• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

London 2012 Olympics

Can't wait.

I hope Gatlin wins fuck all.

Cocky twat.
Amen to that. It's a really close one though. Bolt being the favourite but the difference between the top five is milliseconds. I cannot wait!

Gatlin has to run a personal best and Bolt/Blake need to have stinkers for the American to win.

Ryan Bailey, the US runner that was in Bolt's race must have thought he was hot shit after his 9.88 in round 1.

Soon found out otherwise.

Gatlin's got the fastest qualifying time, but Bolt was jogging for 30 metres and was only 500 hundredths slower.

Silver for Christine Ohuruogu.

Such an amazing finisher. If she could only improve the first part of her race.

Bolt.

BOOOOOOM !

Colin Jackson called the time - 9.64.

Massive.

EDIT: Rounded down to 9.63

I think what we are learning here certainly is that weve got some bare beautiful olympian chicks.

bolt-wins.jpeg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/06/bottle-thrown-olympic-100m-final
Man arrested after bottle thrown on to track at start of Olympic 100m final
Medal-winning Dutch judoka tackles man who hurled plastic projectile seconds before start of race won by Usain Bolt
Bottle-thrown-onto-track--008.jpg
A bottle lands behind the starting blocks between Justin Gatlin and Yohan Blake as the sprinters start in the Olympic men's 100m final. Photograph: Martin Meissner/AP
A man has been arrested for shouting abuse and throwing a plastic bottle on to the track just seconds before the start of the Olympic 100m final.
A Dutch judoka who was sitting behind the man said she had tackled him after the incident, but had missed Usain Bolt's 9.63 second Olympic record in the process.
The plastic bottle being hurled on to the track towards the athletes was clearly visible to the hundreds of millions of TV viewers who had tuned in to watch the blue riband event of the Games.
Edith Bosch, who won a bronze medal last week in the 70kg category, had a trackside seat in the second row, but said on Twitter that she attacked the man after he threw the bottle.
"Some drunk in front of me throws a bottle onto the track!! I hit him … Unbelievable," she said, adding the hashtags "angry" and "norespect".
She revealed in her next tweet that she had missed the race in the commotion: "Dammit ... and I missed the 100m! What a BEEP".
Bosch later told NOS TV. "I had seen the man walking around earlier and said to people around me that he was a peculiar bloke. Then he threw that bottle and in my emotion I hit him on the back with the flat of my hand. Then he was scooped up by the security. However, he did make me miss the final, and I am very sad about that. I just cannot understand how someone can do something like that."
A spokeswoman for the London Organising Committee confirmed that a man had been arrested following the incident.
Scotland Yard said a man was arrested "on suspicion of causing a public nuisance".
"The man had been heard to shout abuse and then throw a plastic bottle on to the track immediately prior to the start of the men's 100m final. He remains in custody at an east London police station," said a Metropolitan police spokesman.
"No one was injured during the incident and the event was not interfered with in any way," he added.
Tickets for the 100m final cost up to £725 and 2 million people applied to be in the 80,000 capacity stadium.
Bolt said he was not aware of the incident, but bronze medallist Justin Gatlin said that he sensed the commotion as he settled into his blocks.
"There was a little distraction and I didn't know what it was. You could hear a pin drop," said Gatlin. "You just have to block it out. It was a great race, one in the history books and I'm glad to be a part of it. The crowd were electrifying."
beerman_medium.gif

What the fuck was I worried about, we have exceeded all expectations amazing efforts from team GB.

Saturday night will stick in my memory for a sporting night forever, the atmosphere was amazing.

You have to say congrats to the organisers and the GB public for backing this and making it an amazing games, fuck you all the moaning twats saying security will be massive problem, waste of money, only for londoners.

So glad to see footy team fuck up as well LOL

I can't believe that dickhead threw the bottle onto the track. Why would you do something like that?

That Lawrence Okoye is a fucking beast!! He looks like a Street Fighter 2 character.

Back
Top Bottom