• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In-house friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Liverpool played a friendly game between themselves in Kirkby as Ben Woodburn, Kaide Gordon and Mateusz Musialowski impressed the onlooking Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool organised a friendly between themselves this weekend, with new signings Ben Davies and Kaide Gordon among those to take part.
The match was not broadcast other than the goals but we have rounded up everything we know from the game ahead of some of the Reds players jetting off for international duty.

The 'home' team ran out 5-1 winners with Ben Woodburn scoring three, Gordon netting one and assisting two, and Rhys Williams heading home a Trent Alexander-Arnold cross from the right.
The 'away' team's goal was scored by Billy Koumetio, who headed home a Jake Cain corner when his side were already trailing 3-0 at the AXA Training Centre.

Home XI: Ojrzynski; Alexander-Arnold, R. Williams, Quansah, Beck; Fabinho, Keita, Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gordon, Woodburn
Subs: Harvey Davies, Frauendorf

Away XI: Adrian; N. Williams, Phillips, Ben Davies, Norris; Clarkson, Morton, Balagizi; Cain, Longstaff, Musialowski
Subs: Koumetio, Bradley

Sauce:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-friendly-ben-davies-struggles-20224834

Liverpool played a friendly game between themselves in Kirkby as Ben Woodburn, Kaide Gordon and Mateusz Musialowski impressed the onlooking Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool organised a friendly between themselves this weekend, with new signings Ben Davies and Kaide Gordon among those to take part.
The match was not broadcast other than the goals but we have rounded up everything we know from the game ahead of some of the Reds players jetting off for international duty.

The 'home' team ran out 5-1 winners with Ben Woodburn scoring three, Gordon netting one and assisting two, and Rhys Williams heading home a Trent Alexander-Arnold cross from the right.
The 'away' team's goal was scored by Billy Koumetio, who headed home a Jake Cain corner when his side were already trailing 3-0 at the AXA Training Centre.

Home XI: Ojrzynski; Alexander-Arnold, R. Williams, Quansah, Beck; Fabinho, Keita, Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gordon, Woodburn
Subs: Harvey Davies, Frauendorf

Away XI: Adrian; N. Williams, Phillips, Ben Davies, Norris; Clarkson, Morton, Balagizi; Cain, Longstaff, Musialowski
Subs: Koumetio, Bradley

Sauce:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erpool-friendly-ben-davies-struggles-20224834

Kaide Gordon looked good in that - the number 9 in red. Wonder what our plans are for him, loan next year or will we use him on the bench?

Idle thought, but I wonder if Klopp is having a serious look at Chamberlain as a false nine, or it's just a case of him plugging a gap

Idle thought, but I wonder if Klopp is having a serious look at Chamberlain as a false nine, or it's just a case of him plugging a gap
I don't think so, he lacks the strikers instinct and controll to play upfront.
Chambo wants to be an attacking midfielder and from what I've seen, he's just not that good at it.

Last edited:
I don't think so, he lacks the strikers instinct and controll to play upfront.
Chambo wants to be an attacking midfielder and from what I've seen, he's just not that good at it.

He was good enough at it when he was fit and he got a run, he's just unfortunately injury prone. Between him and Bobby they made up for the loss of Coutinho. He's had his career disrupted, but let's not rewrite history eh, when he played there a couple of seasons back he was more than "not that good at it".

Last edited:
He was good enough at it when he was fit and he got a run, he's just unfortunately injury prone. The season we won the CL, between him and Bobby they made up for the loss of Coutinho. He's had his career disrupted, but let's not rewrite history eh, when he played there a couple of seasons back he was more than "not that good at it".

Agreed - and the season we lost the final he was hugely important to our team and I still maintain that if he was part of that XI we would have won the final. It was a gap that Milner, Lallana and Can couldn't fill between them.

He was good enough at it when he was fit and he got a run, he's just unfortunately injury prone. The season we won the CL, between him and Bobby they made up for the loss of Coutinho. He's had his career disrupted, but let's not rewrite history eh, when he played there a couple of seasons back he was more than "not that good at it".
Ally Ox never played the season we won the CL

It was a very short period of time. Also, I don't see him getting into the line up ahead anyone else in midfield. Yeah, he's been unlucky with injuries but does that mean that we're going to stick to "hoping" he get's back to that level he was 2 years ago?
Also, it was in the season we lost in the CL final.

Yeah, my memory is shit, the season before.

He looked really good around the time we played that trilogy of games against City - pacy, dribbled, drove forward, powerful shots. Never hit those heights for a many reasons - the main one being injuries.

Adrian was shit, even in a training match.

I thought Trent was amongst the few who were given a week off?

Agreed - and the season we lost the final he was hugely important to our team and I still maintain that if he was part of that XI we would have won the final. It was a gap that Milner, Lallana and Can couldn't fill between them.
I know, we were a completely fucked battleship by the time we got to the final. That 11 that played were it essentially and when we lost Salah we were finished. If we had Ox at least we could of played him on the left and Mane on the right. He was on fire for us and I remember Pep G. made a statement about being worried by him more than anyone else. I think Klopp loves the guy and wants him to succeed and get back to that form. Hopefully he will in the coming weeks.

He was good enough at it when he was fit and he got a run, he's just unfortunately injury prone. Between him and Bobby they made up for the loss of Coutinho. He's had his career disrupted, but let's not rewrite history eh, when he played there a couple of seasons back he was more than "not that good at it".
More importantly, why hasn’t he been tried out at RB more? We’re desperate for cover, Williams needs to go out on loan, and surely Ox being able to fill in at RB (and therefore LB in due course) means he becomes our new Milner “7 positions in 1” option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom