• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

In other news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ... I don't have it in for you, it's just you like to tip toe around a very sensitive issue and you happily throw out terms that insinuate things, whether you mean to or not. If poster A says xenophobic shit, what is he in your eyes?

[quote author=robinhood link=topic=47264.msg1415791#msg1415791 date=1319380147]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47264.msg1415781#msg1415781 date=1319379915]However, to wrap it up - it's only racist to call Muslims (or Arabs) terrorists.[/quote]

I didn't say that. What is going on with you?

I have to conclude either one of two things, bud:

1) You're not very bright
or
2) You're trying to make it look like I am kind of evil or something
[/quote]

Probably 1 ... I highly doubt you have an evil bone in your body! :) I'm just trying to understand your logic with regards to how you define 'racism' or 'xenophobic' shit. But yah, let's move on. Who cares. I'll take 1, final answer.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47264.msg1415793#msg1415793 date=1319380217]
Yes ... I don't have it in for you, it's just you like to tip toe around a very sensitive issue and you happily throw out terms that insinuate things, whether you mean to or not. If poster A says xenophobic shit, what is he in your eyes?
[/quote]

What do you mean "tip toe around a very sensitive issue"?

If a poster unwittingly says something xenophobic, it's almost certainly because of human fallibility and an error of judgement. Prejudice is something we are all capable of stumbling into on occasion, but it probably isn't the same thing as racial hatred.

I dunno ... If someone throws out 'this poster is saying xenophobic shit,' to me it essentially says he's xenophobic ... We're, bar me (I did pick 1, so I'll stick with it), are smart enough not to slip up as badly as it seems you've implied ... I look at it differently I guess - different worlds and what not.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47264.msg1415809#msg1415809 date=1319380657]
I dunno ... If someone throws out 'this poster is saying xenophobic shit,' to me it essentially says he's xenophobic ... We're, bar me (I did pick 1, so I'll stick with it), are smart enough not to slip up as badly as it seems you've implied ... I look at it differently I guess - different worlds and what not.
[/quote]

Interesting observation.

I would definitely not say "this post is xenophobic" if I meant "you are fundamentally xenophobic". I just meant that the post was xenophobic, and the backdrop to that is that, as I said, we're all capable of errors of judgement and falling foul of prejudice if we are momentarily careless in our thinking.

When I said "prejudice" I don't only mean on the subject of race, or gender or something like that. It applies to everything.

Understood. I just take the 'subject' very seriously as it's something that is thrown around carelessly against many people, on both sides, of the world I live in.

That doesn't change that IF Cesc said what he said, he's a thick cunt*. As is Suarez if he said what Evra accused him of. I will give 'em the benefit of the doubt though.

* I don't believe they're racist however - A lot of stupid shit happens on a footy pitch, and many of us have heard it.

I agree with all of that. It's kind of inexplicable how it happens, but I think most people accept that if somebody says something like that and were able to say "I'm sorry, I actually don't feel that way" then we would accept that they are probably telling the truth and some weird shit came out in the heat of the moment.

What about elsewhere ltw? Somobe says big nose tight Jew then he is stupid or an anti Semite?

I don't think they're anti-semites ... I've heard pretty nasty stuff to me, be on the footy pitch or other venues. I don't think those people are anti-semites ... It's like when people, and well educated people, say "Jews control the economy." People say weird shit, be it out of anger/ignorance/fear whatever. Unless they are anti-semites (or in the case of Cesc, an islamophobe, or in the case of Luis, a racist), then I just think it's stupid, inappropriate, hurtful comments made for the reasons I mentioned above.

(btw, I was going to say hooked nose misers! we think alike! :p)

[quote author=themn link=topic=47264.msg1415856#msg1415856 date=1319382691]
Cesc doubled-up on his bigotry.
[/quote]

What was his first one?

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47264.msg1415862#msg1415862 date=1319382793]
[/quote]

What was his first one?
[/quote]

1) "Terrorist"- Religion.

2) "Black piece of shit"- Race.

[quote author=themn link=topic=47264.msg1415935#msg1415935 date=1319385881]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47264.msg1415862#msg1415862 date=1319382793]
[/quote]

What was his first one?
[/quote]

1) "Terrorist"- Religion.

2) "Black piece of shit"- Race.
[/quote]

Ah, the double R-R. Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back