• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

James Milner

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of a story Franck Leboeuf once told about a section of the home fans at Stamford Bridge who used to sing " He's 'ere, he's there, he's every ******* where, Franck Leboeuf, Franck Leboeuf" when he ran out to play. One day he put a note in the match programme saying thanks for the support but, now that he was bringing his kids to games, could they tone the language down. The next home game after that, as he ran out the same fans sang: "He's 'ere, he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Franck Leboeuf, Franck Leboeuf".

That reminds me of a story Franck Leboeuf once told about a section of the home fans at Stamford Bridge who used to sing " He's 'ere, he's there, he's every ******* where, Franck Leboeuf, Franck Leboeuf" when he ran out to play. One day he put a note in the match programme saying thanks for the support but, now that he was bringing his kids to games, could they tone the language down. The next home game after that, as he ran out the same fans sang: "He's 'ere, he's there, we're not allowed to swear, Franck Leboeuf, Franck Leboeuf".
That was straight from a boring James Milner catalogue

I was happy we signed Milner, but I'm considerably more happy having seen what he brings to the team week after week. He has been excellent.

That took me back to a time when I didn't hate Chelsea. Please don't do that again, I feel dirty.

No luck with the distance covered figures, but heat maps from the match are available here.

@King Binny do you have the distance covered stats from last night? Seemed like Milner was everywhere.

2BF0BAF300000578-0-image-a-119_1441289791207.jpg

The 20 players who have covered more distance than anyone else so far in the Premier League

[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3221166/James-Milner-Liverpool-highest-average-work-rate-far-Premier-League-Wayne-Rooney-running-Manchester-United-season.html#ixzz3kgogfIoD ]The statistics provided by the EA Player Performance Index, on behalf of forCrohn’s, show the average distance covered by Premier League players during the 2015/16 season to date, with many exceeding 10k every 90 minutes.[/article]

Distance covered stats are about as useful as pass completion stats. On their own their pretty useless, it really depends on what you do with all that running or passing.

I always used to love the fact that despite the fact that Charlie Adam got such stick for being slightly larger than your average midfielder he consistently topped the stats for furthest distance covered in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom