and lose and we're a point off 17th ! Ohhhhh......the fine line of mid-table life !

Woah - if that's right Vlad, 4 points off IF we win then that's not bad at all.

It just shows once again how tight and relatively poor the league is these days. All the tops sides have got some great players, but none of them can defend for toffee. Us included.

We need to win first though. That hasnt been easy and Newcastle are a good team.

If we win, it shows how tight and poor the league is behind the 3 top teams.

Should be noted that there is a huge difference in being 5th and 4 points off 4th, and 10th and 4 points off 4th.

Should be noted that there is a huge difference in being 5th and 4 points off 4th, and 10th and 4 points off 4th.
.....fundamentally the same position at this stage though. League positions mean little until we get to the business end. Its important to keep pace at this stage now

I wouldn't say it is fundamentally the same, but yeah, early days.
Edit: Look at the top 6. They will swap places amongst themselves, but in all likelihood those are the teams that will be in the top 6 come the end of the season. So already you can see that league position is meaningful. I would be very surprised if we finished outside 7-15.

Every game cements your position a little bit more. So being 10th after 10 games is not good if you have aspirations of finishing top 4. In fact I doubt you could find many (any?) examples of a team finishing 4th or higher from a position of 10th or lower after 10 games. It is not impossible of course, just very unlikely.

Every game cements your position a little bit more. So being 10th after 10 games is not good if you have aspirations of finishing top 4. In fact I doubt you could find many (any?) examples of a team finishing 4th or higher from a position of 10th or lower after 10 games. It is not impossible of course, just very unlikely.
We may be 10th, but we're not miles off.

If we're 10th on jan, then we're fucked

Newcastle haven't won at Anfield in years, In fact Redeem Sterling wasn't even born the last time they won.

With that in mind.. Newcastle are nailed on to win..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom