• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Join the run-in betting jinx firewall

doctor_mac

My cowboy name is Garland Justice
We all know that betting on your own team to win feels jinxy, and that you risk losing twice. We also know that betting on your rivals feels great because it's win/win- well at least if the stake is relatively low. So, I wondered what some posters (religious beliefs etc. allowing) could do collectively to put something on the line, to participate in the title run in, and to help the site pay penance for the infamous 'cashout' that cost us the Champions League against Madrid in Kyiv. So starting today I'm calling on site punters to place a double on City and Arsenal to win their games. If that happens, place your total winnings including stake back onto City and Arsenal in the next run of fixtures. And so on, and so on. The cumulative bad ju-ju against City and Arsenal could be enough to tip the scale. Of course, the game of hazard becomes greater the longer their winning runs last. This week a £10 bet will result in about £20 going onto the next fixture. By rough calculations if you keep sticking the bet back on you'll be betting about £1200 if these 2 keep it up until the last game of the season. Of course, it won't come to that. By my calculations the firewall will have done its job well before then.

1000035275.jpg

Put something on the line? Participate in the run in? I'm emotionally frazzled already!

I'm putting my life on the line every match (heart attack / stroke)! I stay up all night to watch our matches and then can't sleep when I go to bed at 06.00-07.00 because the adrenaline is still coursing through my veins.
Next day I've black bags under my eyes, high blood pressure and can't drive for fear of falling asleep!

Cheeky bugger!

I like your thinking..

I'm tight/want to win more so have gone with a double of man city to win with Foden and Haaland over 1.5 shots and arsenal to win with Saka scoring. 45/1.

Can we check @doctor_macs ip address please, i think sky bet have infiltrated his account and are posting text walls without paragraphs asking us to sacrifice money to them.
There was no need for a paragraph break there! Other betting services are permitted. I'm with Sky because I took up a 'bet £5 and get £30 in free bets' deal at the start of the season. I have given them not an extra penny, nor will I.

Put something on the line? Participate in the run in? I'm emotionally frazzled already!

I'm putting my life on the line every match (heart attack / stroke)! I stay up all night to watch our matches and then can't sleep when I go to bed at 06.00-07.00 because the adrenaline is still coursing through my veins.
Next day I've black bags under my eyes, high blood pressure and can't drive for fear of falling asleep!

Cheeky bugger!
:eek: We have an actual player on the forum :eek:

Froggy has just outed himself as Kostas Tsimikas

1712398996742.png

@Frogfish and the car he can't drive (a Huracan Spider!) to the betting shop, where he can't place a bet anyway

Last edited:
Can we check @doctor_macs ip address please, i think sky bet have infiltrated his account and are posting text walls without paragraphs asking us to sacrifice money to them.
Funny you should mention this, his English skillz were also criticsed on facebook fairly recently. I'm starting to think he's not a real doc after all.

What if one of them wins them all but not the other? There goes your £1200 AND the benefit to Liverpool. Unless you're particularly bothered about NOT finishing third.

What if one of them wins them all but not the other? There goes your £1200 AND the benefit to Liverpool. Unless you're particularly bothered about NOT finishing third.

Then it is the will of the gods and we have but done our sorry best. We will have given what we have and may spend our days from this day to our last, knowing we were one of those happy few.

Tight odds in the next round.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 16.53.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 16.53.06.png
    26 KB · Views: 10
Question.

Is it worth persisting with doubles? I feel individual bets might not make as tidy a profit should it all go south, but allows us to continue if one team falters and the other doesn't, with some of the same ill gotten gains

Or are you just going to restart with another tenner

Question.

Is it worth persisting with doubles? I feel individual bets might not make as tidy a profit should it all go south, but allows us to continue if one team falters and the other doesn't, with some of the same ill gotten gains

Or are you just going to restart with another tenner
I haven't thought it through that much! Doubles until one of them falters then a new plan.

Back
Top Bottom