• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been dreaming of the perfect sequel to this match

Its early April as Liverpool travel to the Etihad. Liverpool, distracted somewhat by their epic Champions League campaign, have seen their Christmas lead of 12 points whittled down to just 7 by a City side, determined to make up for their unexpected defeat by Valencia in the CL round of 16, with a run at the premier league title - a run aided by their early demise in the FA Cup (3rd round defeat to Accrington Stanley) and bowing out of the League Cup in December.

A win for City would blow the title race wide open again, while a win for Liverpool would effectively hand them the elusive 19th title.

Its a chess game of a match with both teams having spells of pressure, but overall defences on top. As we enter injury time a cross into the box from Trent appears to strike the hand of Benjamin Mendy, Bobby Firmino leads the protests to the ref, who waves play on. In the turmoil that follows City break to the far end, Sterling puts in a low cross that is half cleared, only for Fernandinho to pick it up on 30 yards and rifle a a hard shot into the top left corner of Alisson's net.

Bedlam ensues as City fans, players and staff celebrate wildly. As the celebrations die down and the players walk back to the centre circle the referee puts his finger to his ear as he receives a message from Stoakley Park - and then signals the City goal is ruled out and Liverpool awarded a penalty instead. James Milner, who only came on as a sub in the 85th minute, duly dispatches the penalty and Liverpool win 1-0

Guardiola explodes

I just came.

I do not know how many times I have watched this!
2 crosses, one header. Wow. Amazing!

The move’s reminiscent of those early football PC games (90s?) where you can do a banana kick simply by pressing and holding down your arrow keys for a pass/shot. Don't even remember the name of the game. But i would spend hours bullying the comp.

They don't score goals like that anymore.

The move’s reminiscent of those early football PC games (90s?) where you can do a banana kick simply by pressing and holding down your arrow keys for a pass/shot. Don't even remember the name of the game. But i would spend hours bullying the comp.

They don't score goals like that anymore.

No computer game I've ever played has the imagination or the audacity to recreate goals like that.

When you press pass it usually goes to one the nearest 4 to 5 players. It does not fly across the field perfectly into space for your fellow fullback, then loop in a magical arc, evading all defenders before bouncing on the penalty spot and back right onto the cushioned head of your onrushing striker.

That goal is the stud of fantasy. My computer is too realistic to let you score goals like that.

No computer game I've ever played has the imagination or the audacity to recreate goals like that.

When you press pass it usually goes to one the nearest 4 to 5 players. It does not fly across the field perfectly into space for your fellow fullback, then loop in a magical arc, evading all defenders before bouncing on the penalty spot and back right onto the cushioned head of your onrushing striker.

That goal is the stud of fantasy. My computer is too realistic to let you score goals like that.

That's cos you probably grew up during the sky generation, where console games try to make things look as realistic as possible.

I'm taking about the 90s where PC games on diskettes and CDs were the rage and I'm pretty sure there's this football game that allows u to conjure that move. Just can't remember it's name !

And you obviously never played Virtua Striker on an arcade machine. That Salah goal was my signature cheat code move that would enable me to dominate everyone with a single token.

Me olde friend, I am no millennial seeking likes. I was honestly and genuinely amazed with that beautiful goal. So simple yet so effective. Could only be executed by great technicians! Love it.
It was literally kick, kick, head, GOAL. Of course with great running.

The second angle in that video highlights how well Salah timed and bent his run. It really was perfectly executed.

Reactions: Y1
77681105_428132938108946_6588799957451407360_n.mp4

Sorry, I cannot paste this video...
The more I see it, the more boom boom boom it is for me! BOOM!

Last edited:
75580441_3015331798496399_8043132341222113280_n.jpg

Tim Sherwood is one of the all-time thickest, most annoying, useless shit-cunts to have ever been a football manager.

Quite an achievement really, given the likes of Pardew, Allardyce and Neil Warnock exist
You're talking about the genius that gave us the sheer cringe mastery of the pitch-side salute – here illustrated by the haunting incredulity of John O'Shea.

DC6F4F03641065057776302235648_19c162b632d.4.7.2823993817054516433.mp4

Hahahahahaha! I know all clubs have managers that they're embarrassed to remember - and we've had one or two - but that fucking halfwitted walking cliche clown motherfucker actually managed Spurs!

Can you imagine?

Hahahahahaha! I know all clubs have managers that they're embarrassed to remember - and we've had one or two - but that fucking halfwitted walking cliche clown motherfucker actually managed Spurs!

Can you imagine?
Yes - Spurs have had all sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom