• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

James Milner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Loads of newspaper talk that he has decided to join us on a free. If it happens I think its a great signing.
Versatile, scores goals, works his bollocks off and is a great professional.
Brings a bit of experience and winning mentality.

He'll improve our first team which is what we need this summer.

Would be an excellent signing, we really need 2-3 players of his calibre and with his level of experience. Supposedly he prefers us over Arsenal because a) he won't have to uproot his young family and b) he will get to play his favoured CM far more often than at City or Arsenal.

New no. 7?

CD11ZLfUIAEdg5U.jpg

CD11ZLhUMAAQO0t.jpg

CD11ZMDVEAALPqp.jpg

Good player, would fit perfectly into the system. Pity he's near the end of his career now.

Would be a great signing, I think the only people who have a problem with this are the ones who worry this will be the extent of our ambition.

People that have a problem with this cant see his quality.
He's been an integral part of that City team.

10 mill fee and 50k wages would be considered a steal, so 100k wages and on a free is an excellent signing.

He is indeed versatile, but he's moving here precisely because Rodgers has promised not to make so much use of it and instead leave him in a regular central position. I've not actually seen much of him playing there, but he's a very good player and it makes sense to get him.

He's been an integral part of that City team.

No, he hasn't. He's gotten a good number of games but integral... no.

If we're not paying astronomical sign on fees and wages, it probably makes sense. I like Milner, he's a good player.

I'd be interested to see whether we'd be able to strike a good balance in midfield though. Milner and Henderson are quite similar in a lot ways and Can likes to roam. Will we be missing someone that can "put his foot on the ball" and dictate the pace of the game? We are missing that now - we are terrible naive at times.

No such thing as a free signing.

I guess he might prove to be useful over the course of the season, but not exactly the type of player that will cure the issues we've seen this campaign

the wages we are saving on stevie g, glen jo, and other big earners who have gone should be spent on attracting players who have the profile of 22-24 and on the cusp of stardom rather than industrious workmen looking for one last pay-day.

p.s Milner makes great players look better, but when surrounded by mediocrity, he will be mediocre too. we don't need him. we need great or nearly-great.

Not quite sure where he fits in as a first teamer.

There's Henderson and Coutinho to fit in, and we need a new holding player. Then there's Can.

I like him, but I'm not sure if it's as much of a no-brainer as people are saying.

Unless of course we sell Henderson to City.... that I could get behind.

If we're not paying astronomical sign on fees and wages, it probably makes sense. I like Milner, he's a good player.

I'd be interested to see whether we'd be able to strike a good balance in midfield though. Milner and Henderson are quite similar in a lot ways and Can likes to roam. Will we be missing someone that can "put his foot on the ball" and dictate the pace of the game? We are missing that now - we are terrible naive at times.
If we really are interested in Pirlo, two of Milner/Henderson/Can can run their bollocks off while he dictates the play.

Well, he's a key player according to Pellegrini. And he plays in nearly every big game and averages about 40 matches pr season for City.
I'd say he's a very important part of that City team complementing Silva et al.
But, thats beside the point.

He's an excellent signing. Will improve us and I hope it gets done.

English, free, works like Dirk Kuyt and he's a lot better than people, including me have given him credit for in the past

the wages we are saving on stevie g, glen jo, and other big earners who have gone should be spent on attracting players who have the profile of 22-24 and on the cusp of stardom rather than industrious workmen looking for one last pay-day.

If he was just looking for one last pay-day, he'd have signed a new deal at City.

His work rate and tenacity will be great. Glad to finally sign him years after his Newcastle move. And if we are to play him at CM, even better. It's where he does his best work and chips in with goals.

A on the cusp of worldy striker, Ings, Milner and a FB who can play LB and RB would make a respectable summer.

Promoting Rossiter, Branagan, Randall and selling all the "also rans" to complete it. Sinclair looks like he is just a bit too small/slow to make it.

He's much better than that and has been woefully misused by City. It also frees up more cash for a desperately needed decent striker

Average Joe. Will never set the world on fire. Decent player but too old. Agree that he can be a great supplement to a great team but will bring much less to a mediocre team which we are these days.

If he is coming here because we promise to play him at center it's a problem. If he is indeed ready to be a utility player it's a great signing on a free.

We need to cover a lot if ground this window so overall a free Milner makes perfect sense.

Potentially our new Gary Mac, plus he's got a few years left before he even reaches Sir Gary's age when we signed him. Not the complete answer of course (who would be?) but could well be an important piece of the new jigsaw. Sign sign sign.

In all likelihood he'll get a whopping signing on fee and an increased wage due to coming on a 'free'.

I guess the question is does he improve us?

Squad: yes

First team: not really

I don't think we should be giving a 29 year old of milners ability a huge wage on a long contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom