• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going into this window with zero expectations.

The long-term gaps that need filling our CB, DM, and RW cover/potential Salah replacement. For me, a versatile defender who can play across the defensive line would be most pressing. Another Gomez who doesn't mind being a squad option. If one of them appeared in January then it would be welcome.

Another we should buy.

I know clips are not the best way to analyse a player

vs

very similar though Redondo looks more mobile and faster. You'd have to convince recruitment that Redando will make it and Morton won't... I don't fancy anyone doing that

I think Robbo will stay until his current runs out in the summer of 2026. Coincidentally that's when Klopp's contract also runs out.

That's good, but another indicator is how many youth international caps does he have?
Answer? Zero.
Clark has been involved from the u15s all the way up to the U19s. Could be nepotism though, I don't know?
But everyone who's been involved around the first team has at least a few caps (Chambers, Scanlon, Quansah, Doak.)
Yeah that's not a good indicator. Look at the England youth team players, esp. Competition winners, and then at how many go on to 'make it'. I think the majority of English PL players either develop later or are overlooked at that age.

Yeah and some kids have the position locked up and others don’t get a look in.

Look at Andy Robertson. He wasn’t capped till under 21

If you go through the list of players that get youth caps but don't have a career at top level its probably pretty massive.
I wouldnt worry to much about that if Klopp rates him.
Yeah that's not a good indicator. Look at the England youth team players, esp. Competition winners, and then at how many go on to 'make it'. I think the majority of English PL players either develop later or are overlooked at that age.

In the current England squad on wiki, only two players have never played for the England youth teams. Philips and Watkins. Maguire only played once.
OK, Declan Rice and Grealish didn't play either, but they were Irish back then.

So my "theory" isn't completely unfounded, unless 2-3 out of 23 is an anomaly.

In the current England squad on wiki, only two players have never played for the England youth teams. Philips and Watkins. Maguire only played once.
OK, Declan Rice and Grealish didn't play either, but they were Irish back then.

So my "theory" isn't completely unfounded, unless 2-3 out of 23 is an anomaly.
Are you more including U21s? Or is that just 'youth'?

[article]
TOP STORY: Man United and Liverpool to battle for Kimmich
9 hours ago
Pinned

ESPN
6397b1255370f07879b122a4573d33617820d8115239559fbda7ce8c.jpg

(Sebastian Widmann/Getty Images)

Manchester United and Liverpool have joined the race to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Joshua Kimmich, says AS.

Kimmich, 28, has spent his entire career at Bayern and is reportedly keen to find a new challenge as he is not the preferred option in midfield for new boss Thomas Tuchel.

The Germany international is yet to decide on his next step as he moves towards the final year of his contract, and has been linked with every top club in Europe, including Manchester City and Barcelona.

But now it appears that United and Liverpool will be battling out for his services next summer.
[/article]

[article]
TOP STORY: Man United and Liverpool to battle for Kimmich
9 hours ago
Pinned

ESPN
6397b1255370f07879b122a4573d33617820d8115239559fbda7ce8c.jpg

(Sebastian Widmann/Getty Images)

Manchester United and Liverpool have joined the race to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Joshua Kimmich, says AS.

Kimmich, 28, has spent his entire career at Bayern and is reportedly keen to find a new challenge as he is not the preferred option in midfield for new boss Thomas Tuchel.

The Germany international is yet to decide on his next step as he moves towards the final year of his contract, and has been linked with every top club in Europe, including Manchester City and Barcelona.

But now it appears that United and Liverpool will be battling out for his services next summer.
[/article]
Lol, no chance unless he's free.

Man United clear out pt2

Jadon Sancho returning to Dortmund on loan. Apparently Dortmund offering €3m (£2.7m) but United in 'serious negotiations' to get this over the line. Bearing in mind his salary is £250k/week (yes! hard to believe!!!) then they are not even covering his wages, never mind paying a loan fee!

Marcos Leonardo appaz close to signing for Benfica for 18 mill euros. They've beaten several PL clubs to his signature and he'll move to the PL in a few years for 3-4 times that fee. Yet another brilliant signing for Benfica.

Marcos Leonardo appaz close to signing for Benfica for 18 mill euros. They've beaten several PL clubs to his signature and he'll move to the PL in a few years for 3-4 times that fee. Yet another brilliant signing for Benfica.
Interesting.

Man City have started cutting out the middle man with forays into the Latin American market. We seem not have the eye for spotting these (or is it appetite for risk?) I also wonder if Latin American clubs are more willing to deal with lower end clubs in England or less glamorous leagues in Europe with the expectation of (potentially) higher sell-on values.

Interesting.

Man City have started cutting out the middle man with forays into the Latin American market. We seem not have the eye for spotting these (or is it appetite for risk?) I also wonder if Latin American clubs are more willing to deal with lower end clubs in England or less glamorous leagues in Europe with the expectation of (potentially) higher sell-on values.
If you have bottomless pockets filled with oil, there is little to no risk taking on an untested south American. Its as simple as that

Interesting.

If you've got money to play with and feeder clubs to send them to, it's a no brainer.

Chelsea have been doing this kind of thing for years.

Obviously we know who the gems in the market are.

But we don't have a lower risk appetite. We have a different business model from Brighton and Brentford, who can afford to give very young and undeveloped players opportunities at the risk of finishing in mid table - since they'll likely sell them on for good profit.

We could buy all the most promising young players for good sized fees but then we'd end up in their situation - with a glut of youngsters who are potentially great but not good enough for the top end. There is also FFP and Homegrown quotas to consider.

I think our current deal is that if we buy a player, then we have assessed that he is good enough for the first team. We will pay a premium, and Klopp WILL play him.

Man City are doing the same thing but they seem to have a bit more leeway since they are quite willing to let old players go.

If you have bottomless pockets filled with oil, there is little to no risk taking on an untested south American. It’s as simple as that
They aren’t exactly untested, though, are they? Alvarez and this new kid aren’t wet behind the ears. Nor are many of the ones we’ve ended up pursuing or acquiring.

I slightly get the ability to absorb losses or having space in the squad and (time) to play and develop young players but there’s just as big a risk with older, more experienced players if you ask me.

Being covered today as Le Parisien has reported it.

[article]
Kylian Mbappe 'would be open to joining Liverpool' ahead of Real Madrid when his PSG contract expires in the summer... with the French star now free to talk to overseas clubs

• Mbappe's Paris Saint-Germain contract is due to expire in the summer
  • Real Madrid are the frontrunners to sign him but Liverpool are also in the race
  • SAMI MOKBEL: Ivan Toney to Arsenal will be nigh on impossible to do this month without any outgoings – It's All Kicking Off
By ADAM SHERGOLD FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:36, 1 January 2024 | UPDATED: 16:53, 1 January 2024

482shares
View comments

Kylian Mbappe would reportedly consider moving to Liverpool when his Paris Saint-Germain contract expires this summer, in what would be a massive blow to Real Madrid.
The French superstar, 25, is officially free to negotiate with foreign clubs as of January 1 as he enters the final six months of his PSG deal.
Real have always been considered the favourite to sign Mbappe on what would be a free transfer.

But a report in Le Parisien suggests Liverpool represent 'the most credible and dangerous candidate' for PSG - who obviously want him to extend his stay with them.
The French newspaper add Mbappe is 'not indifferent' to moving to Anfield, with Jurgen Klopp apparently unwavering in his pursuit of one of the world's best player

[/article]

Is anyone after Gibbs-White? Can't believe that no one has bought him yet

Being covered today as Le Parisien has reported it.

[article]
Kylian Mbappe 'would be open to joining Liverpool' ahead of Real Madrid when his PSG contract expires in the summer... with the French star now free to talk to overseas clubs

• Mbappe's Paris Saint-Germain contract is due to expire in the summer
  • Real Madrid are the frontrunners to sign him but Liverpool are also in the race
  • SAMI MOKBEL: Ivan Toney to Arsenal will be nigh on impossible to do this month without any outgoings – It's All Kicking Off
By ADAM SHERGOLD FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:36, 1 January 2024 | UPDATED: 16:53, 1 January 2024

482shares
View comments

Kylian Mbappe would reportedly consider moving to Liverpool when his Paris Saint-Germain contract expires this summer, in what would be a massive blow to Real Madrid.
The French superstar, 25, is officially free to negotiate with foreign clubs as of January 1 as he enters the final six months of his PSG deal.
Real have always been considered the favourite to sign Mbappe on what would be a free transfer.

But a report in Le Parisien suggests Liverpool represent 'the most credible and dangerous candidate' for PSG - who obviously want him to extend his stay with them.
The French newspaper add Mbappe is 'not indifferent' to moving to Anfield, with Jurgen Klopp apparently unwavering in his pursuit of one of the world's best player

[/article]

Oh wow… Mbappe’s “not indifferent” to moving to Liverpool.

I bet we’re “monitoring” the fuck out of that situation to see if he goes up to “hasn’t ruled out a move to..”!!!

I bet we’re “monitoring” the fuck out of that situation to see if he goes up to “hasn’t ruled out a move to..”!!!
His agents clearly trying to make Real feel like they have competition for his signature.

‘sides, isn’t he a dickhead?

‘sides, isn’t he a dickhead?

Hard to tell beyond normal footballing dickheadness, money hunger or actually good enough to be showered with all the riches people are stupid enough to throw at him.

His agents clearly trying to make Real feel like they have competition for his signature.
Yes this is the reason,

I read reports we are back in for Kone, this is great news, we are actually short in midfield, we need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom