• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Louis van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting nowhere. Whatever. FSG out! Er, next, and we shall be shouting be gone whoever next!
You're confused Y1. Keeping our business in-house is the fabled Liverpool Way. It's what Kenny tried to go back to and its the right way to conduct business. So what if the fans are in the dark and getting a bit anxious? They need to rather get it right than pander to the whims of the fans.

The fans are there to support the team first and foremost. The owners get our support by doing the right thing for the club. We don't have to like them. We didn't support the previous regime because of their actions or lack thereof. They took us to the brink of administration.

FSG are under no obligation to keep the fans in the loop on what their next move is and rightly so. Imagine revealing our plans to the world of what their next move is going to be? They've done all they said they are going to do and backed it up with cash. They bought the club, reduced our debt, fired Hodgson, installed Kenny and splashed the cash. The stadium issue is the only thing outstanding. They have earned my respect thus far and there's no reason to think that they don't have the best interest of the club at heart. Business is what it is and they've earned my respect by keeping their word.

Yep, too many people are taking the fact that we don't know what's going on to equal that the owners are in the same predicament. I don't particularly agree with how it's been handled so far but at least we're not jumping into bed with the first manager we speak to.

And let's be fair, just how much of it can you keep quiet these days? Capello was sacked and straight away Redknapp and Hodgson were the only two managers all over the press as being 'reportedly' in the running for the job.

It's like when someone posted last week that we were dragging our feet and this sort of thing didn't happen when we appointed Benitez. Even though Houllier was sacked three weeks before he was appointed and we had the whole thing drawn out in the press, including him resigning from Valencia.

These things are never particularly easy, or pretty.

What Liverpool need as a club is unity. Let's stand behind whoever is appointed and give them a chance to get on with restoring our reputation through excellence. We're intelligent enough to recognise whether we're improving or not in the short-term and need to accept that success isn't going to happen instantly.

We're intelligent enough to recognise whether we're improving or not in the short-term and need to accept that success isn't going to happen instantly.

The former is certainly true, enough posters will be telling us as much after the first game. The latter is never going to happen. We all want to be up there but we're going to get another season where too many people have too high expectations too soon and so whatever we achieve will always be subject to criticism, dependent on how realistic your viewpoint is.

The former is certainly true, enough posters will be telling us as much after the first game. The latter is never going to happen. We all want to be up there but we're going to get another season where too many people have too high expectations too soon and so whatever we achieve will always be subject to criticism, dependent on how realistic your viewpoint is.
I'm not sure that there's a manager avaliable who can appease all the fans. There's always going to be dissenters. We have to accept that while we believe that we're still the best, our league position for the past 20 odd years showed a different reality. That we were on the brink of administration and have a largely average squad should temper any unrealistic expectations. Top 4 will exceed our expectations but its something we should be challenging for.

On the management front, Martinez may be the favourite but his press conference doesn't add up when FSG are still interviewing other candidates. It simply means he didn't get the job. Rogers odds have shortened, not that I pay much attention to that kind of thing. I'd be interested in what LVG actually said when Ayre visited him. That is the key. Appointing a DoF first then a manager is how it should be. Let's wait and see what happens. The waiting is killing me. I want this done and dusted.

Jen Chang?

I know. It would just be nice if he wasn't bound and gagged and locked in the broom cupboard and was busy improving the process of communication. I know part of PR and communication is controlling when nothing is communicated, but it's LFC, not The Beatles.

I know. It would just be nice if he wasn't bound and gagged and locked in the broom cupboard and was busy improving the process of communication. I know part of PR and communication is controlling when nothing is communicated, but it's LFC, not The Beatles.
I already don't like the bastard. Making us sweat.

Just sitting back and allowing that idiot to waffle away is amateurish in itself. It wouldn't take much - admittedly more that Ayre's imitation of professor Stanley Unwin - to take control of the speculation and reassure Henry's beloved 'Liverpool Family'. The idea that a club either blabs incessantly or acts like MI5 is just insultingly simplistic.

Just sitting back and allowing that idiot to waffle away is amateurish in itself. It wouldn't take much - admittedly more that Ayre's imitation of professor Stanley Unwin - to take control of the speculation and reassure Henry's beloved 'Liverpool Family REDS'. The idea that a club either blabs incessantly or acts like MI5 is just insultingly simplistic.
I couldn't resist Macca;)

I'm fuckin' made up!

Louis van Gaal believes that Liverpool will make an official announcement of his appointment at the club by the end of the week.

Am i the only one thinking LVG will cause more problems than there already is ?

He's fought with boardrooms and incited a loyal following of hate mobs almost everywhere he goes. He's fallen out with at least one star player in all of his teams.

Also, I'm still not convinced with his managerial skills.

I suppose the man's arrogance and face just puts me off big time.

He's fought with boardrooms and incited a loyal following of hate mobs almost everywhere he goes. He's fallen out with at least one star player in all of his teams.

maybe that is what we need?

Depends what you mean by "managerial skills". Off the field, he does have the kind of history you describe. On the field, though, his record is top quality. It would be a risky appointment for the reasons you set out, but one thing you can be sure of is that we'd be getting a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom