• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp top or Klopp flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobsMeekRug

6CM Follower
Take any fantastic player in another team and imagine him playing in a scratch team for Klopp. What would happen?
Here's one candidate as the Premiership's best non-Liverpool player:
Kevin De Bruyne [emoji106]
He'd be a different person off the pitch after a season with Klopp (he's not the most extrovert naturally at all - I think Jürgen boosts whatever social confidence his players have to the max). As a player he'd pick up a yard of pace and be given more leeway for risk in his passing.
On the [emoji107]side his goal tally would be a little lower and chance of injury higher.

Kanté. He’d be fucking boss. He wouldn’t be shit.
I doubt Klopp could improve him onfield in footballing terms. Like De Bruyne maybe his off-stage presence might benefit. Leadership qualities are missing completely in terms of verbal communication with Kanté, Klopp can't abide poor communication on the pitch. That would change.
Sadio for example has come out of his shell in interviews and pressers a bit recently. But he was always very clear when something needed correcting in Robbo or Milner's positioning down the left.

What we really need to find is that striker who is just as skilled as the other strikers, but willing to sacrifies himself for the good of the project. Not too many of those around. Maybe Donny van den Beek could develop into that position. Downside is of course how many goals he could score in PL.

This thread is more about Klopp specifically than LFC but you could ask which specific player in any team around the world would be enough of a Klopp player to improve themselves to reach or beat our top three in terms of performance?
Messi is clearly a Klopp flop in my eyes for example. Not able at his age to do the work on the defensive side of his game to fit in a Klopp managed team. Wouldn't be as effective as Bobby in our team.

This thread is more about Klopp specifically than LFC but you could ask which specific player in any team around the world would be enough of a Klopp player to improve themselves to reach or beat our top three in terms of performance?
Messi is clearly a Klopp flop in my eyes for example. Not able at his age to do the work on the defensive side of his game to fit in a Klopp managed team. Wouldn't be as effective as Bobby in our team.

Well when I say Donny van den Beek could develop into a position which is dificult for us when Bobby is out, do you think I meant he just woke up one day and filled that role?

KDB is already one of the best players in the league. KDB with our front 3 would be devastatingly good.

Looks like I needed to explain the term a 'scratch team' in my first post. I'm interested in an imaginary scenario where we can pick a squad of players to play under Klopp and debate which players from anywhere in the football world would thrive and which wouldn't.
KDB would be a possible top for me. Messi a flop.

Sane would be incredible in a Klopp team, but I'm not sure if that's because Klopp would improve him or just because he looks tailor-made for the style that we play. I also think Saha would completely fulfil his potential in a Klopp team for similar reasons. I imagine his strike rate would improve significantly just because he could become much more practiced being in a team that put him in attacking positions with much greater regularity.

On the opposite side of the coin, I'm not sure I agree with those who would love us to sign Maddison, as I just can't see him thriving in a Klopp team, or being improved as a midfielder who operates between 8 and 10. He hasn't the power or the shooting ability to make a significant difference in a midfield 3 to counteract the lack of defensive attributes he possesses (as arguably you could say of Coutinho). I think Klopp would need to reconstruct our system for Maddison to have a place in his team.

Balotelli would be a flop. Any player with a huge ego, would not work well with Klopp, so that discounts a huge chunk of players in France

Aside from being talented a Klopp player seems to be a player who has got one or both of these attributes, blistering pace and incredible stamina. These are generally the attributes thats cant be coached, unlike say better decision making, mental toughness or working within certain systems. Of course not all players with these attributes will work out, some like Moreno are too thick to improve and so their pace never amounts to anything others like Sturridge are too lazy.

Id imagine Klopp would turn Son into a massive talent like Mané.

Sane would be incredible in a Klopp team, but I'm not sure if that's because Klopp would improve him or just because he looks tailor-made for the style that we play. I also think Saha would completely fulfil his potential in a Klopp team for similar reasons. I imagine his strike rate would improve significantly just because he could become much more practiced being in a team that put him in attacking positions with much greater regularity.

On the opposite side of the coin, I'm not sure I agree with those who would love us to sign Maddison, as I just can't see him thriving in a Klopp team, or being improved as a midfielder who operates between 8 and 10. He hasn't the power or the shooting ability to make a significant difference in a midfield 3 to counteract the lack of defensive attributes he possesses (as arguably you could say of Coutinho). I think Klopp would need to reconstruct our system for Maddison to have a place in his team.

Louis Saha was fucking shit

I'm struggling with your tense here. Is he dead? Or is he now boss but was previously shit? Or are you thinking of a particular game in which he was shit? Alternatively, have you been inducted into some secret knowledge that Saha had sexual intercourse with some faeces?
Louis Saha's career ended in 2013 so piedro's use of the past tense was correct. Perhaps you meant Wilfred Saha in that earlier post.

I'd actually love to see Rashford playing for us. I reckon Klopp would have him happily playing the odd games rotating for the front three, banging in goals & eventually mould him into a replacement for whichever of the front three leaves first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom