• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Close in on £7M Bundesliga Star Winger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the Polish James Milner. Is he really better than Yossi and Dirk, or would he actually be coming as a replacement for Degen?

You'll have to trust me on this one guys, this guy could be amazing. I've seen him on quite a few occasions and have been impressed everytime. He is exactly what we need, he can play wide right but he can also play off Torres in the Dalglish role.

He reminds me a bit of Silva in that he has no great pace (although he's no slouch), he can beat players with ease and I reckon in a good team his goal tally will improve considerably.

The only 2 issues that concern me are the fee and his injury record. I would have thought he would be in the £15m bracket.

Pesam is right, he's a great prospect. I think Oncy is a fan too if I remember correctly.

I'd love to see him here. It's funny that so many in this thread are judging him by the pricetag.

If he can get fit, 7 million will be a steal.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32927.msg849218#msg849218 date=1240298358]
You'll have to trust me on this one guys, this guy could be amazing. I've seen him on quite a few occasions and have been impressed everytime. He is exactly what we need, he can play wide right but he can also play off Torres in the Dalglish role.

He reminds me a bit of Silva in that he has no great pace (although he's no slouch), he can beat players with ease and I reckon in a good team his goal tally will improve considerably.

The only 2 issues that concern me are the fee and his injury record. I would have thought he would be in the £15m bracket.
[/quote]
I think you are wrong.

I always get the impression that he is very pacy. Would be amongst the fastest in the team if he joined us. He's not a fantastic dribbler, but he uses his pace very well..

I saw a few Dortmund games earlier in the season just to watch this guy play..

He's very good to have for counter-attacking as he's lightning without the ball.. he's also pretty quick with the ball..

Wouldn't be the difference between us finishing second and winning the league though..

[quote author=moondog link=topic=32927.msg849230#msg849230 date=1240300686]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32927.msg849218#msg849218 date=1240298358]

[/quote]
I think you are wrong.

I always get the impression that he is very pacy. Would be amongst the fastest in the team if he joined us. He's not a fantastic dribbler, but he uses his pace very well..

I saw a few Dortmund games earlier in the season just to watch this guy play..

He's very good to have for counter-attacking as he's lightning without the ball.. he's also pretty quick with the ball..

Wouldn't be the difference between us finishing second and winning the league though..
[/quote]

Rubbish. He's an excellent dribbler and he wouldn't be the fastest player on the team - Torres is quicker. And finally, he could very well be the difference between us coming second and winning the league.

[quote author=Mamma Mia link=topic=32927.msg849219#msg849219 date=1240298849]
Pesam is right, he's a great prospect. I think Oncy is a fan too if I remember correctly.

I'd love to see him here. It's funny that so many in this thread are judging him by the pricetag.

[/quote]

I know absolutely nothing about this player. You may be right and he may turn out to be a steal. a lot of us thought the same about albert after his first few games, myself included. But in the vast majority of cases, you do get what you pay for. Look at our history with low to mid price players. Cheyrou, diao, albert, benny, lucas, sissoko etc etc etc. It's not often you pay a smallish fee and get a real quality player. Having said that, a high fee is no guarantee of quality, but you are much more likely to get top quality if you pay for already proven players. I guess it comes down to what we want. I desperately want quality over quantity now. I'd rather blow the kitty on two fantastic signings than four goodish ones. Our wings are priority now and I feel that we can't compromise. Top quality wingers will win us the league next season, if we don't get it this season, that is.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=32927.msg849170#msg849170 date=1240266925]
[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=32927.msg849076#msg849076 date=1240260424]
Brendan will be thinking of nicknames as we speak. Kuba-stard?
[/quote]

Well seeing as every Liverpool fan'll call him Blassy, I'd guess Plassy-winger.
[/quote]

Kooba-stank, if he's shite.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=32927.msg849256#msg849256 date=1240303673]

[/quote]

I know absolutely nothing about this player. You may be right and he may turn out to be a steal. a lot of us thought the same about albert after his first few games, myself included. But in the vast majority of cases, you do get what you pay for. Look at our history with low to mid price players. Cheyrou, diao, albert, benny, lucas, sissoko etc etc etc. It's not often you pay a smallish fee and get a real quality player. Having said that, a high fee is no guarantee of quality, but you are much more likely to get top quality if you pay for already proven players. I guess it comes down to what we want. I desperately want quality over quantity now. I'd rather blow the kitty on two fantastic signings than four goodish ones. Our wings are priority now and I feel that we can't compromise. Top quality wingers will win us the league next season, if we don't get it this season, that is.
[/quote]

Riera hasn't been worse than he was before joining us. He is what he was.

If Kuba joins us for 7 mill and 'doesn't get any worse', it will be a steal.

I know nothing other than he was completely anonymous when he came on for Poland against Norn Iron at Windsor Pk.

Then again, so was Rooney a few years back. Sign.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=32927.msg849324#msg849324 date=1240309554]
I know nothing other than he was completely anonymous when he came on for Poland against Norn Iron at Windsor Pk.

[/quote]

In fairness to him Doc he was not 100% fit having being out injured for three months and they only brought him on for the last 20 minutes because Norn Iron were winning comfortably.

If my memory serves me right he was MoM when Poland played Rep of Ireland in a friendly earlier in the season at Croke Park.

It seems to me that if the headline read "Liverpool Close in on £17M Bundesliga Star Winger" then a lot more people would be more enthused by the prospect of Kuba signing.

[quote author=the count link=topic=32927.msg849343#msg849343 date=1240311145]
If my memory serves me right he was MoM when Poland played Rep of Ireland in a friendly earlier in the season at Croke Park.

It seems to me that if the headline read "Liverpool Close in on £17M Bundesliga Star Winger" then a lot more people would be more enthused by the prospect of Kuba signing.
[/quote]

There's *some* truth to that. There's more truth to the idea that people would be enthused if his goal tally read 24 instead of 4.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=32927.msg849348#msg849348 date=1240311564]

There's *some* truth to that. There's more truth to the idea that people would be enthused if his goal tally read 24 instead of 4.

[/quote]

I totally agree and I am not particularly trying to champion his cause but do you think that the majority of people on here who wrote him off did so because of his price tag or because the were familiar with his goals scored stats?

[quote author=the count link=topic=32927.msg849343#msg849343 date=1240311145]

[/quote]

He looked superb against Ireland but it must be remembered he was being marked by Kevin Kilbane. Your other point about about more interest by Reds fans if his fee was higher is very true.

Heh, quite.

Plus it is surely more likely that for £17m you'd get a better class of winger compared to a £7m winger (cf Riera, Tennants).

Joe Cole, Vidic, Cahill, Arteta, Agger, Skrtel, Jagielka, Tuncay etc all cost less than £7m, it can be done and Blaszcowski could be another cut price bargain.

[quote author=Mamma Mia link=topic=32927.msg849318#msg849318 date=1240308679]
[quote author=foureyes link=topic=32927.msg849256#msg849256 date=1240303673]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Riera hasn't been worse than he was before joining us. He is what he was.

If Kuba joins us for 7 mill and 'doesn't get any worse', it will be a steal.
[/quote]

In today's market, if he really is that good, why is he so cheap? His injury record? It's not as though he plays in some obscure league and so is 'undiscovered'.

Is he anywhere near as good as silva? It's players of silva's level that I would rather have, even if it means blowing most of the kitty.

He's a different player to Silva. I'd compare him with Lennon, only better in my opinion.

This is just a rumour so I can't comment on why only 7 mill. See Pesam's list of wingers bought at that price though.

Then consider what we paid for Sami. Or what Bayern paid for the pig mounter.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32927.msg849375#msg849375 date=1240313154]
Joe Cole, Vidic, Cahill, Arteta, Agger, Skrtel, Jagielka, Tuncay etc all cost less than £7m, it can be done and Blaszcowski could be another cut price bargain.
[/quote]

Van Persie cost 2,75 mill and Adebayor 7 mill.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=32927.msg849457#msg849457 date=1240319721]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=32927.msg849375#msg849375 date=1240313154]
[/quote]

Van Persie cost 2,75 mill and Adebayor 7 mill.
[/quote]

Yup, there's plenty of evidence to show that if we get Kuba for £7m the inexpensive price tag should not be a consideration.

[quote author=Mamma Mia link=topic=32927.msg849450#msg849450 date=1240319220]
He's a different player to Silva. I'd compare him with Lennon, only better in my opinion.

This is just a rumour so I can't comment on why only 7 mill. See Pesam's list of wingers bought at that price though.

Then consider what we paid for Sami. Or what Bayern paid for the pig mounter.
[/quote]

I am not denying that there are players out there that can be had for a smallish sum who turn out to be great players. But the vast majority of 7mill rated players will turn out to be just that. If we do buy the guy and we have got a bargain who turns out to be a real star, fantastic, but it's much less likely than him being another average to good (7mill) player. It's much more likely that we will get a star if we pay for one. now if we all feel that we have time to keep buying mid priced players in the hope that they will set the world alight, that's fine, as I'm sure one day we'll unearth one. But please take into account that you can bet you bottom dollar that manu will be adding more top quality additions to an already superior squad this summer. If this lad turns out to be just £7 mill worth of talent, we fall behind. If we spend a wad on silva, for example, it's a damn sight more likely that we will have a top performer on our hands so we can keep up with and hopefully overtake manu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom