• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leipzig at home in Budapest CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Didnt see a thread yet on what probably is the biggest game so far this season now. If we go out of the tournament tomorrow, then we can just pack our bags and wait for the 21/22 train.

2-0 lead but facing a team in great form and who will be attacking us from the start.
Not only qualification to the next round at risk here, but we get nearly 11 mill £ for going through.
We need all the money we can get from these last rounds...

Not sure how we should line up, but:

Alisson

Trent Fabinho Kabak Robertson

Keita Gini Thiago

Mane Salah Jota

Thought Keita looked good against Fulham, in parts, and we can use his energy and ability on the ball against Leipzigs midfield. Jones will be a very good option of the bench.
Hopefully Jota can start his second game in short time, but I can see Klopp going for Firmino.
Just think that front three with creative midfielders behind them will get us chances against a Leipzig team that will be going forward with higher risk than last time.

Hopefully they'll gift us a couple of goals like they did last time. It should help that they have to come forward and not sit back like the teams we play in the league which we can't overcome.

That gobby wee shite of a left back that used to play for Man City is out as well.

So along with this not being an Anfield, I'm feeling slightly positive.

A blessing in disguise.

I wish we had a kid who could 'take his chance' - you know, how shaggy, god etc took their chances ...

I'd almost be tempted to go with:

Mane Salah
Ox
Jones Gini Thiago

And just tell Ox, "listen buddy, this is your last chance to be a Red ... Drive forward like you did before that injury against Roma, and if you get a shot, fucking take it"

I wish we had a kid who could 'take his chance' - you know, how shaggy, god etc took their chances ...

I'd almost be tempted to go with:

Mane Salah
Ox
Jones Gini Thiago

And just tell Ox, "listen buddy, this is your last chance to be a Red ... Drive forward like you did before that injury against Roma, and if you get a shot, fucking take it"

Fuck Ox and the ox he rode in on.

Last edited:
I can't remember who mentioned it first (I assume Rurik) but I might be tempted to give Curtis a try in the false nine spot, with Jota and Mane either side of him. I don't know why, considering how many goals he scores, but I have this impulse that Salah should come out of the team and Mane be tried back on the right. Makes no sense. But there you go.

I can't remember who mentioned it first (I assume Rurik) but I might be tempted to give Curtis a try in the false nine spot, with Jota and Mane either side of him. I don't know why, considering how many goals he scores, but I have this impulse that Salah should come out of the team and Mane be tried back on the right. Makes no sense. But there you go.

Put Salah in the middle, and Mane on the right.

Nice, so our 2-0 is two away goals. Full strength surely - our 'normal' formation/system hasn't been found out in the CL like it has in the PL so probably safe to continue. CB partnership is a lottery, but i'd really hope we see Fabinho in the middle. With such a strong midfield I really think we can worry less about the defence, as long as we remain a threat ourselves going forwards.

----------------Alisson---------------
Trent--Phillips--Williams--Robbo
-----------Fabs-----Gini--------------
----------------Keita------------------- or Jones
-----Salah----Jota------Mane------

What I want to see, cause fuck it:

Alisson

Trent
Davies
Kabak
Robbo

Fabinho
Thiago
Keita

Salah
Jota
Mane

Davies & Kabak both injured I thought? would be great to see at least one of them back.

Nice, so our 2-0 is two away goals. Full strength surely - our 'normal' formation/system hasn't been found out in the CL like it has in the PL so probably safe to continue. CB partnership is a lottery, but i'd really hope we see Fabinho in the middle. With such a strong midfield I really think we can worry less about the defence, as long as we remain a threat ourselves going forwards.

----------------Alisson---------------
Trent--Phillips--Williams--Robbo
-----------Fabs-----Gini--------------
----------------Keita------------------- or Jones
-----Salah----Jota------Mane------
I'm absolutely certain that we'll see the best of Thiago when Fabs is in midfield.

I wanted this to go to "away goals" for the fun of it ... but then the only way away goals can some into play is in Leipzig's interest, so I don't

I want another team who plays home & away at a neutral venue to get knocked out on "away goals"

Are they? well damn. I guess Fabs in defence again.
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Jordan Henderson{/td}
{td}Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 26: "Had a corrective procedure carried out on the adductor injury. He will begin a rehab immediately. He is ruled out initially until after the March Int' break."{/td}
{td}10/04/2021{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Roberto Firmino{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Knock{/td}
{td}10/03/2021{/td}
{td}Currently Being Assessed{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joel Matip{/td}
{td}Ankle/Foot Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 01: "Unfortunately, we found out now that Joel will be out for the rest of the season."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Joe Gomez{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Nov 12: "No timescale is being placed upon his return, though the issue is likely to rule him out for a significant part of the remainder of 2020-21."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Caoimhin Kelleher{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Knock{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ozan Kabak{/td}
{td}Other{/td}
{td}Mar 05: "Ozan had yesterday after the game a little problem. We will see if he is ready for Fulham, but it doesn't look like in the moment, so we will have to find solutions."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled Out{/td}
{td}TRACK {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Virgil van Dijk{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Feb 02: "Nobody really told me there's a chance for Virgil to play in this season again. I don't want to say that's absolutely impossible but it's not likely."{/td}
{td}No Return Date{/td}
{td}None{/td}
{td}Ruled O{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Why are people not having Jones in their 11?

He’s got to play!

For me it was seeing him icing his shins and thinking he might need a rest - we are 2-0 up and have Keita back. My first XI would be Fabs, Naby & Jones in midfield at present anyway. Just had the idea of him being injured and out for the rest of the campaign.

Jones is a young kid, and we should not overplay him in his breakout season.
He's a great option to come off the bench when we can have some fresh legs running and that defence.

If Keita starts he comes off injured you know the drill.

Anyway we're winning this, I had a dream we won the cl and we all celebrated on a field in march for some reason

If Keita starts he comes off injured you know the drill.

Anyway we're winning this, I had a dream we won the cl and we all celebrated on a field in march for some reason

Did that dream include Everton coming 4th and Spurs winning the Europa cup ? - because that would be sweet justice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom