• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

What the fuck is going on? He's about the only player who looks hungry for the ball, covers ground and chases and harasses, so why does it seem like a seesaw with Rodgers, of "who shall I fuck around this week" between him and Coutinho? It doesn't make sense. He's fucking them both right off, needlessly. Give them a run together.

Gerrard is getting away with half arsed, bordering on anonymous displays, Sterling is being drummed into the ground, Markovic can't get a game, Ballotelli upsets the applecart, Lambert plays with his back to goal and trudges around looking leggy, while Allen and Hendo are horribly out of form.

So why can't he get a game? Play players who look hungry for the win, who want to play for shirt and who are, by and large, performing better than most. At the minute, as mixed a bag as it seems, Toure, Lucas, Lallana and Sterling are about the only players worth a go, I'd add Manquillo to that too, because he seems to have been bombed out (undeservedly) at the expense of erratic alternatives.

Form seems to be counting for little, players like Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen and Moreno seem to be getting in on virtually no fucking merit. What was wrong with Enrique against Basle? He might have hoofed it a few times, but he's a more stable, defensively sound option than anything else that's currently fit.

Jones
Manquillo
Toure
Enrique (I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about that one, or Jones for that matter)
Lucas
Lallana
Coutinho
Sterling (but protect the lad, FFS)

Start from there and let the other useless bellends earn their crust or fuck off.

He has to play in place of Coutinho who is too much of a liability. Can't have both of them in the same team.

What the fuck is going on? He's about the only player who looks hungry for the ball, covers ground and chases and harasses, so why does it seem like a seesaw with Rodgers, of "who shall I fuck around this week" between him and Coutinho? It doesn't make sense. He's fucking them both right off, needlessly. Give them a run together.

Gerrard is getting away with half arsed, bordering on anonymous displays, Sterling is being drummed into the ground, Markovic can't get a game, Ballotelli upsets the applecart, Lambert plays with his back to goal and trudges around looking leggy, while Allen and Hendo are horribly out of form.

So why can't he get a game? Play players who look hungry for the win, who want to play for shirt and who are, by and large, performing better than most. At the minute, as mixed a bag as it seems, Toure, Lucas, Lallana and Sterling are about the only players worth a go, I'd add Manquillo to that too, because he seems to have been bombed out (undeservedly) at the expense of erratic alternatives.

Form seems to be counting for little, players like Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Allen and Moreno seem to be getting in on virtually no fucking merit. What was wrong with Enrique against Basle? He might have hoofed it a few times, but he's a more stable, defensively sound option than anything else that's currently fit.

Jones
Manquillo
Toure
Enrique (I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about that one, or Jones for that matter)
Lucas
Lallana
Coutinho
Sterling (but protect the lad, FFS)

Start from there and let the other useless bellends earn their crust or fuck off.

Are you saying that we should fire BR?

Hes not 100% fit and he runs himself into the ground, if he had an extra yard of pace he would be a very special player. It seems like all our players are missing 1 key component to make them genuinely top quality, Sturridge has no durability, with Sterling its composure, with Coutinho its consistency and Lallana its pace. Obviously there are plenty of others missing more than one component

Obviousbbaitait M. Modo nonviolence it s. Obvious.

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-t-1.gif

He's clearly a very clever footballer. Imagine how good he'd have looked last year with Suarez and Sturridge making runs in front of him?

I think he's unfortunately been sacrificed in favour of blokes who can run with it (Henderson, etc) because there's not enough pace or direct running in the side.

If we get Sturridge back, then I'd expect to see him play and link up well with him.

He was a breath of fresh air in that first half on Sunday.

I thought his pressing was fantastic. I knew he was a very skillful player; but was surprised with his defensive work as well.

I thought he was an inspired buy. Skillful, technically good and very intelligent - an ideal addition to the team. The other signings were contentious in varying degrees but I couldn't see any problem with the pursuit of him. Pity he was injured at the start and then picked up the rib problem, but Rodgers didn't help himself with his vague explanation of why he subbed him at the weekend:

"With Adam, we just felt we needed something more through the middle. I thought Adam did well, but I felt we needed some presence and to slightly adapt the system."

He's clearly a very clever footballer. Imagine how good he'd have looked last year with Suarez and Sturridge making runs in front of him?

I think he's unfortunately been sacrificed in favour of blokes who can run with it (Henderson, etc) because there's not enough pace or direct running in the side.

If we get Sturridge back, then I'd expect to see him play and link up well with him.

He was a breath of fresh air in that first half on Sunday.

He defended like a breath of fresh air when he stood aimlessly beside Joe Allen when he got dicked by Valencia

Hes not 100% fit and he runs himself into the ground, if he had an extra yard of pace he would be a very special player. It seems like all our players are missing 1 key component to make them genuinely top quality, Sturridge has no durability, with Sterling its composure, with Coutinho its consistency and Lallana its pace. Obviously there are plenty of others missing more than one component

This is the part that's impressed me.

I was surprised by it a few months ago and mentioned that maybe Rodgers had, in fact, bought someone to replace one of Suarez's qualities - constant pressing. He chases hard and often; plenty of commentators last season said he couldn't last more than 65 minutes which I thought must have meant he was a poor trainer. I think the reality is somewhat different.

He's almost magical the way he can get himself out of really tight areas - just very good, quick feet.

Ryan mentioned the option of him linking up with Sturridge and, I've got to say, I'm keen to see that happen. The one thing I'm a bit unsure of is him seeing those sort of passes. He's had two or three chances to play Sterling in for a one on one in the last few weeks and he hasn't even attempted it - certainly pissed Raheem off on a couple of them as well. I hope that doesn't prove to be an issue when Sturridge is back. To be fair he's spotted Lambert several times so he can clearly do it.

Well the first half against United proved that is a lie.

And the performance against Bournemouth, it's dumb to suggest that good players can't play together, the idea of him, in tandem with Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge, with the option of Markovic thrown into the mix, is starting to look mouthwatering. Sometimes it takes a while for new set ups to get going, and it hasn't helped that we haven't had a "proper" striker who's similar to Sturridge/Suarez to call upon, but with the right threat up top, Lallana and Coutinho can prove to be a nightmare for any opposition.

It's not rocket science to work out why two play makers who are fantastic on and off the ball and whom can thread a pass, have looked shite when their only outlets have been Lambert and Balofuckingtelli.

So am I right in thinking we're still just a world class keeper, CB, DM and striker away from the title?

I think he could be very good for us, he's still nowhere near the level he was at southampton yet though, injuries or no injuries.

I like him for the way Tony Pulis pronounced his name on 5Live the other night. Alan Green is a fat, smug, know-nothing cunt though.

We've thrown enough money at the CB position. I reckon if the defenders were better coached, we had a confident GK and the midfield wasn't so lightweight, we'd be fine defensively.

Certainly a top class GK (who is the next Courtouis/De Gea?), an imposing DM (if Can not ready?) and a world class forward (would love Benzema) would have us challenging next year. I think the squad is actually stronger than last year, I really don't want us chopping and changing much. Just 2 or 3 additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom