• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Khan V Barrera

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=30494.msg824235#msg824235 date=1237073515]
impressive performance by Khan, Barrera was slow and shite, Khan was class, a real imprvoement on before, the lad has massive potential. The cut was not a major factor as Khan was perfroming well before then - another Britsih world champion on the way
[/quote]

Yep, until he gets punched on the chin.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=30494.msg824244#msg824244 date=1237074001]
[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=30494.msg824235#msg824235 date=1237073515]
impressive performance by Khan, Barrera was slow and shite, Khan was class, a real imprvoement on before, the lad has massive potential. The cut was not a major factor as Khan was perfroming well before then - another Britsih world champion on the way
[/quote]

Yep, until he gets punched on the chin.
[/quote]

he took two good ones from Barrera and still punched back

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30494.msg824245#msg824245 date=1237074045]
Khan did ok but Barrera was given a massive disadvantage from round one.

When he gets caught flush, he will drop. FACT.
[/quote]

99.9% of fighters caught flush will drop - FACT

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30494.msg824245#msg824245 date=1237074045]
Khan did ok but Barrera was given a massive disadvantage from round one.

When he gets caught flush, he will drop. FACT.
[/quote]

Thats allready been proven.

He even got wobbled on numerous occasions by boxers that were classed as not having any punch power at all.

I'm not really having a go at Khan by the way, but this win is going to be hyped up ridiculously when circumstances meant it became very easy.

He needs to fight a proper lightweight in their prime.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30494.msg824249#msg824249 date=1237074206]
Barrera is 2 weights below him.

The 0.1% that don't drop are the world champs with longetivity.
[/quote]

Barrera is a legend - he can still punch and Khan took it. its a bit early to talk about logetivity with Khan when he is only 22 - lets see how he does with his first world champ fight - the guy has the speed and power, roach is adding defence and technique, he can go al the way

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30494.msg824253#msg824253 date=1237074307]
I'm not really having a go at Khan by the way, but this win is going to be hyped up ridiculously when circumstances meant it became very easy.

He needs to fight a proper lightweight in their prime.
[/quote]

agreed - I think he is two fights away from a fight like that, which will hopefully be for a wolrd champ

Gutted about the cut, it'd have been nice to see Berarra have a good go.

Ah well, at least I didnt pay, I'd have not been happy!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=30494.msg824267#msg824267 date=1237074770]
I fucking paid for it... maybe that's why I'm so annoyed.

That said the Enzo fight was well worth it.
[/quote] Enzo was 1/20 to win that fight..

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=30494.msg824306#msg824306 date=1237076011]
So was it fixed then?
[/quote]

I doubt it. Least not to finish like that. Barrerra had a HUGE gash on his head after a clash in the first, that stopped the fight.

Would he have won, with out the fella getting gashed?

Does this win mean he's not finished big time? Or due to the nature of the win is the jury still out?

khan boxed well but really it was at best a shallow victory. i think barrera conjures images in the british psyche of a very different fighter than the one we saw last night. really good promotion by khan's camp there to make it look he was fighting someone better than he actually was.

khan needs to go fight the la who knocked him out to gain any credibility back omo. oh and i hate the showboating with the hands in the air mid round.

[quote author=rage link=topic=30494.msg824450#msg824450 date=1237114977]
khan boxed well but really it was at best a shallow victory. i think barrera conjures images in the british psyche of a very different fighter than the one we saw last night. really good promotion by khan's camp there to make it look he was fighting someone better than he actually was.

khan needs to go fight the la who knocked him out to gain any credibility back omo. oh and i hate the showboating with the hands in the air mid round.
[/quote]

Yeah, that was totally disrespecting the fighter Barrera is & the fact he was only able to see out of one eye when attempting to fight him. He'd have won anyway, as Barrera's so much older, he made his debut when Kahn was just a one year old FFS.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=30494.msg824501#msg824501 date=1237118291]
[quote author=rage link=topic=30494.msg824450#msg824450 date=1237114977]

[/quote]

Yeah, that was totally disrespecting the fighter Barrera is & the fact he was only able to see out of one eye when attempting to fight him. He'd have won anyway, as Barrera's so much older, he made his debut when Kahn was just a one year old FFS.
[/quote]

showboating is a part of boxing, some of the greatest boxers have showboated, it's nice to see, adds a bit of sparkle to the fights and brings some character into the boxers at a time when boxing needs it

I feel sorry for Macaroni.

I've only ever watched him fight twice and he seems like a lovely fellar but he's got knocked THE FUCK out both times.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=30494.msg824306#msg824306 date=1237076011]
So was it fixed then?
[/quote]

Someone (far more knowledgeable on the sport than I) said to me yesterday that if the fight was stopped within the first four rounds it would have resulted in an NC (no contest), meaning no winner, yet the ring doctor (appointed by Khan's manager) maintained that Berrera was fit to fight until the 5th round. Coincidence? No idea. However, it does make a nice conspiracy theory.

Its a shame the fight had to end on a cut. I had Khan down for a win, but the cut changed the whole fight. I felt it would have been a real close fight so was dissapointed in the way it ended. The atmosphere in the M.E.N was great and Barrera got a tremendous reception.

Not sure whats next for Khan , hes still not ready for the divisions big names, and cant see him rushing into a rematch with Prescott any time soon.
Hopefully Barrera has a few more fights before he calls it a day, his last 2 fights have involved cuts, thats no-way for a boxing legend like him to bow out.

Back
Top Bottom