• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Last signing that really excited you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
When we signed Litmanen I remember leaping off the sofa at my gf's parents' house in Milan. Much to their consternation. When re-signed God I was ridiculously excited.
In recent years I can't think of one signing that has got me like that. Maybe I'm just too old to care anymore.
Anyone have memories of leaping in the air when we signed someone?

Yah resigning God was great ... I don't really get that excited, but for some reason I feel like Naby will get me excited - feel like when we sign him, it will usher in a new era here.

Torres signing had me buzzing. I had only seen him in a few games for Spain and he just seemed too good to join us at the time in my mind.

I was very excited about signing Nicolas Anelka too as he was such a respected name at Arsenal during those years when I was hugely obsessed with football. I'm not sure anyone has really had me hugely excited since Torres. I am less excited when I know a player well, so the likes of Lallana, Mane etc. in recent years were ones I was really up for, but not really with levels of excitement.

Suarez, but still reeling from the shock of Torres leaving, it was hard to be truly ecstatic.

Before that Torres. Kewell.

Coutinho loved him since day 1
Sturridge too.

Probably Kewell before that.

Probably Suarez, before that Torres, Babel, Alonso and Garica, oh and I nearly wet the bed over Mark Gonzalez. I rarely get excited over signings these days, however if we were to sign Keita, that would get me going.

I've been too negative in recent years. I tend to get excited by players I've bought on fifa or pro evo.

So babel and Coutinho I guess

Fowler
Kewell
Collymore

I wasn't excited about Coutinho but tipped him for greatness very early on.

On a side note I just watched the goal rush from 06/07 fuck me Peter Crouch scored a lot of brilliant goals.

Actually Morientes (even though I knew he was approaching his final days) had me proper buzzing. He was one of those players I just always thought of as being top tier.

Fowler 2
Torres
Suarez

I'd like to say Jari, but I didn;t realize how brilliant he was for a few games. Still one of my favorite players, from the Hou era, and he barely got a game.

Surarez
Torres
Kewell
Collymore

God returning aswell obviously. We were at his first game back at Anfield against Birimingham.
He scored a goal that was disallowed. Things got fucking insane in the stands for a short while before we saw the lino's flag.

Who would you sign from Fifa now ?
I've bought asensio and he's been a bitter disappointment.

Dahoud has been a beast in midfield for me, and zouma a rock at the back.

I also bought embolo and mbappe because I'm a sucker for flavour of the months

Houllier's first batch of signings was the one. I'd grown accustomed to things like who the fuck is Sean Dundee. Then Houllier took over gave the impression he knew about foreign players, and rolled out Smicer, Camara, Hyypia, Westerveld, Hamann, et al. I was pretty excited for that season, at how sexy and foreign the team was looking. Then reality hit, and every signing since has been viewed as a default cunt until proven innocent.

Torres, he was a bit of a surprise out of the blue at the time....

Suarez wasnt really as big a coup at the time as he hadnt been playing in the big leagues....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom