• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lovren's sweet embrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
Seems he has some favour at the club, still. Extension said to be announced til 2022.

Hope it just means he is getting sold with extra contract as bargaining though.

Hope so too.
Also possible the extension might be automatic if he makes a certain number of appearances, although 10 in the league seems like a low bar for such a clause.

Is Lovren part of some elite Freemasons group? Or does he have something on Klopp? The way things are going Lovren will be manager or coach soon.

Maybe it's just cheaper to keep him than get rid and find a replacement, especially if any interest in him from other clubs has dissipated.

Is Lovren part of some elite Freemasons group? Or does he have something on Klopp? The way things are going Lovren will be manager or coach soon.
The first part is defo true like

He was one of the ones in with Mamic from Zagreb like Modric so they're all in some mad little conspiracy from the get go

Lovren's statement yesterday pretty much indicates that he wants to leave for first team action. Good on him if that's the case. Hopefully we get about 15 million for him.

I wouldn't. The market should dictate what Lovren costs, and I know there's a cult of irrational hatred for him on here, but he isn't nearly as bad a defender as people make him out to be. For starters, I'd have him ahead of any of Arsenal's woeful CBs, and I'd also have him ahead of the perma-injured and overrated Stones. He's about the same level as an Otamendi perhaps. Not great, but not absolute terrible, and in a mid-table side, he wouldn't be half bad. Many a Premier League mid-table or lower mid-table manager would happily take him if they could afford his fees and wages. The biggest hurdle in moving Lovren, I suspect, will be his 100k a week wages.

For transfer fees, just as an example, let's look at the CBs who moved last summer.

Maguire - 80 mil
De Ligt - 77 mil
Hernandez - 72 mil
Militao - 45 mil
Manolas - 32 mil
Diallo - 29 mil
Hummels - 27 mil
Saliba - 27 mil
Romero - 23 mil
Kounde - 22 mil
Hermoso - 22 mil
Andersen - 22 mil
Mings - 20 mil
Webster - 19 mil
Felipe - 18 mil
Maripan - 16 mil

Based on that list (of whom half I don't even know), I'd demand at least 15 million, and hope to get somewhere around 10 million given the financial circumstances.

Agree with the Ottamendi comparison. Both can look good next to someone competent (e.g. Kompany, VVD) but are still prone to diving in and rash decisions.

Klopp has just won the title, he could admit being on Epstein's plane a couple of dozen times and there is no chance of him being fired, yet he still offers the guy a new contract. It is something else. Perhaps he is banging Lovren's wife and doesn't want her to move away.

We feed Mo his PEDs via the coffee Lovren gets for him. Dejan is in on it, and will take the fall should it ever come to it.

Worth every penny.

As long as he never sets foot on the pitch in a Liverpool shirt again I really could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom