• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's Plans To Expand Anfield Road Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the club has to contribute to the building of the Anfield train station?The line is there but currently used for freight, which init self brings problems, say officials

I wonder if the club has to contribute to the building of the Anfield train station?The line is there but currently used for freight, which init self brings problems, say officials
@FoxForceFive can probably talk more on this, but I'm pretty sure one of the biggest sticking points over the years has been that Merseyrail want the club to pay for the line to be reopened pretty much in its entirety, despite the fact they'll be the main benefactors. I'm not sure if that's changed, or if Merseyrail have gained an iota of common sense, but either way, LFC would certainly contribute a considerable amount.

That sticking point of the train line is basically just been fucked off.

It appears that since the councils funds have been slashed so dramatically, the ability to gain some funds through increased match day revenue & extra events as well has outweighed the transportation concerns, which are a genuine concern & a major issue.

The rail line just isn't being talked about anymore. It really fucking should be, especially as the council said immediately following that Everton kings dock stadium announcement that a station would be built to serve it, & because that entire portion of the city just doesn't have a rail link at all.

Merseyrail tried to tell the two cowboys decades ago that they had to fund the entire process of reopening the line, & the staff needed to run it every day of the week, not just match days, which was beyond fucking unreal.

Hopefully the much more savvy FSG can have more luck approaching them & come to some sort of arrangement, but currently it looks like no one is raising it at all, for fear of causing an issue that would kill the proposals, cos the fact is, if looked at logistically, the transportation concerns have not been addressed, but the council & the club want the extra cash, & presumably merseyrail don't want the headache & costs associated with the expansion whilst they're currently in the process of switching out their old stock for new stock, which includes modifying most of the old platforms too.

Edit, apologies for sloppy writing/spelling, I've woken up with a dreadful fucking cold & feel like shite. Lovely birthday present!

It appears that since the councils funds have been slashed so dramatically, the ability to gain some funds through increased match day revenue & extra events as well has outweighed the transportation concerns, which are a genuine concern & a major issue.

The rail line just isn't being talked about anymore. It really fucking should be, especially as the council said immediately following that Everton kings dock stadium announcement that a station would be built to serve it, & because that entire portion of the city just doesn't have a rail link at all.

Merseyrail tried to tell the two cowboys decades ago that they had to fund the entire process of reopening the line, & the staff needed to run it every day of the week, not just match days, which was beyond fucking unreal.

Hopefully the much more savvy FSG can have more luck approaching them & come to some sort of arrangement, but currently it looks like no one is raising it at all, for fear of causing an issue that would kill the proposals, cos the fact is, if looked at logistically, the transportation concerns have not been addressed, but the council & the club want the extra cash, & presumably merseyrail don't want the headache & costs associated with the expansion whilst they're currently in the process of switching out their old stock for new stock, which includes modifying most of the old platforms too.

Edit, apologies for sloppy writing/spelling, I've woken up with a dreadful fucking cold & feel like shite. Lovely birthday present!

Happy birthday my friend. That doesn't mean you are to lie down relaxing in bed. Get up and sort the kids out before work. Now off you go!!!!

Happy birthday my friend. That doesn't mean you are to lie down relaxing in bed. Get up and sort the kids out before work. Now off you go!!!!
Thankfully my wonderful wife did that! My son is the dental hospital all morning & the orthodontist this afternoon (tooth out prep then new brace fitting, nothing major) so unfortunately I do need to get dressed & get some pre Christmas shopping done, but I'll be sure to relax with a drink or two & some pizza this evening, had to cancel my night out, but I'll probably be grateful for that tomorrow when I'm not hungover.

Attention anyone on here who voted Tory ---- this is on you!!!! TWATS

Liverpool FC: Studies examine plan for new Anfield rail station
Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Whatsapp
Image copyrightPA
_110215447_liverpool_pa.jpg

Image captionLiverpool FC built a new and larger Main Stand in 2016
Studies have been commissioned to consider building a new railway station next to Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium.

The idea has been mooted for many years but the club's recent plans to further expand the ground have renewed calls for better transport links.

The closest existing stations are Bank Hall and Kirkdale, which are both about 30 minutes away on foot.

The council-ordered studies will look at redeveloping a current freight-only route to accommodate passenger trains.

Bootle branch line is currently only open to goods vehicles and is the main rail entry and exit point for the Port of Liverpool.

Speaking to Liverpool City Council's environment and climate change select committee, Councillor Liam Robinson said: "The feasibility work has now been commissioned.

"Mixing passenger and freight traffic can prove difficult, but that does not mean it can not be done.

"You would probably need to electrify that line and we would then look at what stations there would need to be."

'Real demand'
The latest proposed expansion of the stadium would see 7,000 seats added to the stadium's Anfield Road end, raising the total capacity to 60,000.

Tuebrook and Stoneybrook councillor Joe Dunne said a station could help ease traffic problems caused by a greater influx of fans.

Mr Dunne said: "Is there a limit on where Anfield can expand at the moment because as it continues to expand there is going to be more congestion.

"There is a real demand for a rail stations in that area, even though I know it's a difficult issue."

Happy birthday man! I also have that shitty cold.

Liverpool FC: Studies examine plan for new Anfield rail station
Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Whatsapp
Image copyrightPA
_110215447_liverpool_pa.jpg

Image captionLiverpool FC built a new and larger Main Stand in 2016
Studies have been commissioned to consider building a new railway station next to Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium.

The idea has been mooted for many years but the club's recent plans to further expand the ground have renewed calls for better transport links.

The closest existing stations are Bank Hall and Kirkdale, which are both about 30 minutes away on foot.

The council-ordered studies will look at redeveloping a current freight-only route to accommodate passenger trains.

Bootle branch line is currently only open to goods vehicles and is the main rail entry and exit point for the Port of Liverpool.

Speaking to Liverpool City Council's environment and climate change select committee, Councillor Liam Robinson said: "The feasibility work has now been commissioned.

"Mixing passenger and freight traffic can prove difficult, but that does not mean it can not be done.

"You would probably need to electrify that line and we would then look at what stations there would need to be."

'Real demand'
The latest proposed expansion of the stadium would see 7,000 seats added to the stadium's Anfield Road end, raising the total capacity to 60,000.

Tuebrook and Stoneybrook councillor Joe Dunne said a station could help ease traffic problems caused by a greater influx of fans.

Mr Dunne said: "Is there a limit on where Anfield can expand at the moment because as it continues to expand there is going to be more congestion.

"There is a real demand for a rail stations in that area, even though I know it's a difficult issue."
Let's just get it done

It runs from Bootle docks, through Walton/ Anfield, on through Tuebrook. Would imagine could put a station in by Anfield cemetery ( servicing both Anfield and Goodison, seeing as they will never move ), and by Newsham Park in Tuebrook.

It runs from Bootle docks, through Walton/ Anfield, on through Tuebrook. Would imagine could put a station in by Anfield cemetery ( servicing both Anfield and Goodison, seeing as they will never move ), and by Newsham Park in Tuebrook.
There's also the cost of the trains to factor in, where 1 coach costs £1m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom