• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if winning the game will cheer me up or piss me off more, given our performances against the weaker sides.

Thankfully I'm unlikely to find out.

Yeah Robbo needs a rest but it's hard to see when he's getting one

639233481fe8f5f73fbf8838a396df4d.jpg
All 7 of our CBs will be out injured and in medical recovery after those 4 games.

I dont know why people are talking about as if title is gone out of our reach. We just simply don't know how the season will unfold from here on. As we are dropping points against bottom 6, it is completely possible that City drop points against top 6. City look out of reach as of now but it might completely change as soon as CL starts.

We need to win this one and we are right in it, imo. Just imagine that scums somehow manage to get lucky ad manage fixing referees in every match, sneak ahead of City and Liverpool ... that will be such a disaster and unbearable for my small heart. We just need to hang in there and be in touch of top spot, grab it in case we get a chance.

I dont know why people are talking about as if title is gone out of our reach. We just simply don't know how the season will unfold from here on. As we are dropping points against bottom 6, it is completely possible that City drop points against top 6. City look out of reach as of now but it might completely change as soon as CL starts.

We need to win this one and we are right in it, imo. Just imagine that scums somehow manage to get lucky ad manage fixing referees in every match, sneak ahead of City and Liverpool ... that will be such a disaster and unbearable for my small heart. We just need to hang in there and be in touch of top spot, grab it in case we get a chance.

Don't think so, struggle for 4th is best we can hope for - maybe 3rd at best.

With 16 games to go it's a bit premature sure to be writing anyone off in my opinion.

In our case I think we should go with natural centre-backs at the earliest so we can move Henderson and Fabinho as soon as possible. The return of Jota cannot come to soon either.

Too many people extrapolate the final placings based on current form. If you did that in December you would have us winning the league by 30 points (as many on bluefume were doing); it is equally illogical to flip the other way round and call the opposite now.

#AllbowdowntoHal

We’re in for a whooping, brace yourselves.

#AllbowdowntoHal

Finally someone on my level.

I actually think that this year we're more suited to teams that have a go and come at us, so I suspect we will play better against City. I wouldn't bet on us getting a result, but neither would I be surprised if we did.

However, the league for us is done. Doneso. Dead. We just have to hope United don't spawn their way to the title with a little help from the officials

The league is gone, and we're currently in a fight for 3rd with Leicester.
It is what it is this season with the injuries we have, and the backlash for the last 3 years with heavy metal football.

Get CL, get the injured players back and then sign some new players this summer and revamp the squad. Title challenge 21/22.

The league is gone, and we're currently in a fight for 3rd with Leicester.
It is what it is this season with the injuries we have, and the backlash for the last 3 years with heavy metal football.

Get CL, get the injured players back and then sign some new players this summer and revamp the squad. Title challenge 21/22.

The only heavy metal for the last 12 months was seemingly in some players' boots.

City have a 7 point lead a game in hand and a better goal difference. To win it from here we would probably have to win 13 or 14 out of the last 16 games. Thats the position we are in. I dont see any way we will get close to that based on our current form, injury issues and strength of opposition.

After the Brighton game. If Mane's not back and with the way we are playing, we are truly fucked. And not the news I wanted to hear on Diogo either.

On how far away Sadio Mane and Diogo Jota are from returning...
Klopp : Diogo is – I don't know exactly – a couple of weeks, two, three, four. I'm not sure. And Sadio we will see. He might be available for the weekend, I don't know. He didn't train with the team today. We will see.

From Klopp's presser:

Alisson, Mane and Fabinho seem to be fine for Sunday. Kabak has recieved his international clearance and can play.
Could we see a debutant on Sunday? Would be excellent to get Henderson back in midfield.

This could be decent:

Alisson
Trent Fabinho Kabak Robertson
Henderson Thiago Gini
Salah Firmino Mane

---------------------Alisson------------------
--Trent-----Phillips-------Fabinho----Robertson
----------Henderson----------Thiago-------------
-----------------------Jones-----------------------------
---Salah------------Firmino----------Mane

Part of me thinks Wijnaldum needs to start against City, because his positional discipline and harassing will be important, however he looked tired and shit against Brighton. We're not in good enough form and do not have the energy to dictate this game. City will play through us with ease if we try and pin them back with half-arsed pressing. I'd be looking to drop Thiago a bit deeper, providing cover with Hendo for our CB's. We should aim to absorb what we can and break on the counter. Trent, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago can all execute accurate long balls, keep Salah and Mane high and wide and look to get in behind.

I guess if we don't win this game, we'll have to start hoping these cunts win the league over United?

Urgh.

Oh definitely! Apart United winning something, you don’t want their players to gain confidence and to be given patience by the fans at Old Trafford.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started to get good results playing in empty stadiums. They have talented players that wilted under the pressure of playing in front of supporters, and we want that to return when the fans are back.

Oh definitely! Apart United winning something, you don’t want their players to gain confidence and to be given patience by the fans at Old Trafford.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they started to get good results playing in empty stadiums. They have talented players that wilted under the pressure of playing in front of supporters, and we want that to return when the fans are back.

Don't we want them to win the league, so that they keep Ole around..? Isn't that the masterplan now?

I would be happy seeing two actual CBs playing at CB even if one is making his debut. Definitely more secure for set-pieces and an added threat when we have corners.

For me the game will be won or lost in midfield, at least get the best we have out there. They will do a great job shielding the defence and at the same time their energy will be needed to force turnovers.

We have to take a gamble somewhere, I'd rather it be with real CBs than weaken our midfield.

--------------------- Alisson------------------

--Trent-----Phillips------- Kabak ----Robertson

-------------------- Fabinho

----------- Hendo ----------Thiago-------------

---Salah------------Firmino----------Mane

Don't we want them to win the league, so that they keep Ole around..? Isn't that the masterplan now?

Not for me, mo chara (hope life's treating you well). I don't ever want them to win so much as a game of tiddlywinks, especially given that winning the title would put them 2 ahead of us again.

We haven't shown any signs of being able to put a proper run together unfortunately so whilst "anything can happen" you may as well be realistic.

Anyways, I'm expecting us to get thrashed so pretty low bar in terms of being happy with the result on Sunday.

City are missing both Aguero and De Bruyne so they will be heavily reliant on Sterling and Mahrez to provide some creative spark. Their midfield isnt as gung ho as some other top teams, in a lot of ways its similar to ours. Hardworking, built to retain the ball and provide a platform to their more dangerous attackers. Sterling and Mahrez will drop back to midfield to create overloads on one side and our FBs need to be careful not to get dragged out of position towards the centre of the park.

We wont have 70% posession here, or anything close to it, which suits our attackers in some ways because it means there is space in the opposition half as City will not play a low block. But we need to be much faster in transition from back to front. Id be very tempted to give Jones a start as both Milner and Gini looked dead after 60 mins against Brighton and he is a fresh pair of legs to bomb on and support the front 3. We also need Hendo back in midfield, ideally Fabinho too but that seems unlilely. If you attempt to press City in a half arsed manner they will pass rings around you. Hopefully Mané is back because we need his spikey combative energy. Shaq isnt the right player for this oneas he doesnt offer Robbo much cover.

------------------ Allison
Trent Fabinho Phillips Robbo
------Hendo Jones Thiago
Salah -------Firmino --------- Mané

Friday.

Klopp admitted he is unsure whether Kabak will start, but said both he and Davies were shown a "centre-half movie" on Thursday to outline Liverpool's defensive approach.
Asked if Kabak was ready to start, Klopp said: "I don't know. Our situation, we will see who can play again, who cannot, who should not or should play again. All these kind of things and then we'll see.
"In an ideal world you have a few weeks to work together on defensive things, especially organisation and all these kind of things. The boys now, Ben and Ozan, trained yesterday and had an analysis meeting where they got shown all the stuff we do usually, like a centre-half movie.
"So, today, proper session, tomorrow proper session, and then we'll see. I don't know yet."

City was a must-win game when we were still expecting to beat Brighton. So it's no longer really a must-win game. It doesn't matter in the great scheme of things.

City was a must-win game when we were still expecting to beat Brighton. So it's no longer really a must-win game. It doesn't matter in the great scheme of things.

Well, it kind of matters if we want to get CL football. That's far from sewn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom