• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lazar Markovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Chelsea yet again pick up another excellent young talent. Their scouting system and ability to pay top dollar is what will ensure this team is strong well past the stage Roman gets disinterested. City really should be doing this more -

Chelsea have long been linked with the Serbia international midfielder, and the teenager enjoyed a tour of Stamford Bridge earlier this year when he held talks, although he insisted at the time he had not agreed a deal with the Blues.

Then a few weeks ago it emerged that Benfica were favourites for his signature and he looked set to seal a switch to the Estadio da Luz.

And while Markovic does appear set to sign for Benfica, according to Partizan president Dragan Djuric it will actually be via Chelsea.

Djuric says the Premier League club plan on loaning Markovic - who he says they already own - to Benfica for two seasons, but he hopes that Partizan may get him back at some point.

"It is true, Chelsea will send Markovic out on a loan for two years," Djuric told Sportski Zurnal.
"But I really hope that Chelsea and Benfica will not come to agreement so Markovic will stay with us for at least the next six months."

Chelsea do have a history of loaning out foreign talent abroad before bringing them back to Stamford Bridge.

Brazilian Alex spent a number of years in Holland before making the move to Chelsea, while more recently the likes of Kevin De Bruyne, Thibaut Courtois, Wallace and Ulises Davila have all been loaned out before playing for the club.

Benfica claim they have signed Serbian starlet Lazar Markovic from Partizan Belgrade on a permanent basis.
Markovic has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea with Partizan claiming they had sold the player to Chelsea and that they were then loaning him to Benfica for two seasons.
However, Benfica claim they have signed the 19-year-old on a five-year deal and that Chelsea have no involvement in the transfer at all
"Serbian winger Markovic signed with Benfica for five seasons," read a Benfica statement.
Highly-rated attacker Markovic is relishing joining Benfica feeling they will suit his style of football.
"Benfica play very attacking football that fits nicely with my characteristics," said Markovic.
"I come from a winning team and this style of play, always looking for goals and victories, fits me."
"I know we will play in the Champions League so I am very motivated."

all a bit strange . So who owns this lad ?

Probably pushes Oscar Cardozo closer to the exit door, esp. after his outburst with Jorge Jesus. Won't be surprised if there's some kind of clause involved, such as Chelsea paying part of the fee and having 1st option in him etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom