• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Karius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
I don't want to derail and tarnish the positives of the City post match thread...

...but has this cunt ever made a decent save for us? Like anything other than a routine stop in nearly two years? Because I honestly can't think of one. If the shot's not down his throat, it's a goal. Sometimes even the ones down his throat go in. Log.

Brad Friedel looked finished after he seemed to suffer a nervous breakdown for us at OT, and look at what a good keeper he became. We all like to think we know far more than we do about these keepers. But it's certainly implausible that Karius is going to have the time to learn from his mistakes here. Send him elsewhere, let him have a couple of seasons and who knows, he might surprise us. But he looks way too mentally frail to cope here and now, and that's pretty much all the time you get at a big club.

We need a keeper urgently. As Souness said after the game, Liverpool's keepers never make out of the ordinary saves that wins the team points (that they don't always deserve). 4 shots on target for them and 3 goals. This is true of us generally, we concede a couple of chances and a couple of goals. We need better, and the rest of the team deserves better.

He made one against Southampton in the league cup semi final first leg at St Mary's last year.

But yeah, that's about it.

My only hope for him, was that DDG was pretty hopeless too when he first came. But he had the mental strength and personality to turn it around. Fergie played him throughout still. Maybe, we should give him a run despite today. We know Ming can't get any better.

It isn't, but let the silliness continue. Funny how this stats-obsessed site suddenly relies on anecdotal evidence when it suits.

It's a problem thats been picked up on after several games, that we've more or less conceded to every shot on target, it's not new, made up or anecdotal, it happens regularly enough for it to have been picked up on and statistically shown.

It's a problem thats been picked up on after several games, that we've more or less conceded to every shot on target, it's not new, made up or anecdotal, it happens regularly enough for it to have been picked up on and statistically shown.

It's statistically shown that he's not made 'anything other than a routine stop in nearly two years'? Grow up. These threads are utterly pointless. Move on. There's a consensus about whether hes good enough or not, what the hell else is there to say?

Hopefully in the cold light of the day (tomorrow) and emotions are taken out, klopp may come to his senses and sign a replacement.

He was never good enough. Failed at city. Don't think he has the temperament for a big club.

I like to give keepers time. More time than most, a lot of keepers have a poor first season, especially young ones.

He isn't giving me much hope though tbh.

I think Klopp has given Mignolet more than enough time, more than enough chances, & we know he's definitely not good enough, so get him out the door in the summer.

I'd like to see Karius go on loan to a club where he'll play every week for a season & see how that turns out, but in the meantime, let's splash a shitload of cash on an actual top class keeper.

I don't know Macca, I'm struggling to see what your point is, everyone more or less agrees he's not good enough, you stated it yourself in a round about way, yet you inexplicably seem to be taking offense to any criticism of him. Like we're not supposed to talk about it. Isn't that the point?

You win some you lose some, Klopp by and large has made some great signings who will serve us brilliantly. Karius hasnt worked out and people struggle to recall any actual saves, which probably says it all about how effective he has been.

We can talk about his failure without you resorting to nonsense like "oh look, another expert".

Mignolet has conceded at least once similar to Sane's goal today.
My opinion has always been that Mignolet has proven over time to be not up to the task with no realistic chance of improving.
Karius has given every indication that he is ultimately not going to be up to the task either but there is some hope, even a small one that he will improve.
If we aren't buying a new keeper in January, and I doubt we are, then I don't think that Karius will cost us any/many more points than Mignolet would over the course of the remainder of the season.
There goes with that the small chance that he might start improving and living up to the reputation he earned in Germany.
But ultimately, I think Oblak is the actual answer to the question

No one on here can judge him properly till hes had a good run in the team, young keepers take time to settle in,

I've seen enough. Nothing about his performance today gave me any confidence that he's a good enough keeper.

Why do we have a thread on him ? - WE ALL KNOW HE IS SHIT !!! - Why let rest of the world know that we know he is shit. Talk about kicking a goalkeeper when he's down !!!

Klopp suggested that Karius would now be given a run in the side but if he's going to be the club's No 1 he needs to sharpen up. The smart money suggests that Liverpool will buy a keeper this summer. (James Pearce)

Oblak or Allisson seems to be the top targets.
We desperatly need a brilliant goalkeeper.
Oblak would be insanely good.

It's a bit like having a great day, coming out the pub and pausing to kick the shit out of a homeless person. Everyone knows the narrative about Karius, but rather than wait and celebrate a great win for a few hours it's right on to a chest-puffing restatement of the bleeding obvious.

He gives me no confidence. However it is somehow a good sign that Klopp now agree that Ming is out of the pic. If we bring a new one this window then fine. If not I will cross my fingers and toes and cojones ahead of every game and hope he will not be tested . And if he is tested I hope he pull that odd matchwinner save. But again it seem the end of Ming which at least is something.

The first goal was pathetic 'keeping.

The shot came at lightening pace so I don't know many keepers that would have got to it but ya we still need a new keeper even though some claimed at the tail end of last season it wasn't a priority.

It has been for a while and it doesnt look like Karius is going to be the answer

I have no confidence in Karius. But..
The criticism for the first goal is over the top. Sane is known to whack in seriously hard shots across goal for strikers to tap in, so Karius couldn’t position himself right next to his post, and then Sane smacks it so hard and fast, I doubt there are many keepers in the world that could have reacted to it. The situation shouldn’t have happened anyway, but for Gomez’s brain fart.
The other two goals were the fault of the team and not the keeper. We can say ‘shots on target = goals’ as criticism for our keepers but the thing is with our team we do brilliantly to limit opportunities for our opposition but when we do end up giving them opportunities, they’re generally on a silver plate. Usually a case of goalies having no chance.

That said, again, I’ve no confidence in the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom