• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read he's likely to try for Freiburg keeper Ernst Meierdorf (nicknamed 'Der Bobcat' over there apparently).

Tried to sign him for Dortmund last winter but failed.

Sorry it's Dorfmeier, not Meierdorf!! Lol

I don't know where you get your info, mate – maybe a parallel Universe? - but there is no goalkeeper named Ernst Dorfmeier in Freiburg or, for that matter, anywhere else in Germany. Borussia did in fact buy a young Freiburg goalkeeper this summer, his name is Roman Bürki, I saw him play (and concede 5 goals) against Bayern Munich.

I don't know where you get your info, mate – maybe a parallel Universe? - but there is no goalkeeper named Ernst Dorfmeier in Freiburg or, for that matter, anywhere else in Germany. Borussia did in fact buy a young Freiburg goalkeeper this summer, his name is Roman Bürki, I saw him play (and concede 5 goals) against Bayern Munich.

My Twitter sources seemed pretty sure.

I reckon he'll sign a keeper first of all. I don't think you can coach a keeper that much so you've just gotta upgrade. Defenders and midfielders can be taught so might be given more of a chance.

No he won't. I agree we need better but there is no way he is top of the 'Most Wanted' pile. In fact I'd even be tempted to give Bogdan a go this season.

DM, Winger and CM .. in that order. We are not that far off a very good team, with the right tactics and formation.

Does he play with a winger though? I thought he played a narrow midfield with fullbacks playing as wing backs?

DM is a good shout. I can't see him putting up with Lucas' needless free kicks on the edge of the box for long.

Does he play with a winger though? I thought he played a narrow midfield with fullbacks playing as wing backs?

DM is a good shout. I can't see him putting up with Lucas' needless free kicks on the edge of the box for long.

Bascombe writing in the Telegraph :
Klopp’s favoured formation at Borussia Dortmund involved a sole striker, with midfielders and wingers scurrying in support to attack from all angles.

Hahaha. Fuck me.

Some monster central defender from the Bundesliga....

A decent passing central midfielder, in the Gerrard ilk....

I think that will do us til the Summer.

Excuse the terrible music. But this might just be the guy we're looking for.

Niklas Süle.

Either of those would be welcome but I don't think a Gerrard type is our most immediate need in midfield. We need better DM options first, or we won't get into a position where we can start playing more on the front foot.

Either of those would be welcome but I don't think a Gerrard type is our most immediate need in midfield. We need better DM options first, or we won't get into a position where we can start playing more on the front foot.

Well I was kind of thinking of the Gerrard ilk of say 2000 - 2005..... before he became an attacking player.... puts a tackle in and can pick a pass basically.

Gotcha, but in that case I'd say Alonso would be a better example. Stevie G never really had the discipline to play anything other than an attacking role - if he had, his last year or two under Rodgers might have gone better than they did. I reckon the relatively high number of bookings he seemed to pick up in those days you're referring to was partly due to him bombing forward, then having to rush back to try and plug the gap he himself had left.

So we've seen navas, gundogan, reus and lewadowski already linked.

Something tells me we're gonna have a very exciting next few transfer windows!

Gundogan would be a top signing would love him here!!

Mignolet

Sakho
Hummels
Moreno
Clyne

Gundogan
Henderson
Coutinho

Firmino
Sturridge
Benteke

If we have that team after the Jan window there's no reason we can't break into top 3/4!!

Hummels and Gundogan in Jan?

If that happens, I'll pay for Barry the Kenyan to have that coin removed from his leg.

Ha.

I don't see Gundogan as out of reach.

He absolutely adores Klopp and knows he could be the guy who dictates everything in the midfield for us for years to come.

Who knows what can happen? these guys know how cool it would be to play under Klopp too, he's literally the best guy for their development!

I hope you're right.

And the chances of that happening are obviously a lot higher now than at this time last week.

As well as who comes in Jan, I'm looking forward to seeing how he can improve some of the players we have on our books right now. I am sure there is massive scope for improvement there.

I hope you're right.

And the chances of that happening are obviously a lot higher now than at this time last week.

As well as who comes in Jan, I'm looking forward to seeing how he can improve some of the players we have on our books right now. I am sure there is massive scope for improvement there.

I would love to see what he does with Firmino.

He's kind of completely gone of the radar. Almost fans completely writing him off at this stage, so lets see what happens there.

Player like Moreno and Clyne could also be really well suited to his type of game!

I suppose from the youth will be interesting to see how he promotes players like kent, texeira etc!

It's all quite exciting.

I haven't written him off by any means, but I said when we signed him we shouldn't expect too much in his first season for a number of reasons.

I expect to see much more from him next season, but if he can accelerate that to the tail end of this season no one will be upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom