• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lil Jay - Lucaslike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Last nights performance, he racked up some decent stats without being particularly good.

Tackles - 3
Interceptions -5
Passing accuracy -84%

He did okay, but his positioning was poor at times. Particularly in the first half. He also let his man go once or twice.

Stats don't pick that kind of stuff up.

I thought he was ok. I dont mind him at all.
He is fucking miles from being Wonderman though. Hes not even 'and awesomeboy'

Yeah I've been impressed with him under Kenny. The red card was harsh, but I can see why it was given. Sort of.

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=47808.msg1438953#msg1438953 date=1323163604]
Yeah I've been impressed with him under Kenny. The red card was harsh, but I can see why it was given. Sort of.
[/quote]

Based on the other decisions made by this ref, it was a certain red... However it was a clean neat tackle which the other guy cocked up so it was not even a fucking free kick.

If refs are to give a straight red, they should have done when Hendo got stamped last weekend.

I've championed the lad in the past when he was generally perceived as too small etc.

But...I'm beginning to think he'll not be good enough to start for us (or fill in when Lucas is out). I thought he looked a bit out of his depth last night and was brushed off the ball too easily at times. His short passing was fine but he telegraphed nearly every forward pass he tried and consequently was intercepted regularly. Maybe it's harsh to judge him against a matured Lucas but he looked much less mobile with less quality and intelligence.

I think we should be in for a DM in january else we'll struggle to maintain any kind of challenge to the top four. Obviously Gerrard could do an excellent there but it seems he's likely to be in and out of the side due to injury.

The problem is he is never going to get the game-time to materialise into the average footballer we all know he could be.

However I do think buying another CM this window is a waste of time, because this season is already a write-off as far as the CL is concerned and we've got Lucas coming back, who has proven he's good enough, IMO, and Henderson and Shelvey needing game time. I'd sooner let them get some experience and buy a player with goals in them. I'd use the time from January onwards to allow them to adapt to the Premier League so they're ready for next year.

An established DM can be bought in the summer if needed.

That Red Card will be recinded, he won the ball fairly and the follow through was as he slipped....

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47808.msg1439041#msg1439041 date=1323170881]
That Red Card will be recinded, he won the ball fairly and the follow through was as he slipped....
[/quote]

It will be argued that he "slipped" because the tackle was lacking in control, therefore reckless, and therefore a possible cause of a long-term injury.

I don't think he stands a chance.

I was going to comment on this subject but didn't want to start a new thread on it.

I thought Jay was pretty good and I've liked him a lot for a couple of years. His aggression and bite in the tackle is something I've often said I'd like to see a little more of in Lucas. He's also got good acceleration which helps him.

That said, Fullham was about as open a game as I've seen from us all season. It was almost like a shootout which always made me feel that we should win but could easily lose.

I don't know if that was due to Lucas not being there to try and tighten up the midfield or not but It was pretty obvious that Fullham were taking a number of shots from areas that Lucas is generally covering. They had too much time just outside our area and that hasn't been happening for some time.

All that said I think Spearing will be good. The red card (I don't see it being rescinded even though I thought it was a woeful decision) is going to hurt him. He hasn't played much and needs some game time to get his feet. Once he's had a few games we'll see a better player with better timing. I don't think he's ever going to get close to the all round game Lucas has been showing but he can be a little more in the mould of Mascher with some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom