• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely need a CB now Matip has gone, that's just essential. I know we have Nat back, but Klopp clearly doesn't fancy him, and Konate is someone who regularly collects niggles. We're in such a great position for the league title now, we really should learn from the past, when we ended up with Fabs and even Hendo needing to drop into CB. If we fancy Inacio lets not wait until the summer. Bring him in now.

The Inacio one

Yeah - someone’s definitely looking for a big fat signing on fee.

The fact we’ve been linked for ages almost suggests we’re not interested - but with us we just seem to get it done quickly and quietly if we’re actually interested.

It seems unlikely that we're gonna bring 3-4 youth prospects into the team at once... I'd love for it to happen because always nice seeing the kids make it into the team... but I love winning more. If we can give ourselves a real shot of winning shit next season by buying in better, we should do it.

I thought the rumours of the Japanese CB, Itakura, for around 10-15m seems more plausible. It certainly makes more sense than Inacio, who will cost us a fortune.

We already have Q as our 3rd CB and will takeover VVD in due course. Bringing in an expensive CB will stunt his growth.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see Robbo when he returns. He has needed a rest for 2 years now, and it is great that his injury was his shoulder and not anything that will affect his game. He could come back completely revitalised and ready to operate at top level for another 2 seasons. Before the injury though he looked dead on his feet, and he was also struggling a bit with the extra onus on him with Trent's drifting role.
Won't have to wait too long to find out, he's back for tomorrow baaabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Genuinely confused why people seem eager to sell tsimi? He was great before the injury, and usually is very good for us? His bad games tend to when he's dropped in for one of performances....which is more than fair?

Plus, everyone seems to like him in the dressing room. That kind of camaraderie shouldn't be thrown out for the lols

Beck will get games I'm sure. The timetable for recovery was always known, and yet klopp kept him.

We probably won't rush back Robbo or tsimi

They already signed a left back replacement
To play as beck up to Beck when he rejoins ;)

Doesn't make too much sense to keep him around after Norwich with Robbo back and Kostas due back the following week.

I know Gomez is doing great as a FB, but we have Robbo & Greek Scouser at LB, with Trent and Bradley at RB - I also think Badger’s way into the team is at RB.

We know Trent and Virgil will generally start if fit, Konate is probably the first choice CB and up until this season Robbo would be locked in at LB.

It’s not certain he’ll get another opportunity at FB - you’d have to think Gomez will revert to primarily being a CB at some point.

No longer, based on this season's performances there is no way Robbo (or Tsimi) should dislodge Gomez at LB. He's been excellent there and it's just great having confidence in our LB as a defender as well as a key connector to all of our LH side.

It seems unlikely that we're gonna bring 3-4 youth prospects into the team at once... I'd love for it to happen because always nice seeing the kids make it into the team... but I love winning more. If we can give ourselves a real shot of winning shit next season by buying in better, we should do it.

I’m not sure I follow Keni - the youths are backup - I’m not sure who we could sign that would improve the team and be happy with League Cup, CL Dead Rubbers and a handful of appearances in the league when the 2 or 3 players we already have ahead of them are injured.

We’ve got a pile of players either about to go in to their last year as an U21 or first year as a senior player - and they’re good - we’re talking Gravy, Harvey, Quansah, Bradley, Morton, Carvalo & Pitaluga.

We’ve got a core of players in the 23-27 range - Trent, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Curtis, Slobbers, Mac A, Nunez, Gakpo, Diaz, Jota & Kelleher.

Then we’ve got some experienced players in Ali, Virgil, Robbo, Endo, Mo & Adrian.

The significant youths are Badger, Doak & Clark.

That’s 28 players - there’s not much scope there to bring in many players that are going to be better than what we have and be capable of makibg a major impact.

I think we’re in that spot where we can spend big on top end 23-24 year old talent - like a Wirtz or an Inacio - but we’re pretty well served there - those “kids” are starting to look pretty fucking solid.

To play as beck up to Beck when he rejoins ;)

Doesn't make too much sense to keep him around after Norwich with Robbo back and Kostas due back the following week.

You really do have a blank spot for detail don’t you.

The minute Beck came on for us against Bournemouth, he became ineligible to play for another team.

He could be registered for a third team, but he can only play for 2.

Hence why we didn’t include Carvalho in a squad but could re-loan him.

The minute Beck came on for us against Bournemouth, he became ineligible to play for another team.

Or perhaps you're the one with a blank spot for detail pal, conveniently intercepting at which point you choose to read on from........reading preceding posts will usually help with context.

Or maybe your eyes were just engaged on the second sentence alone, which is quite bizarre in itself.

Genuinely confused why people seem eager to sell tsimi? He was great before the injury, and usually is very good for us? His bad games tend to when he's dropped in for one of performances....which is more than fair?

Plus, everyone seems to like him in the dressing room. That kind of camaraderie shouldn't be thrown out for the lols

I'm not eager to get rid at all, I just think we might.

He's a good player and good enough to be a first choice.

However, Robertson is very much first choice for us, and now Gomez has put himself in the picture for left back as well (and his versatility makes him a better squad member).

If everyone is happy and we don't need to sell anyone then fine, happy for all of them to stay obviously, but if we do need to sell then Tsimikas is an obvious candidate.

If we loan him again to Dundee before 31st Jan , will that be ok or get counted as 3rd team in a year?

Presumably he can rejoin Dundee though can't he?

Except Dundee

Or perhaps you're the one with a blank spot for detail pal, conveniently intercepting at which point you choose to read on from........reading preceding posts will usually help with context.

Or maybe your eyes were just engaged on the second sentence alone, which is quite bizarre in itself.

Right - so you’re suggesting we send him back to Dundee?

My mistake.

Right - so you’re suggesting we send him back to Dundee?

My mistake.
Exactamundo. Send him back to Dundee, he was flourishing there, the fans were all raving about him. We have Robbo back and Kostas back fairly imminently, there'll be fewer games after Norwich for squad players to come in, it makes sense.

He can go back to Dundee - I think we did that with Nat a few years back when he was with a German team - but Dundee is the only other team he can play for.

I don’t think we’re sending him back as Dundee have already signed a replacement on loan.

I liked him when he would come in for a game or two and did well. I think he was largely bang average whilst Robbo was out. He wasted so many attacks and moments down his side during his period. It just cemented in my mind that he doesn't have what it takes, and we should move on and give someone else with a higher ceiling a chance.

Exactamundo. Send him back to Dundee, he was flourishing there, the fans were all raving about him. We have Robbo back and Kostas back fairly imminently, there'll be fewer games after Norwich for squad players to come in, it makes sense.

Yeah - but they signed another 21yo LB on loan - so we’ve likely told them no chance of going back.

I don't actually think we will be sending him back to Dundee either. It's possible though, I guess.

I’m not sure I follow Keni - the youths are backup - I’m not sure who we could sign that would improve the team and be happy with League Cup, CL Dead Rubbers and a handful of appearances in the league when the 2 or 3 players we already have ahead of them are injured.

We’ve got a pile of players either about to go in to their last year as an U21 or first year as a senior player - and they’re good - we’re talking Gravy, Harvey, Quansah, Bradley, Morton, Carvalo & Pitaluga.

We’ve got a core of players in the 23-27 range - Trent, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Curtis, Slobbers, Mac A, Nunez, Gakpo, Diaz, Jota & Kelleher.

Then we’ve got some experienced players in Ali, Virgil, Robbo, Endo, Mo & Adrian.

The significant youths are Badger, Doak & Clark.

That’s 28 players - there’s not much scope there to bring in many players that are going to be better than what we have and be capable of makibg a major impact.

I think we’re in that spot where we can spend big on top end 23-24 year old talent - like a Wirtz or an Inacio - but we’re pretty well served there - those “kids” are starting to look pretty fucking solid.

They don't have to be backup.

I'm just saying we can take the opportunity to strengthen if and where it makes sense. If that means Beck, Morton or whoever don't get their shot... well, it's competitive at the top.

City - perhaps a bad example given the strength of their financial position but that's who we're competing against - had Palmer coming up and signed Haaland and Alvarez anyway because they were deemed too good to pass up on.

We don't have the luxury of spending money for the sake of it but neither should we once again be complacent. Buy from a position of strength and take opportunities if / when they arise.

If, for example, there is an amazing LB that we can get but it means pushing one of Robertson / Tsimikas to the bench / out the door... it's worth considering.

It's all a bit of a moot point because I don't think we'll do that. Klopp will hang on to players as long as he can and FSG are prudent spenders. Just arguing the toss.

Robbo back in the squad for tomorrow, so Robbo, Gomez and Beck. Tsimikas still a couple of weeks out. Then we’ll have four options. We ain’t buying anyone. Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom