• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Joey Barton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The saddest thing is he's taken up so much time, effort, emotion and money from the people at Second Chance and the PFA and he's not got the slightest sense of shame about how he's wasted it all.

Perhaps Henderson shouldn't be in this England squad, even as cover. There's no need to call the Liverpool player shit though.

He's a young lad and was a little overwhelmed last season transitioning to playing for a big club and was probably given too many games however he has potential, a good attitude and works hard. The type of player Liverpool fans over the years get behind and support.

So if I think a player is shit and not good enough for LFC then I can't say so?

Its more that he isnt shit. He's 21, played out of position for the most part of his Liverpool career but a talented lad nonetheless.

He'll thrive under Rodgers and develop into a very good player. Its all about giving him time, which Liverpool fans seem unable to do when we give young players a chance.

Should he be in the England squad? No, not yet. But rather him then Carrick when Fwank got injured.
Hopefully he'll learn from the experience.

And why are people talking about Osman? He's a winger/behind the striker type of player. Not a central midfielder.

He'll thrive under Rodgers and develop into a very good player. Its all about giving him time, which Liverpool fans seem unable to do when we give young players a chance.

Not every player can play any position like Gerrard as if it's his natural position ... Henderson isn't there yet, but he's a decent player who could get better ... Time will tell. I'm optimistic.

So if I think a player is shit and not good enough for LFC then I can't say so?
Of cause you can say so - It's just that generally people have a habit of not suffering fools gladly. You can take that anyway you like.

Thanks for clearing that up lads.

I just don't see what he's got. And I am never normally one to slag players off by the way.

Time will tell I suppose.

I just don't see what he's got.

He's not going to be world class, but he can be a very good player - he does a lot of things at a good enough level to be successful for us. How successful? Well ... who knows ... I want to be optimistic with this kid, but my track record is pretty poor! ;)

JOEY BARTON wants to be a coach when he hangs up his boots - but skipped his first lesson to play golf!

The fiery midfielder has applied for a place on an Irish FA course to do his UEFA B licence.

An Irish FA spokesman confirmed QPR captain Barton had been due to join its course. He said: "Joey... was ready to enrol. But we learned recently that he would not be coming". It is understood that the player is in Portugal playing golf.

Barton has often been outspoken and yesterday he took to Twitter to criticise England coach Roy Hodgson, who has included Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, Stewart Downing, Glen Johnson, Jordan Henderson and Martin Kelly in his Euro 2012 squad - despite the Merseyside club's disappointing season.

"If Henderson got in, any Englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, I wish I was there," he added. "Liverpool have horrific season and have six players in our euro squad.

"What chance do we have? Pick on form. How Holt, Richards, Carrick, Ferdinand, Osman, Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty ..."

A coach? Fucking hell. The first thing a coach needs to do is gain the players respect.

Well that's Joey fucked then.

QPR have fined Joey Barton six weeks wages and stripped him of the club captaincy.

QPR have also reached agreement with Barton that if he seriously breaches the club's disciplinary procedures again, they have the right to terminate his contract.

Joseph Barton@Joey7Barton
I was reckless and deserved every punishment I received. Money comes and goes, it's not important to me. Losing the captaincy and missing...

...12 games, is what really hurts. I was stupid and that what happens when u do dumb things. I am confident ill bounce back. Cannot wait.

That's all I have to say on the matter. I wish to put it behind me now and help QPR, once available of course, push on towards the top half.

tumblr_m68fd0iqEh1rol61oo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom