• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loan Players Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 24-year-old said: ‘Delighted to have signed for @officialafcb for the remainder of the season!! Can’t wait to get started
Best of luck to @liverpoolfc for the rest of the season ❤️’

Someone made a video compilation of Phillips on his Bournemouth debut that's not at all flattering. I don't like this kind of stuff done on our players and it can be misleading, so I won't post it, but it's fair to assume he didn't particularly impress the fans on the day...

Someone made a video compilation of Phillips on his Bournemouth debut that's not at all flattering. I don't like this kind of stuff done on our players and it can be misleading, so I won't post it, but it's fair to assume he didn't particularly impress the fans on the day...

They haven’t learned have they ?

Took Solanke a few years before he top scores for them now.

Took Nat a few years before he became a cult hero for us.

Good for him. Let's hope he can bring that form with him if he steps back up for us, because he's not convinced me when I've seen him in a red shirt previously.

checked out his highlights.

He's much brawnier now. Looks very hard to get past, quick reflexes, long legs, alert mind. He definitely gives off the 'safe' vibe

Nothing much to say attacking wise. He's not TAA, but he's competent.

50 games? How long has he been there???

[article]Sepp van den Berg has noticed a “massive difference” in his game since making his first appearance on loan at Preston North End in February 2021.

The on-loan Liverpool defender has featured over 50 times for the club over the course of his two spells at Deepdale, and he feels his game has really developed since his arrival.

“It’s a big difference,” he said. “I know it’s a bit of a cliché but even if I look back at some clips from the first games, it’s just a big difference.

“I’m getting older as well so I’m getting bigger and everything, but it’s a massive difference in my opinion.

“50 [appearances] already! I’d been looking into how many games I’d played a few weeks ago and it’s going really quick, especially this season.

The 20-year-old, who has made four senior appearances for parent club Liverpool, first signed on loan for PNE at the start of February 2021 before returning on a season-long loan in the summer.

Sepp has been an integral part of the side this campaign, playing more minutes in the Championship than any other outfielder in the squad, and he’s got his eye very much set on finishing the season strongly.

He said: “It’s been a pleasure to be here; everything has been great personally. Football wise as well I think we’ve been doing very well this season, especially the second half and hopefully we can keep that going.

“Personally and as a team [hopefully we can] just keep doing better and better, and hopefully we can get to the Play-Offs this season.

“It’s gone really well and I’ve really enjoyed being here.”

The majority of his performances have come on the right-hand side of a back three, especially since the appointment of Ryan Lowe, and the defence have been tight recently, keeping four clean sheets in the last five games.

They’ve come after a spell without a shut-out in the previous 12 games, and the Netherlands U21 international feels the reason for that has been the adjustment to their new manager’s tactics.

“It’s a different type of playing, a more risky one as well playing out from the back,” he added.

“We just had to get used to that and I think now as a back three, or back five, whatever you want to call it, just us in a defensive shape has been way better, so I think that’s just the reason why.

Next up is a trip to Peterborough United, to face Darren Ferguson’s side who sit 22nd in the Championship, but Sepp is certainly not taking anything for granted.

Sepp added: “I’ve been surprised many times in this league since I’ve been here. Everyone can beat everyone.

“Of course we’ve beaten top teams before, but we’ve lost against low teams so it’s just a different game and another one where you have to set your mind, focus, and give it your all, and hopefully you can get a good result.

“It’s not going to be an easy game, that’s what we all know, so we just need to be prepared.”[/article]

[article]Sepp van den Berg has noticed a “massive difference” in his game since making his first appearance on loan at Preston North End in February 2021.

The on-loan Liverpool defender has featured over 50 times for the club over the course of his two spells at Deepdale, and he feels his game has really developed since his arrival.

“It’s a big difference,” he said. “I know it’s a bit of a cliché but even if I look back at some clips from the first games, it’s just a big difference.

“I’m getting older as well so I’m getting bigger and everything, but it’s a massive difference in my opinion.

“50 [appearances] already! I’d been looking into how many games I’d played a few weeks ago and it’s going really quick, especially this season.

The 20-year-old, who has made four senior appearances for parent club Liverpool, first signed on loan for PNE at the start of February 2021 before returning on a season-long loan in the summer.

Sepp has been an integral part of the side this campaign, playing more minutes in the Championship than any other outfielder in the squad, and he’s got his eye very much set on finishing the season strongly.

He said: “It’s been a pleasure to be here; everything has been great personally. Football wise as well I think we’ve been doing very well this season, especially the second half and hopefully we can keep that going.

“Personally and as a team [hopefully we can] just keep doing better and better, and hopefully we can get to the Play-Offs this season.

“It’s gone really well and I’ve really enjoyed being here.”

The majority of his performances have come on the right-hand side of a back three, especially since the appointment of Ryan Lowe, and the defence have been tight recently, keeping four clean sheets in the last five games.

They’ve come after a spell without a shut-out in the previous 12 games, and the Netherlands U21 international feels the reason for that has been the adjustment to their new manager’s tactics.

“It’s a different type of playing, a more risky one as well playing out from the back,” he added.

“We just had to get used to that and I think now as a back three, or back five, whatever you want to call it, just us in a defensive shape has been way better, so I think that’s just the reason why.

Next up is a trip to Peterborough United, to face Darren Ferguson’s side who sit 22nd in the Championship, but Sepp is certainly not taking anything for granted.

Sepp added: “I’ve been surprised many times in this league since I’ve been here. Everyone can beat everyone.

“Of course we’ve beaten top teams before, but we’ve lost against low teams so it’s just a different game and another one where you have to set your mind, focus, and give it your all, and hopefully you can get a good result.

“It’s not going to be an easy game, that’s what we all know, so we just need to be prepared.”[/article]

To be honest, this fills me with confidence in our scouting. This lad looked pretty awful in the first year since we signed him – I couldn't see how he could develop into a good player, but our scouts clearly did and that's exactly how it should work, they should be way ahead of the fans in evaluating a player.

To be honest, this fills me with confidence in our scouting. This lad looked pretty awful in the first year since we signed him – I couldn't see how he could develop into a good player, but our scouts clearly did and that's exactly how it should work, they should be way ahead of the fans in evaluating a player.

And loan arrangement too. So important to choose the right club and environment. Of cos, a lot depends on the player too, but it does seem like we can work more on the loan network/"homework" done before that.

The fact that he has managed to hold on to his position + develop despite playing under 3 managers during this 50 match spell speaks volume of his character + ability in some way, too.

With centre backs game time is paramount. And it's rare you find a finished article at 18.

I think he'll come back and be a capable player

He looks more accomplished than his fellow Dutch, Hoever, and we sold Hoever for 9m.
I suspect that was something to do with the fee we paid for Jota.
Both fees got inflated and it was used for some fancy accounting trick.

VDB looks better than all of our other reserve CB's.
He has worked on his athleticism. I think playing as a right back added a lot to his game.
Still early days and being good in the Championship doesn't necessarily translate to success in the PL.
We should definitely hold on to him and maybe, just maybe, he'll be 4th choice after the summer.

[article]The Charleston Battery announced Friday the acquisition of midfielder Matteo Ritaccio, on loan from English Premier League side Liverpool FC for the 2022 season, pending league and federation approval. The 20-year-old American has ascended through Liverpool’s academy ranks since first signing professionally with the Reds in November 2019.

“I’m very excited to be joining the Battery this season and am looking forward to getting to work,” said Ritaccio. “The move to play in the USL Championship will be a great challenge for me that will help me grow. Having the opportunity to share the field with experienced professionals in this league is something I will embrace.”

Ritaccio has made 35 appearances across all competitions for various Liverpool academy teams, most recently with the U23 squad that competes in the Premier League 2. The youngster comes highly regarded as a box-to-box midfielder and was a member of the FA Youth Cup-winning side in 2019. Ritaccio inked a new contract with the Reds in May 2021.

“Matteo has a good background after being at Liverpool the last few years, he's learned a lot about the style of play that I'm very fond of,” said Battery Head Coach Conor Casey. “He’s smart with the ball, he’s got a good engine. So, we're delighted to have him in, continue his progress, and we're hoping he's a big piece for us.”

The midfielder first arrived in Merseyside in August 2018 after initially being spotted as a 13-year old at a US national team training camp. Ritaccio played for youth development club BW Gottschee in his native New York prior to the move across the pond.

On the international stage, Ritaccio represented the United States with the U20 squad against the United Arab Emirates U23 team in September 2019. He additionally holds dual citizenship with both the U.S. and Italy.

Matteo comes from a footballing family and is the youngest of three brothers. The eldest brother, Giraldo, played collegiately at SUNY Oneonta and the middle brother, Carlo, played at Akron before being selected by Chicago Fire FC in the third round of the 2022 MLS SuperDraft.

The midfielder is happy to make the Stateside move and be closer to his family during the season.

“It feels great to be back in the U.S., my family is also excited about the opportunity I have in Charleston and being able to see me play here,” said Ritaccio.

Ritaccio becomes the 10th new player added to the roster ahead of the 2022 season and will be available for the Breeze Airways™ Carolina Challenge Cup starting Saturday.
[/article]

More to the point surely we could find a better loan for him than USA Div 2!!

It's a historical reference. Confederate troops firing on a Union gun battery in Charleston harbour was the first engagement in the Civil War.

Ok - I get it’s a historic reference now - but it’s still a shit name for a football team.

I hate the way modern teams have to have some sort of “point of difference” bollocks name in their title - Australia are horrible at it as well.

[article]After a nightmare debut for Phillips at Bournemouth - beaten by non-league Boreham Wood in the FA Cup - he's helped the Cherries bounce back and record successive Championship wins.

They came from behind to beat Blackpool 2-1 on Saturday. Phillips played the full 90 minutes in what proved to be a thrilling afternoon at Bloomfield Road.

Scott Parker's side had a rotten first half when Dominic Solanke's awful penalty was easily saved by home stopper Daniel Grimshaw. Josh Bowler's strike then put the hosts 1-0 up.

It looked like a miserable day for Phillips' men but they pulled off a superb late comeback with Jamal Lowe and then Siriki Dembele stealing the points.

And Phillips even finished the game as an auxiliary centre-forward. Parker said of the tactical switch-up: "We've made numerous changes during the second half and it's worked, but there's loads of times it doesn't and that's the way it is sometimes."
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom