• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

Endo has been the signing of the season.
Truly sensational and a key part of transforming our CM from last season to title contenders.

Yeah - He's ace. I've watched him closely this season and he is unbelievably good. I remember the day we signed him and the chirps coming at him from every fan (including our own) Now just look at him. Cho Sagoi yo!

Besides Rodri, who else out there in world football is better than Endo on his recent form?

Genuine question. I haven't been watching a lot of football besides ours and the guy is outstanding.
Rodri has been better?
I think that is fact now - since the Crystal Palace game - he went off and has come back as the most important midfielder in our team. He brings balance to that midfield, if he was available for that Arsenal away game - we don't lose that game. He schooled Rodri yesterday - just like he did in the World Cup last year.

Shame that Endo isnt 24-25 years old and could be here for 10 years. That said I bet he can play until he's 34-35 for us.

What a player. Love him.

Watched him at the Asian Cup and he was a shadow of his current self. He mostly laid in wait patrolling the 6 being very passive. He wasn't very effective as a result.

For us he is always front footed, always where the action is, pressing, tackling, winning the ball back and moving it on.

Heaven and earth what a coach does to a player.

It's been said a million times already but he definitely seemed like a really shitty consolation prize in the summer but what a signing he's turned out to be. Took a little while to settle and has been great ever since.

Macca has had some good games at DM but I think he's much better with Endo alongside him.

It's been said a million times already but he definitely seemed like a really shitty consolation prize in the summer but what a signing he's turned out to be. Took a little while to settle and has been great ever since.

Macca has had some good games at DM but I think he's much better with Endo alongside him.

They’ve been so good together

1710220458165.png

It still feels surreal that our 16M “journeyman” midfielder just went toe-to-toe with the best DM of last 5 years and more or less won the midfield battle.

Just goes to show, there is lots of value out there if you buy the right player, at the right time for the right system with the right coach.

Nobody had Endo on any list. What a star he has become.

In some ways it's hard to judge certain players under Klopp because he just seems to get them all to find another level.

Edwards and co got a lot of praise for bringing players to Anfield but it was Klopp that made them stars. Would the hit rate have been as high under another manager? Perhaps not.

Endo brings pleasing parallels with the Roberson signing; bargain, small club, low expectations, slow start and then bang! Top a class player making a huge impression on the first team and a key factor in delivering silverware. The only gripe is we didn't sign him sooner. Imagine having Endo last year then Henderson and Fabininho lumbering around the pitch chasing shadows, looking sad and confused. Any new manager is inheriting a midfield that looks pretty set for the next 3-4 years and will have plenty of time to source a new DM. I also cannot see Endo kicking up a fuss when we want to start offering shorter-term contracts, either. Unless he or his family ever gets itchy to a move back to Japan then I can see him taking all the time he can get at Liverpool. There has to be a feeling now that he belongs at this level and is making up for lost time.

Last edited:
It's a bit annoying we didn't have him for a few years tbh. Like, bringing in a 26 year old endo. He's wonderful

In some ways it's hard to judge certain players under Klopp because he just seems to get them all to find another level.

Edwards and co got a lot of praise for bringing players to Anfield but it was Klopp that made them stars. Would the hit rate have been as high under another manager? Perhaps not.
No perhaps about it.

Back
Top Bottom