• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

'Improve the group'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mors

Well-Known
Brendan has just said about 3 times in his post match interview that WHEN we improve the group, he thinks this draws will be wins.
I hope his faith isn't misplaced. We don't need a couple of yesil's in January, we need a couple of bloody pele's to turn this team round.
He seems convinced.
Also, there's a lot of games between now and January, who's going to want to come to us on the back of another 10 results like today :s

I don't think Pele would do the job in today's game - he's a wee bit old too (probably older than Carra!).

I think if we sign two good to very good strikers, we could cause a lot of noise (but fizzle out as we did in Kenny's first 6 months).

One thing that is really playing in our favor currently? Bar the top 3 teams (i think Froggie or Buddha mentioned this) - it's a very poor league. 4th place is not out of the question, though if we kept this squad the whole season, we have 0% chance. 2-3 smart purchases, and we can still dream.

To turn it round we really could do with BOTH forwards we've been linked with. But that's gonna be a lot of dollar on transfers and wages.

To turn it round we really could do with BOTH forwards we've been linked with. But that's gonna be a lot of dollar on transfers and wages.

If we're within 6 points of 4th come Jan, I can't see the owners not spending the money. They're not idiots, they know what the CL means ... Smart risks need to be taken.

If we're within 6 points of 4th come Jan, I can't see the owners not spending the money. They're not idiots, they know what the CL means ... Smart risks need to be taken.

Everything they have done has been fucked in some kind of way, from giving the previous regime shit loads of cash to spend on a pile of bollocks to not investing in our paper thin squad having sold a ton of players to hiring Cheng the mentalist.

I seriously have no confidence in their ability to run a football club.

LTW, please! Please stop giving yourself hope. We won't be in the race for 4th at all. And if we are within however many points of 4th come whenever, it will be irrelevant because we're always going to be playing catch up. I suggest people stop hoping for 4th, and set sights lower. I'll be happy with anything above 8th this season.

Everything they have done has been fucked in some kind of way, from giving the previous regime shit loads of cash to spend on a pile of bollocks to not investing in our paper thin squad having sold a ton of players to hiring Cheng the mentalist.

I seriously have no confidence in their ability to run a football club.

Exactly.

Add to that still no ground, new or expanded.
Hiring Comolli then sacking him just as quick.
Having a grand master plan then binning it when Rodgers told them to shove it.

Clueless.

LTW, please! Please stop giving yourself hope. We won't be in the race for 4th at all.

Fuck that mate, I can't help it. The sports gods hate me right now - and I've raising a middle finger to them. I will continue to dream, just as my main man MLK said, "I have a dream." Fuck that, let's have fourth, and fucking start the rafarodgerlution!

Fuck that mate, I can't help it. The sports gods hate me right now - and I've raising a middle finger to them. I will continue to dream, just as my main man MLK said, "I have a dream." Fuck that, let's have fourth, and fucking start the rafarodgerlution!

Fair enough. I just don't want to be there when the smiling stops!

Exactly.

Add to that still no ground, new or expanded.
Hiring Comolli then sacking him just as quick.
Having a grand master plan then binning it when Rodgers told them to shove it.

Clueless.
And who do think would be good owners?

Today we didn't lack a striker.

We will of course as soon as Suarez gets injured or hits a baren spell obviously, or just when we wants to turn a deadlocked game around - but imo today what we missed where goal-scoring midfielders, set-piece takers and Glen Johnson.

Shelvey, Raheem and Suso are all great prospects and especially young Sterling looks a monster in terms of talent - extremely pleased with this young fella. Problem is they don't score goals at this stage and we can't rely on them to be match winners and when Gerrard isn't either and with Şahin still finding the melody and Allen looking scared to cross the halfway line we are relying on Suarez and set pieces.

Which leads me to the second point. What the FUCK is going on with our set pieces. Been banging this drum for years now so has a lot of you guys, but why can't our manager/staff/player see this? 20+ times we witnessed corners and freekicks being cleared by their first line of defense. Gerrard's a major culprit in this concern, how he can't get the ball past the first defender is atrocious.

Third, Magic, because despite of Wisdoms good efforts out of position and against Everton out of depths we are getting to easy to close down with only Enrique banging down their right. We need the attacking balance to create a bit more from different sets of play and Magic will give us that back. If not him Kelly. Wisdom is not a good option.

For what it's worth Enrique was frustrating at times today but you can't neglect his energy and amount of daunting runs - makes space an unsettles the opponent. Great pass for the magnificent goal, one of the best you'll see all year - everywhere.

Enrique's daunting runs? The only thing daunted was his brain cell working overtime deciding what to do with the ball when trapped in a corner. He was rubbish.

Enrique's daunting runs? The only thing daunted was his brain cell working overtime deciding what to do with the ball when trapped in a corner. He was rubbish.
He was rubbish with his delivery - mostly - but the fact he made those runs tirelessly for the entire match created space, openings and unsettled their defensive line. And as such he had some positive impact on the game, apart from his assist.

All I am saying is that if we had got Magic on the other side Enrique would've gotten a few more breathers and perhaps kept a better pass-to-team-mate rate as all of our width then wouldn't have had to come from his side.

Should put Usain Bolt at left back then.

Ah, thought we were going to have a discussion about what our team lack.

If you believe it's people who aren't even footballers I think I'll leave you to it. Cheers.

LTW, please! Please stop giving yourself hope. We won't be in the race for 4th at all. And if we are within however many points of 4th come whenever, it will be irrelevant because we're always going to be playing catch up. I suggest people stop hoping for 4th, and set sights lower. I'll be happy with anything above 8th this season.
I'm hoping for something like this from the next 28 games:

14 wins, 9 draws, 5 defeats.

That'll see us with 62 points come the end of the season, and probably in 6th or 7th place. Realistic?

That'll see us with 62 points come the end of the season, and probably in 6th or 7th place. Realistic?

I am going to hope for 18 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats

If managers were half as talented as they think they are they wouldn't moan about new signings all the time.

Rodgers is taking the piss with his delusional excuses. The majority of teams we play against have far more problems than we do, whilst they also can only dream of having players like Suarez. So how is it that our woe is me problems ought to prevent us from winning games but not them? We can't win because we don't have a back up for Suarez? Well, the first fucking question that should raise is how the fuck are West Brom winning games then, when they have Peter fucking Odemwingie up front?

Optimistic, but not impossible. However, highly unlikely. We won't win 50% of our games. Maybe 30-40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom