• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Irish footballer in nightclub attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
An Irish footballer is being investigated over an alleged assault at a popular nightclub in Dublin.

The injured man was taken to hospital in the early hours of Saturday morning with a broken nose and teeth.

The footballer plays with a club in the UK and has also played at international level for the Republic of Ireland.

Gardaí said the attack took place at Buck Whaley’s on Leeson Street.

Officers were not called to the scene at the time of the assault and the injured man only reported the incident yesterday afternoon after leaving hospital.

The alleged attack took place inside the nightclub, a Garda spokesman said.

It is understood the alleged attacker was ejected from the club.

Gardaí said the alleged victim walked into Pearse Street Garda station in Dublin city centre yesterday afternoon and made a complaint against the player.

Investigating officers have not yet spoken to the footballer.

“We have taken a comprehensive statement from the victim. It is alleged that it was an unprovoked attack,” a Garda source said.

“We are treating this very seriously. No grass will be allowed to grow under this one.”

It is understood the two men do not know each other.

Gardaí are expected to examine CCTV from the nightclub and take statements from witnesses and staff as part of the investigation.

The clue as to who it is, if it was someone playing in the Premiership they'd have said so.

Knowing a bit about him, the first guess has to be it was Stokes.

That was my first guess before I even read the article. Could be someone else obviously, but my money would be on him.

coincidentally Joey Barton was out in Belfast at the weekend, surprisingly there were no casualties

The biggest shocker is that Buck whaleys is still a destination. Its been going since the 80s!

The clue as to who it is, if it was someone playing in the Premiership they'd have said so.

Knowing a bit about him, the first guess has to be it was Stokes.
It was stokes and the fella he assaulted was an Elvis impersonator

My cousin used to hang around with Stokes and I've spoken to him once or twice. Absolute scumbag from the stories I've heard.

For a second I thought Robbie Keane had finally hunted down Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom