• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lessons from this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
1. Teams overload us on the Right where Trent is, and Klopp has to try to counter that better
2. Salah was sensational up until Feb, then all the energy went out of him, and our options on the Right with pace is limited
3. Fabs and Thiago were brilliant as a pair but our MF lacked any pace through the middle unless one of the CBs made a darting run. Keita correct me if I am wrong, but he seldom made 40 yard darting runs
4. Competing for 4 comps may not be possible and priority should be given to league and CL

1. Sign RB competition for Trent
  2. Sign a KDB-type CM with drive and pace and quality.
  3. Sign a Touchameni type with power and drive from CM.
  4. Sign RW competition for Salah.
  5. Sack off Keita and AOC.
  6. Competing on 4 fronts is fine.

We don’t need pace in central midfield - we need speed of thought, creativity and discipline.

Eh, competing for four competitions was evidently possible, what are you on about?
The PL decided to put the FA Cup final not at the end of the season but with the final game to go. RM could rotate players, as La Liga has become a Farmer's League and they had won it at a cantor

We don’t need pace in central midfield - we need speed of thought, creativity and discipline.

Madrids midfield is older and slower than ours, it does feel like we need another gear in midfield at times but not taking our chances hurts us more than a lack of rampaging midfielders

Madrids midfield is older and slower than ours, it does feel like we need another gear in midfield at times but not taking our chances hurts us more than a lack of rampaging midfielders

But surely it’s another gear than pace - when every team we play parks 2 banks of four at the edge of the box, pace through the middle from midfield is largely irrelevant - unless it’s to get back to defend counter attacks.

Neither Thiago or Fabinho are fast - because they don’t need to.

I Thiago’s case, it’s how fast and accurately he moves the ball on.

We need options - someone who can pass like Thiago, but from the right, someone more consistent than Kieta to carry the ball and commit opposition defenders, someone who can run from deep and appear in the box creating havoc.

I dunno - but more and more teams are going to play deep, narrow and compact against us and try to hit us on the counter - we need to find ways to break them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom