• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys realise we've only lost once this season right? And you want Klopp sacked but who else would you get? Ancelotti? Well, he is going to China by all accounts. We need patience, there's no way we was going to win the league and you are deluded if you thought we were.
Klopp thinks he can improve his defence, he will have till January then he will have to dip into the market again.
I personally think we should poach Barnsley's defensive coach to help Klopp out. I can't see him refusing having extra staff.

Lascelles looks class. Captain at Newcastle, being offered a new contract soon. No doubt he will be capped by the time 2017 is over. English premium.

Bidding starts at 50 million.
About to sign a 5 year deal

I don't think there's somebody here who actually wants Klopp out. People are just ventilating their frustration.

I don't think there's somebody here who actually wants Klopp out. People are just ventilating their frustration.

No, no, you've got loads on here who can't do what sane adults do and step back and laugh at themselves, but people who genuinely think they know all about a profession of which they have zero experience. If they were on the other end, they'd be all temples veining, noses flared and full of self-righteous indignation. Most can see that. Some, sadly, can't. Which is why these forums can be mildly fun or a really pathetic means to madness. Currently, for some, they're the latter.

No, no, you've got loads on here who can't do what sane adults do and step back and laugh at themselves, but people who genuinely think they know all about a profession of which they have zero experience. If they were on the other end, they'd be all temples veining, noses flared and full of self-righteous indignation. Most can see that. Some, sadly, can't. Which is why these forums can be mildly fun or a really pathetic means to madness. Currently, for some, they're the latter.

Can you understand people's frustrations regarding us basically neglecting the one area we needed to strengthen above anything in the summer just gone?

Of course macca can. We all can. We're all Reds here and we're all mustard keen for our club to do well. But some of us, macca and me included, don't think it makes any sense for those frustrations to drive us into the kind of short-termist kneejerking which too often takes the place of sensible analysis on here.

Is this why you have never made any comment or shared your opinion about any other manager - Arsene Wenger, for example?

Do you think he's been negligent in the progress of, say, Oxlade-Chamberlain?

I know you have almost zero professional experience but just this once, what do you reckon?

Last edited:
Can you understand people's frustrations regarding us basically neglecting the one area we needed to strengthen above anything in the summer just gone?

Absolutely, and I share it, I just try to maintain a degree of perspective and humility.

Tottenham Hotspur have a well balanced team, and despite our failings we aren't that far behind then in the league.... I agree Klopp is making things hard for himself but the man is a great manager.

Its a sign of the modern game. When things are going great he is a genius when it's not going great he's a mad genius... But ultimately we got the best manager for the club.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Actually, I was at the game yesterday and in town afterwards talking to other reds, you can feel there is a lot of frustration growing
about Klopp's failure to sort our defence this summer.

Actually, I was at the game yesterday and in town afterwards talking to other reds, you can feel there is a lot of frustration growing
about Klopp's failure to sort our defence this summer.

Yeah.... but maybe that is excessive whinging and maybe extra negative pressure on a man who is clearly a decent manager with a great track record who could have chosen a bigger club than us to manage.

I don't know but...

I just want all of us to be happy I suppose.

Even Saturday, Yes so we drew against a smaller team again, but that smaller teams beat Chelsea and drew with Spurs away didn't they. It's just the perspective I suppose, it is game 5 and so far we have had nothing but bad luck from refs and linesmen...

Did Klopp want a new defender?? Oh yes...

Did he get the one he wanted? No...

Should he have dug out another somewhere?? Hmmm.... maybe yeah...

Are we catastrophic for the season already and entitled to fire abuse at our team and criticism at our manager under a monstrous delusion that that will help? Nah....

I'm still hoping that it will be a good season for us and that we are all bouncing happy at the end.

I don't really see how "finishing fourth" masked anything, or made anyone blind to the deficiencies in the team.

We came fourth. That's all that counts. It doesn't mean any more or less than that.

At the start of last season most people (pundits) had us down to finish 6/7th so quite lot of re-writing of history has gone to stay we haven’t improved.

I really hope he and Matip can convince Goretzka to sign for us in the summer for free.
Imagine getting Keita and Goretzka. My God.
We'd still need a DM though.

At the start of last season most people (pundits) had us down to finish 6/7th so quite lot of re-writing of history has gone to stay we haven’t improved.

I suppose you have to clarify the time-frame.

We haven't improved on the season we came 2nd under Rodgers. But have on his final season.

And what are the expectations for this season? Fourth again? Lower?

I suppose you have to clarify the time-frame.

We haven't improved on the season we came 2nd under Rodgers. But have on his final season.

And what are the expectations for this season? Fourth again? Lower?

What kind of argument is that?
How about 'Klopp hasnt improved on our title winning team from 25 years ago.'

Klopp has most certainly improved us since he's joined.

What kind of argument is that?
How about 'Klopp hasnt improved on our title winning team from 25 years ago.'

Klopp has most certainly improved us since he's joined.

Yep. I think the only fair comparison the form that got Rodgers' the sack vs Klopp's tenure to the end of the his first part-season - after that, they were no longer working with the same squads. Finishing second was not what got Rodgers' the boot.

It's daft anyway, there's far too many variables for a manager a vs manager b comparison to ever be valid.

Yep. I think the only fair comparison the form that got Rodgers' the sack vs Klopp's tenure to the end of the his first part-season - after that, they were no longer working with the same squads. Finishing second was not what got Rodgers' the boot.

It's daft anyway, there's far too many variables for a manager a vs manager b comparison to ever be valid.

There's loads of variables, true, but there's one that counts more than any other:

Has he won anything?

Which is why now, and in the years and decades to come, Benitez will be considered a better Liverpool manager than, say, Brendan Rodgers and unless Klopp wins a big trophy, he'll never be in that conversation either.

There's loads of variables, true, but there's one that counts more than any other:

Has he won anything?

Which is why now, and in the years and decades to come, Benitez will be considered a better Liverpool manager than, say, Brendan Rodgers and unless Klopp wins a big trophy, he'll never be in that conversation either.

True. But then Benitez has both the benefit of early success with the Champions League and - like Rodgers - a completed career at Liverpool.

Klopp, on the other hand, is still in the job and has been here for less time than both Rodgers' and Benitez' careers here lasted. Besides, call it skill/dead cat bounce/whatever; Klopp took Liverpool to two more finals than Rodgers in his first part season with Rodgers' own squad.

There's little point comparing a man still in the job (unless it's clear he's on his way out) to guys who have had their time.

True. But then Benitez has both the benefit of early success with the Champions League and - like Rodgers - a completed career at Liverpool.

Klopp, on the other hand, is still in the job and has been here for less time than both Rodgers' and Benitez' careers here lasted. Besides, call it skill/dead cat bounce/whatever; Klopp took Liverpool to two more finals than Rodgers in his first part season with Rodgers' own squad.

There's little point comparing a man still in the job (unless it's clear he's on his way out) to guys who have had their time.

Yeah, and that's why I haven't done it. Klopp's about the best manager we could expect to attract. He's probably better than we could expect, actually.

But that doesn't mean his weaknesses cannot be discussed.

Yeah, and that's why I haven't done it. Klopp's about the best manager we could expect to attract. He's probably better than we could expect, actually.

But that doesn't mean his weaknesses cannot be discussed.

I completely agree with you - that's why, elsewhere in this very thread, I can be found agreeing with you about what a mistake not signing a CB was.

But also, I was initially just agreeing with juniormember about the validity of said comparisons, not bashing you ! ;)

Benitez took Houllier's squad minus Michael Owen to two finals as well. League cup and CL. Winning the latter quite memorably.
It's fucking astonishing that people can compare Klopp to Benitez now. Klopp isn't anywhere close to where Benitez was after three seasons at the club.

Benitez took Houllier's squad minus Michael Owen to two finals as well. League cup and CL. Winning the latter quite memorably.
It's fucking astonishing that people can compare Klopp to Benitez now. Klopp isn't anywhere close to where Benitez was after three seasons at the club.
I enjoyed the trophies under Benitez as much as any fan, but let's not forget he won all of his trophies in his first two seasons. He also finished outside of the top four in the league first season and left us in a worse state then when he started.

Balance is important.

All I said was it's not exactly fair to compare the record of someone still in the job to someone who's tenure has finished. Klopp could be here for another four years judging by his previous jobs, compare records then.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I really wished we could have won those 2 cups in the first season with him. Would have put my doubts about him to rest regarding if he is a winner. The way he makes us attack and play is thrilling beyond belief and better than watching those dire games we had under GH and Rafa. I want Klopp to succeed ..not just for Liverpool but also for football itself. I love watching us play and creating those chances to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom