• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Leeds Match Thread (League Cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Origi with a great run from deep, but seemed to have run out of gas and allowed the Leeds player to catch up to him at the end and then fell. Should have passed the ball when he had the chance.

It's not been the best of halves. Gino doesn't look at his best in the front 3 but had our best chance.

Can a bit like a headless chicken but in the right places. The two youngsters impressing. Everyone else a bit meh.

Hope to see Woodburn and Grujic at some point in the second half.

Pretty good half considering our side isn't used to playing together & there's is. Plus ours is pretty young.

Need to create a few more chances though.

I saw finally, Gini tried a through ball in the last few minutes of the half. Was cut out, but we need more of those second half, expose that high line with the amount of pace we have upfront.

• Ovvie looks class, but slipping a lot.
  • Disappointed with our front 3
  • Ref has missed two rather blatant fouls on our players - Boukari (sp?) elbow in Moreno's back to win his team a corner, and the foul on Origi on that run - he pulled him back, and that's all he needed to slow him down (yellow).
  • Can ... yet again ... seems too slow on the ball ...

Well that was wank.
Can and Wijnaldum not imposing themselves on the game.
Mane running up blind alleys.
Origi coming too deep because a lack of service.
Ejaria looks a real talent though.
The only real bright spark so far.
Much improvement needed.

Midfield needs to change a bit, Stewart is too conservative with the ball, so him Klavan and Lucas are just too predictable and it's slowing everything down, it's all sideways passing then getting the ball out wide too late, allowing Leeds to get their shape back.

Can has been poor higher up the pitch, he might be everywhere but he's not good enough as an outlet because he's too sluggish. Him or Stewart need to make way, drop Winaldum in deeper because he's similarly too one paced, get someone else up there with a bit of tenacity, even if it's Milner, at least he will be more direct and decisive with the ball.

Well that was wank.
Can and Wijnaldum not imposing themselves on the game.
Mane running up blind alleys.
Origi coming too deep because a lack of service.
Ejaria looks a real talent though.
The only real bright spark so far.
Much improvement needed.
It was not wank...

Can and Wijnaldum have been far more energetic than usual and covered lots of ground but to little effect so far. Not too disappointed with the possession/attitude but no real cutting edge. Great half by Ejaria and AA got better-and-better as the half went on.

Origi & Ejarie seemed to swap position the last few minutes of that half. Anyone else notice that?

I wonder if that was a tactic or just on the fly.

75% possession. We won the passing!

At least Can is trying. What did Wijnaldum do in that half?

Really disappointed with the front three for the most part there. Ejaria looks most likely to make something happen, which is great in terms of his promise but the front three need to be doing more.

Really disappointed with the front three for the most part there. Ejaria looks most likely to make something happen, which is great in terms of his promise but the front three need to be doing more.
Yeah he always seems to get a free ride.
He's too fucking stiff.
A 25 million international needs to impose himself more than he does on a football pitch.

There's no real subtlety between the three of them, they're all pretty direct, well Mane and Origi are, but we've lost Firmino and Coutinho from the front three and suddenly it all looks predictable.

Wijnalbum strikes me as one of those players who's a realiable cog in a side operating at full throttle, but less so in a side that's lacking an edge. You can't exactly look to him to provide that bit of magic, either in a pass or a goal.

There's no real subtlety between the three of them, they're all pretty direct, well Mane and Origi are, but we've lost Firmino and Coutinho from the front three and suddenly it all looks predictable.

Wijnalbum strikes me as one of those players who's a realiable cog in a side operating at full throttle, but less so in a side that's lacking an edge. You can't exactly look to him to provide that bit of magic, either in a pass or a goal.
Switch Ovie and Gino in the second half?

As others have said, Can is very slow when releasing the ball. Really needs to speed it up a bit.

Do we really have a player in the youth ranks called Chuck Norris? Surely Jamie is on the wind up.

Wijnaldum is getting time to bed into the side, which is fine, but at the moment he's not looking like a player that scored 10 goals in a season and was described by his manager as so good he can play anywhere.

I don't know if it's a case of him playing within himself for whatever reason, Klopp's instructions or a combination of things but I'm hoping there is more to come from him.

Wijnaldum is getting time to bed into the side, which is fine, but at the moment he's not looking like a player that scored 10 goals in a season and was described by his manager as so good he can play anywhere.

I don't know if it's a case of him playing within himself for whatever reason, Klopp's instructions or a combination of things but I'm hoping there is more to come from him.

He's been very good so far this season though. Important part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom