• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realise Kudus was this good.

Some of the highlights of his dribbles (in such a short space of time playing for West Ham) are sensational:

If we get 150m for Salah, half of it should go to signing him.

Some of the highlights of his dribbles (in such a short space of time playing for West Ham) are sensational:

Don't let Tomas see this, he'll throw a hissy fit!

I highlighted Kudus 2 seasons back when we needed attacking talent, right now the pressing issue is defence. We have Konate, just a tall French version of Naby. We have Matip who is close to drawing his pension. Gomez isn't wolverine, and is prone to the odd brain fart but has improved. Robbo's form has dropped. Then we have the 6 issue, Wataru isn't good enough it seems, might change, but do we want take that gamble? Spanish Steve is changing his name to Spanish Naby by deed poll in remembrance of the real Naby who ended up at a Glue Factory in Germany. Then you have Scottish Naby, the supposed heir to Trent but is doing a fine impression of his idol Naby Kieta.

I highlighted Kudus 2 seasons back when we needed attacking talent, right now the pressing issue is defence. We have Konate, just a tall French version of Naby. We have Matip who is close to drawing his pension. Gomez isn't wolverine, and is prone to the odd brain fart but has improved. Robbo's form has dropped. Then we have the 6 issue, Wataru isn't good enough it seems, might change, but do we want take that gamble? Spanish Steve is changing his name to Spanish Naby by deed poll in remembrance of the real Naby who ended up at a Glue Factory in Germany. Then you have Scottish Naby, the supposed heir to Trent but is doing a fine impression of his idol Naby Kieta.

So… all we need is Ghanaian Messi and we’re fine.

newFile-1.jpg

@NizaarKinsella
: Liverpool are out of the race for Fluminense's Andre and are currently focusing on defensive targets Fulham's transfer team flew to Brazil for face-to-face talks with Andre's team last week.

@NizaarKinsella
: Liverpool are out of the race for Fluminense's Andre and are currently focusing on defensive targets Fulham's transfer team flew to Brazil for face-to-face talks with Andre's team last week.
Its one minute ON and the next OFF, I've given up. That's the same with Thuram. If they get a young strong CDM, brilliant. If they get an experienced CDM who is cheap like Soucek just as good.

Looks good, but to be fair I didn’t see anything on that video that Gakpo and Gravvy don’t do on a regular basis. And our lads are bigger and taller than Kudus.

Seems like Thuram is playing a more defensive role this season; no goals or assists so far, but Nice only conceded 4 goals in the league all season. Might end up in United alongside Todibo now that their owner bought a partial stake there.

Come Jan, there isn't going to be a #6 coming in. if Salah doesn't leave, we might get a LCB but that would be it. I have resigned myself to such

I highlighted Kudus 2 seasons back when we needed attacking talent, right now the pressing issue is defence. /QUOTE]

are there any players in the top leagues left that you have not recommended?

when salah leaves, he needs replacing, as well as a defense upgrade

Last edited:
Let's take a punt on Oscar Zambrano, said to be the new Caicedo.

Apparently available for £5.5m, Luton and Ajax in for him.

I didn't recommend Whatever Endo. I just hope sense kicks in - get rid of Thiago. Loan out Spanish Naby. Then get a CDM and LCB

Lloyd Kelly someone I mentioned in the summer is being continually linked
[article]
Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Lloyd Kelly in the January window after it emerged that Bournemouth would be unable to resist a lowly offer for the defender, who also figures highly on Tottenham and Newcastle United’s wish lists.

[/article]

His injury record doesn't look promising...

Untitled.jpg

Yeah - I’d say Lloyd Kelly wouldn’t be worth signing.

[article]
Liverpool transfer news as $33m 'talks' set to open and Khéphren Thuram 'decision' made
Liverpool transfer news: The Reds are reportedly set to enter talks over a new midfielder, while Khéphren Thuram is back in the headlines ahead of January.
LIVERPOOL FC NEWS
By
James FindlaterContent Editor
  • 21:00, 3 DEC 2023
0_GettyImages-1817400834.jpg

Khéphren Thuram has been linked with a move to Liverpool again ahead of January (Image: Getty Images)
More Newsletters
Subscribe
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. More info

Liverpool is now Arsenal’s nearest challenger in the Premier League title race after another dramatic weekend. The Reds made hard work of Fulham but eventually managed to secure the three points at Anfield thanks to more late heroics from Trent Alexander-Arnold.
With Manchester City dropping points amid yet more controversy involving Tottenham, Jürgen Klopp’s side now finds itself up to second in the table, two points behind the Gunners. Pep Guardiola's side is a point behind in third.
The Liverpool boss will know his side has a lot of work to do if it is to be a genuine contender for this season’s title, and not just because we’re only 14 games into the campaign. While the Reds have clearly improved on last season, there are signs that they are far from the finished article yet.

Piotr Zieliński (Napoli)

Liverpool is set to open talks with Napoli midfielder Piotr Zieliński, according to Italian publication Calciomercato. The Reds have been previously linked with the Polish international, with Jürgen Klopp said to have targeted him during his first summer in charge at Anfield.
The latest report suggests they could be back on the trail, with Liverpool ready to make contact with Napoli to discuss a potential fee. West Ham is also said to be vying for Zieliński’s services, with the Hammers thought to have had an offer of around $33m (£25m/€30m) rejected during the summer.

Liverpool.com says: Klopp is said to be a big admirer of Zieliński, and the German is generally a good judge of players. At 29 though, is the Pole the right sort of player for the Reds to be going for?
They’re having a lot of success following the summer rebuild, with a set of new and young midfielders leading the way. Bringing in another player who will hit 30 soon goes against the grain, and defense surely has to be the priority now.

Khéphren Thuram (Nice)

Liverpool is still pursuing Khéphren Thuram despite not following up on links with the Nice midfielder in the summer, according to Spanish publication Fichajes. The report suggests that the Reds still want to strengthen their engine room, with Thuram still seen as a prime target.
If Liverpool do decide to go after the 22-year-old, he could set the club back as much as $65m (£50m/€58m). Juventus and Real Madrid are also said to be in the running.

[/article]

Say what now? Sounds like a real "must-buy" - they can't refuse a shite offer :) :)

Article:
Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Lloyd Kelly in the January window after it emerged that Bournemouth would be unable to resist a lowly offer for the defender, who also figures highly on Tottenham and Newcastle United’s wish lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom