• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Is it just me or should the FA just bin the 20/21 league?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Is it just me or should the FA just bin the 20/21 league?

• WFT? It's footy. Keep it going!

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Maybe - No need for knee jerk because 4 of our players are rone'd up! Let's see how it pans out

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • This is getting silly. Of course bin the fucking league and start fresh in 6 months.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thought did occur to me – at some point the suspended disbelief will just build to the breaking point. I do hope we DON'T get use to this state of affairs and don't accept the sterilized "TV football" as something normal, because it's fucking not.

From a selfish standpoint I hope the season continues, because in spite of the 7:2 drubbing, we still look the best placed team to win it by some margin. I don't want this team and us to be robbed of #20. But a few more players falling ill and we won't have much a choice...

If this topic has been done in a slightly different way - Apologies.

Anyway. I say bin the league. This whole thing is stupid. No fans in the stadium? Fake crowd noise on the TV. Players getting rone'd up daily....This is NOT football. This is a pale imitation that is pandering to corporate masses. Balls to that. I'll just watch tinterklacker clips for the next six months. I'll just avoid the 7-2 smack down handed to us on the weekend. This thread is nothing to do with that.... I swear on Bruce Grobbelaar's gloves..... ;-)
And what do clubs do about the staff they employ and the salaries they play their players? Do you reckon, the clubs will get any TV money if it gets cancelled? Will Nike also deduct this years £30m.
You cancel this season, you can kiss football as a whole goodbye

I've been ruminating on this a little today. I have a couple more points - If you peeps will indulge a fellow red a little. I read a great book a couple of years ago. 'Chasing The Scream' by Johann Hari. It's about the nature of addiction and for want a better soundbite 'The Desire To Desire' - I've been open and honest about my struggles with addiction (alcohol and haribo's) happily all is good and has been for 6-7 years.

Thing is don't you find football is an addiction? LFC is mainlined into my psyche and I wouldn't have any other way. After all it's not destructive... Well maybe sometimes but you get my point ;-) ? Is the love of our beloved reds a want? This watered down version of football I find a little depressing. To me it's drip feeding something ace into something that's been cut with custard powder. I'm not entirely sure that this plastic immitation is a good thing. I'm not sitting here wringing my hands in angst or worry but there is an argument that the footy addiction in us all (or some) cloud the thoughts and leads to weird places... I dunno. Just a thought.

Oh and of course - I have said this before but again - If any of you have any issues or questions regarding addiction (particularly alcohol) and would like to talk I'm always here. Just PM me. Lewy. :)

I do agree that I'm finding football a harder watch if it's not Liverpool. I did watch a bit of Utd vs Spurs, I think that was my first game that I watched besides ours.

I must be odd but I am not noticing a particular drop off in my enjoyment of watching football currently, both Liverpool and other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom