• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Jurgen Klopp's mother Elisabeth has died at the age of 81 and the Liverpool wasn't able to attend her funeral on Tuesday because of Covid-19 travel restrictions.

Klopp lives with his family in Liverpool and is prohibited from travelling to his home country amid fears of spreading variants of the coronavirus.

Speaking to the Schwarzwalder Bote newspaper, Klopp paid tribute to his mother, who died on January 19, saying 'she meant everything to me' and that a 'wonderful commemoration' will be planned when travel opens up again.

The 53-year-old said: 'She meant everything to me. She was a real mum in the best sense of the world. As a devout Christian, I know she is in a better place now.'

He last visited Elisabeth in Germany for her 80th birthday but restrictions on travel imposed by the German authorities mean he won't be able to attend the funeral in person.

'The fact that I can't be at the funeral is due to the terrible times,' Klopp added. 'As soon as the circumstances allow, we will hold a wonderful commemoration that is appropriate to it.'

Jurgen, who was born in 1967, is the youngest of three children to come from the marriage of Elisabeth Reich and Norbert Klopp in 1960. Stefanie was born in 1960 and Isolde in 1962.

Norbert died in 2000 following a short illness at the age of 66, just a few months before Jurgen landed his first coaching job with Mainz.

Elisabeth was the second-eldest of four born to Eugen and Helene Reich, who owned a brewery in the town of Glatten. Her working life started by delivering crates of beer to taverns with her eldest sister Marianne and also running the family grocery store.

She married Norbert Klopp, who was learning the craft of making fine leather bags, after meeting at a dance. Norbert was also a goalkeeper and had trials with prominent German club Kaiserslautern.

The same travel restrictions imposed by the German health authorities, designed to prevent mutant strains of Covid-19 that originate in Britain getting into the country, mean Liverpool must play the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie away to RB Leipzig in Budapest next week.

Liverpool's form has slipped in recent weeks as their hopes of retaining their Premier League title have faded.

They have lost to Burnley, Brighton and Manchester City, all at home, in the league and exited the FA Cup to Manchester United all after January 19.[/article]

Horrible. Felt for anyone who's lost a loved one over the past year and had little to none support from friends of family due to Covid.

It's pretty crazy that he didn't (seemingly) take a chunk of time away from the game on compassionate leave, if he'd left in the aftermath of his mums death, presumably he'd have been out of quarantine and able to attend at least the funeral before all the other not so fun jobs required after someone passes away.

Poor Jurgen.

Shows it's more than results that's been getting to him lately. This will not have come from nowhere. Hopefully the club are smart enough to give him some days off to process it all, and even then that won't be enough. Horrible situation.

YNWA Jurgen

YNWA Macca

Difficult to understand how tough that must bei n these even more challenging times than usual.
Feel for you.

I can feel this news inside me, as well...

My Mam left us early last June, after four long years battling that bastard disease cancer, and Rory and I haven't been able to get home to see Dad and the girls to say a proper goodbye either. We had to watch the (very limited) funeral services online, with just 10 family members even allowed into the church. That was at 4am my time, 2am his... That was rough.

It's utterly devastating, and even more so when you cannot even grieve properly, with those you love, but have to watch from afar, like it's a fucking film. As a result, I'm not sure that I've actually really processed everything that goes with losing a parent yet, due to not being there, where it's actually happened... We had been hoping to be able to get home together in July, for her birthday, and have a celebration of her life with all of the important people in our lives, but now even that - fifteen fucking months later - is looking like it won't happen. It's a cunt. It's so horrible.

My heart goes out to Jurgen today, to Macca too, and to anybody else who's had this awful additional heartache added to an already wretched year. YNWA.

Same thing happened to me last month. Couldn't even speak for the last few weeks. I hope he gets plenty of time left alone. It destroys you completely.

Sorry to hear this Macca, take care buddy, my heart goes out to you, and to Whaddapie and Jurgen. YNWA x

My Mam left us early last June, after four long years battling that bastard disease cancer, and Rory and I haven't been able to get home to see Dad and the girls to say a proper goodbye either. We had to watch the (very limited) funeral services online, with just 10 family members even allowed into the church. That was at 4am my time, 2am his... That was rough.

It's utterly devastating, and even more so when you cannot even grieve properly, with those you love, but have to watch from afar, like it's a fucking film. As a result, I'm not sure that I've actually really processed everything that goes with losing a parent yet, due to not being there, where it's actually happened... We had been hoping to be able to get home together in July, for her birthday, and have a celebration of her life with all of the important people in our lives, but now even that - fifteen fucking months later - is looking like it won't happen. It's a cunt. It's so horrible.

Same thing happened to me last month. Couldn't even speak for the last few weeks. I hope he gets plenty of time left alone. It destroys you completely.

My heart goes out to Jurgen today, to Macca too, and to anybody else who's had this awful additional heartache added to an already wretched year. YNWA.
It's not easy losing a parent or any loved one in the best of times, so I can't imagine what it must be like in this current shitstorm.
Hopefully you find solace and comfort from the memories you have.
Sorry for all your loss lads.
YNWA

I felt your words here. Mom got diagnosed with breast cancer after moving a couple miles from me in November, after 40 years in Pennsylvania. We’ve been able to be close, grandkids go visit and it has been really important.

I’m sorry that you have been separated from family at a time where family means the most. Cheers man.

Anything I say would be inadequate, but I offer my heartfelt condolences mate

I lost my Dad in Jan last year before just before Covid 19, I know that grief. I can only imagine the diffiiculy of not being able to vist elderly family and attend a funeral.
Ar dheist Dé go raibh a a hnam dílis"

They have lost to Burnley, Brighton and Manchester City, all at home, in the league and exited the FA Cup to Manchester United all after January 19.
I wonder if this affected Jurgen's decision making. We know how strong his bond is with Christianity and his family.

YNWA.

My Mam left us early last June, after four long years battling that bastard disease cancer, and Rory and I haven't been able to get home to see Dad and the girls to say a proper goodbye either. ...

I lost my Dad in Jan last year before just before Covid 19, I know that grief. I can only imagine the diffiiculy of not being able to vist elderly family and attend a funeral.
Ar dheist Dé go raibh a a hnam dílis"

Very sorry to hear that lads. My sincere condolences to each of you on your loss. YNWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom