• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan in, Lamps out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Jordan replaces Lampard at Euros

31st May 2012 - Latest News
Liverpool look set to have more players in England's Euro 2012 squad than any other club after Jordan Henderson was called to replace the injured Frank Lampard.
England U21 skipper Henderson had been on stand-by but a thigh strain suffered in training by Lampard means he should now join Glen Johnson, Steven Gerrard, Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll in Roy Hodgson's party.
A statement on the FA website read: "Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson will be called into the squad - subject to agreement from UEFA's medical team."
Manchester United have the second biggest representation in the squad with four players.
England play Belgium in their final warm up this weekend before beginning their Euro campaign versus France on June 11.

Let's hope it gives his confidence a boost because like it or not Rodgers is going to be giving him a lot of pitch time next season.

The last time we had that many players in we fucking mauled the Jairmans 5-1

2nd youngest squad in the tournament now, why not. We all moaned about the old guard at the last World Cup and now no Lampard or Barry.

Jordan won't start but if he did that would be possibly 5 LFC players in the 11 - how fucking funny (no mancs at all until Rooney in :D )

2nd youngest squad in the tournament now, why not. We all moaned about the old guard at the last World Cup and now no Lampard or Barry.

Jordan won't start but if he did that would be possibly 5 LFC players in the 11 - how fucking funny (no mancs at all until Rooney in :D )
Jones will play if Johnson isnt fit.

Hendo and Shelvey will both thrive in pass and move. Euro 2012 will give Hendo great confidence and I expect that he improve massively this season. The scrap for places will make things exciting in training

If they know whats best for them there wont be 5 of our lot in the 11. There should only be 2. And possibly Carroll until Rooney comes in.

He looked shagged out last summer playing for the under 21s. This will be a good experience for him but he looks to me as though he's mentally shot and in urgent need of a rest.

Rodgers seems to like midfielders who run around a lot and make lots of short sideways and backwards passes to keep posession.

Seems to me it's likely to mean Henderson in, Shelvey out.

Good and that means we get to sell him for 25m now that he is a full England international.

Finally someone reaps dividends of Kennys buy GB policy and it's Roy!

You couldn't make this stuff up

Good for Henderson, this can only be good. Providing he never takes a big game Peno or gets sent off needlessly.

Rodgers seems to like midfielders who run around a lot and make lots of short sideways and backwards passes to keep posession.

Seems to me it's likely to mean Henderson in, Shelvey out.

On the contrary Gene, he likes players who are prepared to take risks with their passing, and can be clever with it in tight areas; which is more suited to Shelvey’s style than Henderson’s.

Shelvey is quite similar to Joe Allen in that respect.

He looked shagged out last summer playing for the under 21s. This will be a good experience for him but he looks to me as though he's mentally shot and in urgent need of a rest.

I'm sure he'll get one as even if he's picked we'll be out at the group stage.

I thought he looked more pissed off due to Pearces long ball tactics.

2qb9dp3.jpg

Roy seems happy with Hendo.

This is a blessing in disguise, albeit not a very good disguise, as it's been bloody obvious for years.

No England manager has had the guts to drop Lampard and build a team around Gerrard. They are to similar and when both played not effective, but Gerrard's simply the better player and far more influential as well on his day.

Whether it's too late we'll see but I guess we could actually see a far better playing and more balanced England side than in years.

This is a blessing in disguise, albeit not a very good disguise, as it's been bloody obvious for years.

No England manager has had the guts to drop Lampard and build a team around Gerrard. They are to similar and when both played not effective, but Gerrard's simply the better player and far more influential as well on his day.

Whether it's too late we'll see but I guess we could actually see a far better playing and more balanced England side than in years.

People miss the point alot regarding Lampard and Gerrard, a bigger part of the problem is that Rooney drops into the same areas. The play becomes congested and predictable.

People miss the point alot regarding Lampard and Gerrard, a bigger part of the problem is that Rooney drops into the same areas. The play becomes congested and predictable.
That's part of the problem now agreed, but it will become less of an issue when they are not all three taking part.

It's not just for the past years mind, ever since 2003-4 where Gerrard started peaking, and Rooney wasn't around, Englands manager back then also opted for the two of them. Back then had the manager got the gut to build a team around Gerrard - and then add Rooney to the mix over the coming years - England could've had a quite different run of success imo.

I know Hdnderson has his haters on these boards but I have to say I think he is a great lad & could become a top PL player. Delighted he's been called up, I hope gets on the pitch at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom